SportsWrath

Arrington's agent suspended for two years

jranieli

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2370177

Carl Poston, the agent for ex-Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington, was suspended for two years Wednesday by the NFL Players Association's Committee on Agent Regulation & Discipline, the SportsBusiness Journal reported.

The suspension stems from violations over Arrington's contract negotiations at the end of the 2003 season. Arrington claims the Redskins orally agreed to a $6.5 million bonus, a bonus that was subsequently left out of the former Penn State star's contract.

Poston will be able to appeal the suspension.

In August, Arrington and the team cam to a settlement over the bonus, but terms favored the Redskins, who agreed only to a deal that would make Arrington a free agent or net him a $3.25 million bonus if he made the Pro Bowl in two of the next four seasons. He did not make the Pro Bowl this season.

In January, the NFLPA filed a formal complaint seeking disciplinary action against Poston for "neglect."

Poston's suspension was announced at the players' union's annual meeting in Maui.

:lol: Maybe he will hire Rosenhaus and get the deal done. Atleast EA and Drew have a good relationship.

That's the thinking behind this. Poston is an idiot though, so this is actually a blessing in disguise for Lavar.

:LMAO: This guy is a joke and must be a real pain to deal with. Lavar should be off the market by now, and the longer he is on it then the less money he'll end up getting. He's going to have to accept an offer from someone soon.

:LMAO: This guy is a joke and must be a real pain to deal with. Lavar should be off the market by now, and the longer he is on it then the less money he'll end up getting. He's going to have to accept an offer from someone soon.

You ever seen some of the Bang cartoons with the Poston brothers in them? They're classic.

What do you guys think? Will Lavar switch brothers or just switch agents alltogether. Meshawn's agent got banned I heard it was reported that he would negotiate his own contracts with his agent being an informal aid. This might be a blessing in disguise for this organization. Lavar has not really received a ton of interest. He seemed to get the most from the Giants. Yeah Rosenhaus does have a bad rep but he does have a good relationship with Ernie. I really think a deal could happen. Same with Peterson who I believe has Poston as an agent.

What do you guys think? Will Lavar switch brothers or just switch agents alltogether. Meshawn's agent got banned I heard it was reported that he would negotiate his own contracts with his agent being an informal aid. This might be a blessing in disguise for this organization. Lavar has not really received a ton of interest. He seemed to get the most from the Giants. Yeah Rosenhaus does have a bad rep but he does have a good relationship with Ernie. I really think a deal could happen. Same with Peterson who I believe has Poston as an agent.

There just aren't any agents out there anymore like Jerry McGuire. He's can show any player the money and teams love him.

LOL, no. I never knew that there was such a thing

bangcartoon.com. Register a new name and go into the archive. The toons are called Going Poston, Bike Rider (or something like that) and more. And that is just some of the stuff on it. Take my word for it, they're hilarious.

"This does not affect me or LaVar's free agency at all," Kevin Poston said. "Carl will appeal and I trust he will be totally vindicated as he did nothing wrong whatsoever. Carl will continue to handle his business as usual."

face it, lavar will not be a giant. who cares if he has a new agent. he will go to cincinatti and replace the hole left by takeo spikes when he went for buffalo. we will draft a lb in the first round, not sign anyone.

"This does not affect me or LaVar's free agency at all," Kevin Poston said. "Carl will appeal and I trust he will be totally vindicated as he did nothing wrong whatsoever. Carl will continue to handle his business as usual."

exaclty his brother is doing the negotiating now the suspention means nothing...

Some additional info:

A suspension and appeal likely wouldn't affect the Giants unless Arrington decided to switch agents, which would mean the Giants would have to start from scratch with Arrington's new representative.

When reached at his office yesterday afternoon, Kevin Poston said he had not spoken to the Giants about Arrington since Tuesday.

"We had a good visit there, but he's talking to other teams as well," Poston said. "They're still a team of interest. LaVar's just taking his time and feeling out the situation.

The agent for free-agent DT Brentson Buckner said he has had preliminary talks with the Giants, but doesn't expect any developments with them or any club until next week

from nj.com:

Link

Then there's this:

A source familiar with his plans said that LaVar Arrington is talking seriously with other teams and has no plans to revisit the Giants.' It is believed that the Cincinnati Bengals have become the front-runner for his services, and he's expected to visit there in the coming days.

-- New York Daily News

:glare: