SportsWrath

MADDOG GOT IT RIGHT

BadEgg

The Giants are not the Patriots and the worst thing they can do is to try to emulate them or change who they are to show the media that they are 'just as focused.' The Giants need to stay loose and remain comfortable in their own skin. If that means wearing black suits or spiderman costumes- so be it.

I agree 100% with this post if the Giants dressed alike on every road trip this season. But I don't think they did because if they had, the black suits would not be a story. So, in a sense, they are doing what you say they should not be doing, and dressing special for the Patriots and the Superbowl media.

They didn't do this in Buffalo. They didn't do this in Dallas. They didn't do this in TB or GB. We all know they are unified. Why does Antonio Pierce need create another story? How about, "shut up and play football," as the Pats are doing.

Since we are on the subject, I would like to know if whether Ross puked all over his black suit on the plane ride. Does anyone have a link?

Do you hear anybody outside Tampa talking about the Bucs actually winning the Superbowl, or even the Ravens beating the Giants. There are people outside of New England who have no idea how many superbowls they've won. You keep bringing up the point that no one cares outside the actual team fans. Got news for you, there are a new generation of fans, people who were born in the 80's who have no idea who won superbowls in the 60's or 70's, or care for that matter. So a superbowl win solidifies nothing to them.

yes...in fact, football fans are always discussing super bowls and super bowl winners...what the dog is saying is that football fans are rarely if ever discussing the other teams from those years, whether their seasons were good or not...

I can only see what dog says when he's quoted, so I'll answer to him too.

DUHH.....thats what I just said Einstien. We as Giant fans care, thats all that matters.

ALSO.....well said boo. ;)

cowardly court jester...

ok - but outside the circle of giant fans, does it really matter? the dog thinks we are looking at history. winning the super bowl solidifies a team's place...when was the last time anyone was talking about the great season the KC Chiefs and Oakland Raiders had even though they lost to the Packers in SB I and II?

Does what's outside the circle of Giant fans matter? :unsure:

I seriously doubt that true football fans, regardless of their age, have no idea and do not care who won the early Superbowls. But, if what you say is true, they certainly don't care about who won the NFC Championship games and, more importantly, who won league championships in the pre-superbowl era, lets say the 30s and 40s...

They probably don't care about teams that haven't won a playoff game in a dozen years, either. But I'm sure they'll know about that one NFC team who was the first to lose as the no.1 seed in the current format. Surely, we all will be reminded next season when that round of playoffs begins.

Listen, I hold the Cowboys to the same standard and don't put much stock in their NFC Championships, or NFC East titles. I don't know how many East titles they have won off the top of my head, and really don't care.

As far as the black suits go, I don't like it. You have to admit, the Giants have been somewhat yappy and visible this past week. The black suits add to that.

Moreover, why must they show team unity to the world? They have won a number of games that most believed they couldn't win, and maybe they should not have won. And I think you could legitimately question the experience and the talent on the Giants roster at some spots, especially compared to the Pats.

But not even I can question their team unity. If you look at everything the Giants have been through this season, they certainly have team unity and the coaches and players deserve credit for this. No knowedgable football fan would question that. Perhaps more unity than any team in recent memory, aside from the Pats.

So why make a spectacle of it? Why, once again, put yourself in the spotlight, especially when the Pats have been so quiet? Why must they say "look everybody we have unity on the airplane!"?

The Giants have every right to be happy, but I prefer the buisness approach that the Pats are taking. And I am not trying to be antagonistic when I say what I am about to say, but I would be a little worried as a Giants fan. The Pats are a very focused team, and have already taken the Giants best shot. They will be ready and, while I think the Giants could give them a run, I also think that this game could get very ugly very early.

You think because the Giants are wearing black suits that the taskmaster Coughlin isn't going to have them ready to play this game? The Giants are enjoying the moment, so what? It's the Super Bowl, and they are human beings. God forbid you smile a little with 5 days to go.

I agree 100% with this post if the Giants dressed alike on every road trip this season. But I don't think they did because if they had, the black suits would not be a story. So, in a sense, they are doing what you say they should not be doing, and dressing special for the Patriots and the Superbowl media.

They didn't do this in Buffalo. They didn't do this in Dallas. They didn't do this in TB or GB. We all know they are unified. Why does Antonio Pierce need create another story? How about, "shut up and play football," as the Pats are doing.

Since we are on the subject, I would like to know if whether Ross puked all over his black suit on the plane ride. Does anyone have a link?

I didn't realize it was a story. Seemed more like a footnote to me.

Bill Walsh dressed up as a hotel doorman in 1981- went on to win 4 super bowls-what a jerk he was.

the heavily favored miami hurricanes wore camouflage leading up to the 1986 national championship game...the dog wonders how they did that year...

the heavily favored miami hurricanes wore camouflage leading up to the 1986 national championship game...the dog wonders how they did that year...

thank you for helping to prove my point. so then you'll agree egg, that dressing in whatever costume has no bearing whatsoever in winning or losing.

thank you for helping to prove my point. so then you'll agree egg, that dressing in whatever costume has no bearing whatsoever in winning or losing.

Yeah egg, like sometimes when you dress in drag, sometimes you win a date, sometimes you lose.

The Patriots are all business like huh?

Yet all week we are hearing about Brady's ankle and his model girlfriend and about Randy Moss having to stay away from another girl cause he probably clipped her.

Next thing from Badegg: "Strahan was singing at the podium yesterday, that's unprofessional!!"

good call...the dog loves the court jester...

I had to peek at this comment, because I knew your dumass would have something to say. I guessed off the top of my head, I didnt google like you do everything to make yourself seem smarter. And I was only a year off.

Yes, I love you too, I love all retards. Im nice like that.

I had to peek at this comment, because I knew your dumass would have something to say. I guessed off the top of my head, I didnt google like you do everything to make yourself seem smarter. And I was only a year off.

Yes, I love you too, I love all retards. Im nice like that.

you are one class act court jester. the dog couldn't possibly imagine what the reporter from Boston was talking about when she commented on classless fans...it's a shame that a handful of individuals such as yourself are able to taint an entire perception of a fan base that way...