SportsWrath

Does the Arizona weather favor the Giants?

JMFP

Yes. You raise a very good point. The weather in Arizona will help the Giants speed rush, while mysteriously slowing the Patriots receiving core, forcing Brady to take sacks. Had it been warmer in the Meadowlands that last time these two teams played, I don't think the Patriots would have scored.

Please keep in mind that I wrote this response assuming that the Patriots are even going to show up after the Giants wore black coming off the plane. I mean, the Patriots have some experience, but those black clothes -- I just don't know if were prepared for that... :o

Strange, but I recall that the field conditions in Dallas were also very good, and by the end of the game Tony Rom0-2 was literally running for his life.

I also recall shrieks of "Jessica, Jessica, save me!" during the 4th quarter, followed by dull thudding sounds, and muffled groans.

I think bad weather conditions actually favor the offense, to the extent that defenders need to be reactive, and therefore, poor conditions create slower reaction times. The exception to this is wind, which completely screws the passing game (see: Redskins game).

I understand that NE has a great passing game, but considering that our secondary plays a lot of press coverage, I'm happy that the conditions won't be slippery. I also think we'll see Strahan and Osi have a field day against the Patriots line.....maybe not a lot of sacks, but pressure like they had against Garcia and Rom0-2.

I think bad weather conditions actually favor the offense, to the extent that defenders need to be reactive, and therefore, poor conditions create slower reaction times. The exception to this is wind, which completely screws the passing game (see: Redskins game).

I understand that NE has a great passing game, but considering that our secondary plays a lot of press coverage, I'm happy that the conditions won't be slippery. I also think we'll see Strahan and Osi have a field day against the Patriots line.....maybe not a lot of sacks, but pressure like they had against Garcia and Rom0-2.

Field Day? You did say "field day" right?

Just like the "field day" in week 17:

Brady: 32-42 356 yards 2 Tds, 0 Ints...Sacked once for minus 10.

Now, I don't know how much "pressure" the Giants had, but 356 yards says that it wasn't that much...And, I don't recall the weather conditions, but I don't think that game was played in a monsoon or snow storm...

So let me get this straight: The Giants defensive line has improved that much since Week 17 and the Pats offensive line is simply not going to show up Sunday...And Brady will react the same way to this so-called "pressure" as Romo and Garcia did...And the Cowboys and Bucs surrounded Romo and Garcia with the same type of weapons as Brady to help relieve the pressure...Hmmmmm...I see how the situations are similar... :doh:

Field day? It's stuff like this that keeps me here... :lol:

Now, I don't know how much "pressure" the Giants had, but 356 yards says that it wasn't that much...And, I don't recall the weather conditions, but I don't think that game was played in a monsoon or snow storm...

So let me get this straight: The Giants defensive line has improved that much since Week 17 and the Pats offensive line is simply not going to show up Sunday...And Brady will react the same way to this so-called "pressure" as Romo and Garcia did...And the Cowboys and Bucs surrounded Romo and Garcia with the same type of weapons as Brady to help relieve the pressure...Hmmmmm...I see how the situations are similar... :doh:

No its not silly statements that keep you here, is the fact you are a sore losing cocksucker :TU:

Your point of reference is a cold night in the Meadowlands in a meaningless game for the Giants.

My reference point is the playoffs, most notably, performances at Tampa and Dallas.

Your conventional, inside-the-box thinking reminds me of the assorted ESPN talking heads that "boldly" predicted that the Cowboys offensive line would handle the G-Men. And we all know how that turned out.

romo.jpg

Give Spagnuolo credit - he learned from his 2 losses to the Cowboys, and his loss to the Packers. Chances are, he'll look at the Patriots game and come to similar conclusions on how to defend against Brady. And judging from the Jacksonville game, it won't be a strategy to let Brady sit back there and go 26-28. He's going to dial up the pressure, especially if Brady has a gimpy ankle.

Your point of reference is a cold night in the Meadowlands in a meaningless game for the Giants.

My reference point is the playoffs, most notably, performances at Tampa and Dallas.

