SportsWrath

MADDOG GOT IT RIGHT

BadEgg

the dog agrees with the memory being of the pats undefeated season, and vick...outside of that, it is true that few will remember with much longing the other teams good seasons...the fact is, nobody was talking about the Saints surprise run after they were handled by the colts in week one...nobody was talking about the bears great season last year once this season was started (other then to ask what happened to a team that was in the SB and fell this hard...)...the giants are a perfect example. after there last SB run, the only people who discussed the highly overstated fassel guarentee were giant fans who when the team struggles, will call for everyone to cling to the hope of a great turn around a-la the fassel guarentee-lead giants team. other then that, there has been little if any talk ever since about that giant's team. nobody talks about their run to win the nfc east...or their dominance of the vikings...call it unfortunate...call unfair...call it a fact.

Ummmm, I've discussed the 2000 team numerous times, I haven't forgotten them. There's a difference between forgetting them and not discussing them on a day to day basis.

Ummmm, I've discussed the 2000 team numerous times, I haven't forgotten them. There's a difference between forgetting them and not discussing them on a day to day basis.

Exactly, I have spoken of them plenty of times w/ my Giant buddies. Its Giant fans who care about past games, who cares what the general public thinks of past games. Thats a cowboy fan. :rolleyes:

Smellyegg, the best glowing example of "ABSOLUTE AND COMPLETE FAILURE" is the performance of ROMO THE HOMO in the NFC East play-off game. I bet that keeps you awake at night :LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

Romo "THE HOMO"? What are you, 12?

Romo "THE HOMO"? What are you, 12?
Since your response is only about the name I called the qb of the Cowturds and you said nothing regarding my comment about his performance, that must mean that you totally agree with me. Finally, you admit that he chokes in big games.

Since your response is only about the name I called the qb of the Cowturds and you said nothing regarding my comment about his performance, that must mean that you totally agree with me. Finally, you admit that he chokes in big games.

Yeah......his chicken :P

No, for the moment, that's Jessica's job. :P

Ggirl, you can talk about JEssica, and his trip to Mexico. But if you do, thats unfair.......... :cwy: .thats her quaterback............................... :cwy: .thats her teammate............................... :cwy:

Sissy ass bitch T.O.

Ggirl, you can talk about JEssica, and his trip to Mexico. But if you do, thats unfair.......... :cwy: .thats her quaterback............................... :cwy: .thats her teammate............................... :cwy:

Sissy ass bitch T.O.

Come on, you know TO was really thinking (while crying)..."if that dumb motha focker stayed in the decompression chamber wit me, we woulda won that damn sonofabitchin' game".

WAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAA.

Exactly, I have spoken of them plenty of times w/ my Giant buddies. Its Giant fans who care about past games, who cares what the general public thinks of past games. Thats a cowboy fan. :rolleyes:

ok - but outside the circle of giant fans, does it really matter? the dog thinks we are looking at history. winning the super bowl solidifies a team's place...when was the last time anyone was talking about the great season the KC Chiefs and Oakland Raiders had even though they lost to the Packers in SB I and II?

ok - but outside the circle of giant fans, does it really matter? the dog thinks we are looking at history. winning the super bowl solidifies a team's place...when was the last time anyone was talking about the great season the KC Chiefs and Oakland Raiders had even though they lost to the Packers in SB I and II?

Do you hear anybody outside Tampa talking about the Bucs actually winning the Superbowl, or even the Ravens beating the Giants. There are people outside of New England who have no idea how many superbowls they've won. You keep bringing up the point that no one cares outside the actual team fans. Got news for you, there are a new generation of fans, people who were born in the 80's who have no idea who won superbowls in the 60's or 70's, or care for that matter. So a superbowl win solidifies nothing to them.

Do you hear anybody outside Tampa talking about the Bucs actually winning the Superbowl, or even the Ravens beating the Giants. There are people outside of New England who have no idea how many superbowls they've won. You keep bringing up the point that no one cares outside the actual team fans. Got news for you, there are a new generation of fans, people who were born in the 80's who have no idea who won superbowls in the 60's or 70's, or care for that matter. So a superbowl win solidifies nothing to them.

I can only see what dog says when he's quoted, so I'll answer to him too.

DUHH.....thats what I just said Einstien. We as Giant fans care, thats all that matters.

ALSO.....well said boo. ;)

I seriously doubt that true football fans, regardless of their age, have no idea and do not care who won the early Superbowls. But, if what you say is true, they certainly don't care about who won the NFC Championship games and, more importantly, who won league championships in the pre-superbowl era, lets say the 30s and 40s...

