SportsWrath

Are the Giants mourning the death of a dynasty?

jranieli

They were all wearing black today

09000d5d8064fbce_gallery_600.jpg

http://blog.nj.com/ledgergiants/2008/01/th...o_accident.html

CHANDLER, Ariz. -- In my previous entry, I mentioned that most of the players were wearing dark suits. Well, after a close look, I can tell you they're not just dark -- they're black.

And if you think it's a coincidence that they're all wearing black, then you don't know this team. After covering them for more than five months, I know they're trying to play mind games.

"It's a business trip," WR Plaxico Burress said of the wardrobe choices.

Is it a business trip or a funeral? Like a funeral for the end of a certain perfect season?

"It's a business trip," Burress replied with a smirk. "But it could be both."

Nothing like playing mind games with the team that patented the mind game -- the Bill Belichicks.

Nothing like playing mind games with the team that patented the mind game -- the Bill Belichicks.

Yeah, the death of a player in the off season, the birth of the QB's bastard child, spygate, accusations of running up the score, DV accusation against the number one WR, and a perfect season couldn't distract the Patriots.

But the Giants wearing matching clothes will...... :rolleyes:

Yeah, the death of a player in the off season, the birth of the QB's bastard child, spygate, accusations of running up the score, DV accusation against the number one WR, and a perfect season couldn't distract the Patriots.

Deevious masterminds, arent we.

Awesome. Good to see Colonel Coughlin keeping these guys in line. Don't make the same mistake Fassell made. In 1 week they can all party for months if they want. This week it's a business trip.

You're right.....Chief Osi can turn out twenty strip clubs north and south of the border after the game. Its about getting the job done this week.

Its not about the Pats regarding the clothing bit....its about the Giants bonding to a single purpose. Remember football is one of the most ritualized and fetish filled sports out there. :P