Your conventional, inside-the-box thinking reminds me of the assorted ESPN talking heads that "boldly" predicted that the Cowboys offensive line would handle the G-Men. And we all know how that turned out.

romo.jpg

Give Spagnuolo credit - he learned from his 2 losses to the Cowboys, and his loss to the Packers. Chances are, he'll look at the Patriots game and come to similar conclusions on how to defend against Brady. And judging from the Jacksonville game, it won't be a strategy to let Brady sit back there and go 26-28. He's going to dial up the pressure, especially if Brady has a gimpy ankle.

the dog guesses that no other team has come to this brilliant conclusion as of yet...you did it! you solved the mystery of the patriots! get the word out to defensive coordinators everywhere...remember this date! January 29th 2008 is the date that the clever scheme to derail the patriots offense was hatched! it's pressure! Pressure! PRESEzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

No, the Pats O line is gonna show up, but our front line has improved that much since week 17. It started w/ Tampa, then shutting down that powerhouse of an offense in Dallas. Did you forget that game already? You put up 45 then 35 in our first two games, 17 in the last. GB put up 35, 20 in the last game. YEah, they got that much better.

No, the Pats O line is gonna show up, but our front line has improved that much since week 17. It started w/ Tampa, then shutting down that powerhouse of an offense in Dallas. Did you forget that game already? You put up 45 then 35 in our first two games, 17 in the last. GB put up 35, 20 in the last game. YEah, they got that much better.

the giants defenseive line has been the only aspect of the team that has performed at a consistently high level all year...there has been no great improvement in recent weeks. the dog would say that the aspect of the defense that has improved is the defensive backfield in recent weeks. the fact is, everyone says the key to stopping the patriots is pressuring Brady, yest when teams have, they have still put up points.

just as a point of reference, the cowboys put up 31 in the second game, not 35, but the dog is sure that is just another mere oversight by the self-proclaimed superfan that knows his team inside and out...

the giants defenseive line has been the only aspect of the team that has performed at a consistently high level all year...there has been no great improvement in recent weeks. the dog would say that the aspect of the defense that has improved is the defensive backfield in recent weeks. the fact is, everyone says the key to stopping the patriots is pressuring Brady, yest when teams have, they have still put up points.

just as a point of reference, the cowboys put up 31 in the second game, not 35, but the dog is sure that is just another mere oversight by the self-proclaimed superfan that knows his team inside and out...

Hopefully the improvement of the secondary will allow more time to get to Brady. With luck, Brady starts to feel an urgency, and starts making mistakes he hasn't typically been doing this season.

Of course, words like "hopefully" puts me square in the realm of fan. And I'm OK with that.

Hopefully the improvement of the secondary will allow more time to get to Brady. With luck, Brady starts to feel an urgency, and starts making mistakes he hasn't typically been doing this season.

Of course, words like "hopefully" puts me square in the realm of fan. And I'm OK with that.

One difference between this game and week 17, is the Patriots only have one goal -- win. Week 17 they had two goals win AND throw two TD's to Moss. And the Giants knew that, which made it easier to defend. Actually late in the season, several teams focused on Moss because of the records and that did hurt the offense.

Once that record was broken, shutting down Moss has not been very effective (see Jax playoff game).

the obvious fact is the patriots have no glaring weaknesses...hence the unbeaten record. they are the better team, but if the dog has learned anything in recent weeks, it is that anything is possible...the fact is, no team can beat them unless they play the perfect game, and even then, we don't know if they can be beaten, since it has yet to happen. truthfully, even riding the wave of recent weaks, the dog isn't sure the efforts the giants have made against the cowboys and packers will still be enough...they still have to elevate their game even higher...we shall see in a few days...

One difference between this game and week 17, is the Patriots only have one goal -- win. Week 17 they had two goals win AND throw two TD's to Moss. And the Giants knew that, which made it easier to defend. Actually late in the season, several teams focused on Moss because of the records and that did hurt the offense.

Once that record was broken, shutting down Moss has not been very effective (see Jax playoff game).

