SportsWrath

Does the Arizona weather favor the Giants?

JMFP

I think our speed pass rush is going to greatly helped by the Arizona field. I also think the field is going to give Ahmad Bradshaw a further advantage over the Patriots veteran but slower linebackers.

I'm interested to hear what other people think.

I think our speed pass rush is going to greatly helped by the Arizona field. I also think the field is going to give Ahmad Bradshaw a further advantage over the Patriots veteran but slower linebackers.

Hum 72 degrees, no rain, no wind, florescent lights. Game is being played indoors.

Food for thought.....

After the Pats-Colts game many of the talking heads said that NE as a vertical passing team would not be able to go 16-0, because the team was built for warm weather or a dome. They said the perfect season would not survive the winter weather of Mass, MD, NJ, and Buffalo because the offense would not be able to continue to score a high number of points in wind, cold or wet weather.

Turns out those talking heads were not far off the mark. Although their predictions of loses did not hold true the NE offense did struggle when the weather got bad. And the scores got a lot closer.

Many of those same talking heads now say that NE offense has been on the decline, discounting their own original analysis that it would.

In an indoor stadium (unless the weather is really nice in which case they will keep the roof open, but that also means it is really nice weather) the NE offense could very possibly return to the form it had during the first half of the season.

Arizona stadium has a retractable roof. Have they said if it will be open or closed yet?

Game day decision, by the league. But they aren't gonna make the millionaire & billionaire "fans" that don't know the difference between a kick off and punt sit in rain, cold or hot weather.

Arizona is a very popular retirement community. The Pats Linebacker corp might be tempted to forego the 2nd half in favor of the early bird special at morrison's cafeteria.

Actually, the stadiums in the West Valley, so that means the Retirement community nearby is Sun City. That means Earlls. ;)

MMMMmmmmm spicy Mexican, I dont know if Bruschi's heart can take it.

:o

What weather, its a dome

Weather, field conditions....whatever. Besides, its a retractable roof, and I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it open for some blimp shots.

Either way, I think our DE's, not the secondary, will be the key to our defense.

Jacksonville had a great defense, including a very strong secondary, and it made no difference because there was no pass rush on Brady.

I really think a fast field plays to our favor. Osi and Strahan kill with speed more than anything else. They'll each be giving up about 50 lbs to their tackles, so I think quickness will be the big factor in getting to Brady.

The defensive line did a nice job harrying Garcia is similar warm weather conditions.

I think a cold, wet, slow field would play to our favor.

Equalize the offenses and I think we win.

Well then rule AZ out. We dont know a whole lot about COLD and WET. Right now, its FREEZING...........at 48 degrees. And its about 6:45am. It'll only get up to the ripe cold temp of about 55 or 60 degrees. And the rain we've been getting lately, its dried an hour after it falls. :rolleyes: Plus, with the retractable roof, that field is gonna be as dry as can be.

Well then rule AZ out. We dont know a whole lot about COLD and WET. Right now, its FREEZING...........at 48 degrees. And its about 6:45am. It'll only get up to the ripe cold temp of about 55 or 60 degrees. And the rain we've been getting lately, its dried an hour after it falls. :rolleyes: Plus, with the retractable roof, that field is gonna be as dry as can be.

maybe you should break in and pull a bull durham by turning on all the sprinklers all night and setting the thermostat to 12 degrees.

maybe you should break in and pull a bull durham by turning on all the sprinklers all night and setting the thermostat to 12 degrees.

I think i still have my handy dandy Janitor disguise in my closet. I'll get my fake Gene Shalit moustache and head to the stadium now!

:P

At this point, I'd like to feel that we're doomed. It's good for my psyche and it usually works in our favor at the end.

Yes. You raise a very good point. The weather in Arizona will help the Giants speed rush, while mysteriously slowing the Patriots receiving core, forcing Brady to take sacks. Had it been warmer in the Meadowlands that last time these two teams played, I don't think the Patriots would have scored.

Please keep in mind that I wrote this response assuming that the Patriots are even going to show up after the Giants wore black coming off the plane. I mean, the Patriots have some experience, but those black clothes -- I just don't know if were prepared for that... :o

Please keep in mind that I wrote this response assuming that the Patriots are even going to show up after the Giants wore black coming off the plane. I mean, the Patriots have some experience, but those black clothes -- I just don't know if were prepared for that... :o

Yeah how silly of them to show some team unity. Real team unity is getting behind a microphone and balling your eyes out.

You gotta point. Ive been telling myself all week we have no chance.

Not me. I told my dad that the Giants are going to be SB champions in 1 week. He told me that if the Giants win he would travel the 1700kms to where I live to personally kiss my feet. I told him to start walking now because the Giants are going to win. :rock:

the dog really doesn't see weather impacted the Patriots, since they have won in every form of weather this season...and the giants haven't seemed to be bothered as of late, so really, the dog sees weather as a non-factor...you don't get to the super bowl being a team that can't win in different forms of weather...

I really don't think the weather plays any part in a game such as the Superbowl, sure weather plays its part when its week 4 and a somewhat less insignificant game, but when you are playing a game for the Vince Lombardi trophy then the elements don't come into it.

You talk about the old Patriots guys tiring out, you do realize that there are probably a few old guys on the Giants team as well as the Patriots that will never see Superbowl action again, so they are going to give much more in this game then they ever have before, well at least they should be, since they should know, this is probably the last chance of Championship action they are ever going to get again.

And if you want to talk about the heat being a factor, then chances are Strahan is going to tire a lot quicker against his heavier opponents then they are, because there is only so long you can go trying to beat the offensive line with speed before you exhaust yourself, no matter what the weather, the longer a game goes on, the more a defense fatigues itself.