I seriously doubt that true football fans, regardless of their age, have no idea and do not care who won the early Superbowls. But, if what you say is true, they certainly don't care about who won the NFC Championship games and, more importantly, who won league championships in the pre-superbowl era, lets say the 30s and 40s...

You can become a true football fan at any age Bad Egg, and that does not require you to delve into history to justify your status. Teams like the Packers and Giants and Bears have been around for ages, to say you have to know about their past to be a true fan nowadays is silly.

Again Egg, have you heard much talk about the Bucs actually winning the Superbowl a few years back. People will remember when ESPN plays the yearbook in a few days.

You can become a true football fan at any age Bad Egg, and that does not require you to delve into history to justify your status. Teams like the Packers and Giants and Bears have been around for ages, to say you have to know about their past to be a true fan nowadays is silly.

Again Egg, have you heard much talk about the Bucs actually winning the Superbowl a few years back. People will remember when ESPN plays the yearbook in a few days.

Every year around this time when they re-run the past Superbowl highlights you will see the Bucs. That Bucs team is as important as any other Superbowl team, and more important than any team that has never won it. They are on the short list of Championship teams. And so long as Gruden is the coach, every year we will hear whether he is capable of delivering another championship. And he will get fired if he does not. Because that is what really matters.

I have better questions:

Does anyone talk about the Raiders AFC Championship win just before they got ripped by the Bucs? Is that game ever replayed? Do we remember the score? No. Why? Because no one cares...

Better yet:

Didn't it look like Bill Calahan had a bright future after that AFC Championship game?

Bottom line: You get to the Superbowl, you need to win it. Especially if you are going to make a spectacle out of yourself by wearing all black.

Every year around this time when they re-run the past Superbowl highlights you will see the Bucs. That Bucs team is as important as any other Superbowl team, and more important than any team that has never won it. They are on the short list of Championship teams. And so long as Gruden is the coach, every year we will hear whether he is capable of delivering another championship. And he will get fired if he does not. Because that is what really matters.

I have better questions:

Does anyone talk about the Raiders AFC Championship win just before they got ripped by the Bucs? Is that game ever replayed? Do we remember the score? No. Why? Because no one cares...

Better yet:

Didn't it look like Bill Calahan had a bright future after that AFC Championship game?

Bottom line: You get to the Superbowl, you need to win it. Especially if you are going to make a spectacle out of yourself by wearing all black.

Sounds like more crying to me. At least we got the chance to make that spectacle. Here, let me call the WHAmbulence for you............

Crybaby-1.jpg

The reason why a Giant loss would be remembered, is games are not alway remembered for the win but for the story.

More people know that in '86 Bill Buckner failed to field a ground ball than can name the Mets player that hit the ball.

The '85 Patriots secured a place in history not just by being destroyed by the Bears but by being the first team to go to the SB as a wild card team.

Ask anybody what team lost 4 consecutive SBs and they will tell you the Bills, ask them to name the teams that beat the Bills and many of those folks are stumped.

More people know who won the bronze medal in Hockey in 1980, than who won the silver.

Whether the Giants win or lose, every year once a team clinches a playoff spot and the sit or play them discussion starts we will see the highlight reels of the Giants last regular season game and post season run along with the Colt-Chargers game. The Giants have forever put themselves along with the Colts and Cowboys as a permanent part of the rest'em play'em discussion.

Dec 29th game will go down in history as the greatest meaningless game ever.

The reason why a Giant loss would be remembered, is games are not alway remembered for the win but for the story.

More people know that in '86 Bill Buckner failed to field a ground ball than can name the Mets player that hit the ball.

The '85 Patriots secured a place in history not just by being destroyed by the Bears but by being the first team to go to the SB as a wild card team.

Ask anybody what team lost 4 consecutive SBs and they will tell you the Bills, ask them to name the teams that beat the Bills and many of those folks are stumped.

More people know who won the bronze medal in Hockey in 1980, than who won the silver.

Whether the Giants win or lose, every year once a team clinches a playoff spot and the sit or play them discussion starts we will see the highlight reels of the Giants last regular season game and post season run along with the Colt-Chargers game. The Giants have forever put themselves along with the Colts and Cowboys as a permanent part of the rest'em play'em discussion.

Dec 29th game will go down in history as the greatest meaningless game ever.

Question:

Why did you put down you are a Red Sux fan, but not a Pats fan, under your name? Just curious.

Well put, and true, except for the meaningless. It will mean alot when we win. ;)

Question:

Why did you put down you are a Red Sux fan, but not a Pats fan, under your name? Just curious.