That might be true, but I have difficulty thinking Bill would risk a loss for a personal record. The guy is too much of a competitor to do that.

Thats exactly what it was dumfuck. I was making a point on how they scored alot in the season, but didnt in the playoff game. 31, 35...who gives a shit, the point was they didnt score that many on us in the playoffs, where our D has improved, along with our offense.

GO ahead, keep looking up stats before you talk, if that makes you feel better about yourself, then have at it. But just FYI..........a retarded 5 yr old can look stuff up too. :rolleyes:

the obvious fact is the patriots have no glaring weaknesses...hence the unbeaten record. they are the better team, but if the dog has learned anything in recent weeks, it is that anything is possible...the fact is, no team can beat them unless they play the perfect game, and even then, we don't know if they can be beaten, since it has yet to happen. truthfully, even riding the wave of recent weaks, the dog isn't sure the efforts the giants have made against the cowboys and packers will still be enough...they still have to elevate their game even higher...we shall see in a few days...

They can be beaten without a perfect game, but they would have to help. Unfortunately, being tied for 7th (Giants were 6th) for least amount of penalties for the season, and having an +16 (Giants were -9) turnover ratio in the regular season doesn't make that likely.

During the post season, we had a higher turnover ratio (+5 to +2), so maybe there is some hope there. But we also had the second-most penalties (16 to 6).

They can be beaten without a perfect game, but they would have to help. Unfortunately, being tied for 7th (Giants were 6th) for least amount of penalties for the season, and having an +16 (Giants were -9) turnover ratio in the regular season doesn't make that likely.

During the post season, we had a higher turnover ratio (+5 to +2), so maybe there is some hope there. But we also had the second-most penalties (16 to 6).

agreed...one thing the giants have done that has helped is the elimination of penalties...truthfully, and the dog will take heat for this, but the fact is even in what has been quite a run in the playoffs, the giants have not been spectacular...they have gotten the job done, which is all that matters, but if you look at each game, they have played near perfect with regards to mental errors and turnovers, risen to the occassion on defense, and done just enough offensively to win. the dog knows people want to say that manning has turned the corner (which may or may not be true), but the reality is, he has done his part not to lose these games, not much more. the run game has gotten them through, but it hasn't been dominant. it will take a better effort in all aspects of the game to win this week, but as the dog said, you just never know...

Thats exactly what it was dumfuck. I was making a point on how they scored alot in the season, but didnt in the playoff game. 31, 35...who gives a shit, the point was they didnt score that many on us in the playoffs, where our D has improved, along with our offense.

GO ahead, keep looking up stats before you talk, if that makes you feel better about yourself, then have at it. But just FYI..........a retarded 5 yr old can look stuff up too. :rolleyes:

the dog thinks this would be a rare treat...

That might be true, but I have difficulty thinking Bill would risk a loss for a personal record. The guy is too much of a competitor to do that.

If this game was must win, not on your life. But that game was just a record too. Pats had clinched the #1 seed weeks ago. So BB was probably a bit more willing to give his QB and #1 WR a little room to play and have fun.

Plus BB isn't the one who decides which receiver the ball is thrown to -- Tom makes that decision.

And had Tom and Randy broke the record, and the Patriots lost the game b/c Tom was forcing the ball to Randy, it would put BB in an ideal position to refocus the team. "Congrats Tom, Congrats Randy. Broke the [expletive] record. But lost the [expletive] game. Nice celebration in the end zone Randy. That only cost 7 [expletive] points. Look its not about records or an undefeated season, but we can't play stupid football in the post season....."

the dog would again like to point out what a class act you are...

the dog was merely pointing out how you consistently challenge others when it comes to football knowledge, yet you seem to have difficulty providing accurate information relative to your own team...it's just a tad perplexing...

the dog would again like to point out what a class act you are...the dog was merely pointing out how you consistently challenge others when it comes to football knowledge, yet you seem to have difficulty providing accurate information relative to your own team...it's just a tad perplexing...

Thanks for noticing.