Well put, and true, except for the meaningless. It will mean alot when we win. ;)

In the drop down boxes don't list every team. Red Sox is listed for baseball. Football the only choices are: Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, Dolphins, Jets, Eagles, Ravens.

And no matter which team wins the SB, Dec 29th will still be the greatest meaningless game ever played. It did not effect any teams standings.

I have better questions:

Better yet:

You say they are important because they won the superbowl, but you're original point was the Maddog claims no-one remembers the team winning the NFC title in 5 years. My point was the the Bucs winning the superbowl itself is pretty much a forgotten deal in the grand scheme of things also. Same with the Ravens. You don't need to bring up the Raiders here Egg, we get it nobody remembers the afc/nfc champs, unless they're named the Dallas Cowboys right?

And Egg, c'mon, again you're reaching. Who gives a shit if the Giants arrive in black suits? That's pathetic.

In the drop down boxes don't list every team. Red Sox is listed for baseball. Football the only choices are: Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, Dolphins, Jets, Eagles, Ravens.

And no matter which team wins the SB, Dec 29th will still be the greatest meaningless game ever played. It did not effect any teams standings.

OOPS, I didnt catch that date the first time. Even though it was right there in bold print :rolleyes:

I was talking about the SB.

You say they are important because they won the superbowl, but you're original point was the Maddog claims no-one remembers the team winning the NFC title in 5 years. My point was the the Bucs winning the superbowl itself is pretty much a forgotten deal in the grand scheme of things also. Same with the Ravens. You don't need to bring up the Raiders here Egg, we get it nobody remembers the afc/nfc champs, unless they're named the Dallas Cowboys right?

And Egg, c'mon, again you're reaching. Who gives a shit if the Giants arrive in black suits? That's pathetic.

Listen, I hold the Cowboys to the same standard and don't put much stock in their NFC Championships, or NFC East titles. I don't know how many East titles they have won off the top of my head, and really don't care.

As far as the black suits go, I don't like it. You have to admit, the Giants have been somewhat yappy and visible this past week. The black suits add to that.

Moreover, why must they show team unity to the world? They have won a number of games that most believed they couldn't win, and maybe they should not have won. And I think you could legitimately question the experience and the talent on the Giants roster at some spots, especially compared to the Pats.

But not even I can question their team unity. If you look at everything the Giants have been through this season, they certainly have team unity and the coaches and players deserve credit for this. No knowedgable football fan would question that. Perhaps more unity than any team in recent memory, aside from the Pats.

So why make a spectacle of it? Why, once again, put yourself in the spotlight, especially when the Pats have been so quiet? Why must they say "look everybody we have unity on the airplane!"?

The Giants have every right to be happy, but I prefer the buisness approach that the Pats are taking. And I am not trying to be antagonistic when I say what I am about to say, but I would be a little worried as a Giants fan. The Pats are a very focused team, and have already taken the Giants best shot. They will be ready and, while I think the Giants could give them a run, I also think that this game could get very ugly very early.

Listen, I hold the Cowboys to the same standard and don't put much stock in their NFC Championships, or NFC East titles. I don't know how many East titles they have won off the top of my head, and really don't care.

As far as the black suits go, I don't like it. You have to admit, the Giants have been somewhat yappy and visible this past week. The black suits add to that.

Moreover, why must they show team unity to the world? They have won a number of games that most believed they couldn't win, and maybe they should not have won. And I think you could legitimately question the experience and the talent on the Giants roster at some spots, especially compared to the Pats.

But not even I can question their team unity. If you look at everything the Giants have been through this season, they certainly have team unity and the coaches and players deserve credit for this. No knowedgable football fan would question that. Perhaps more unity than any team in recent memory, aside from the Pats.

So why make a spectacle of it? Why, once again, put yourself in the spotlight, especially when the Pats have been so quiet? Why must they say "look everybody we have unity on the airplane!"?

The Giants have every right to be happy, but I prefer the buisness approach that the Pats are taking. And I am not trying to be antagonistic when I say what I am about to say, but I would be a little worried as a Giants fan. The Pats are a very focused team, and have already taken the Giants best shot. They will be ready and, while I think the Giants could give them a run, I also think that this game could get very ugly very early.

This kid is really trying to find something wrong with the Giant's eh?

It's starting to get borderline pathetic.

The Giants are not the Patriots and the worst thing they can do is to try to emulate them or change who they are to show the media that they are 'just as focused.' The Giants need to stay loose and remain comfortable in their own skin. If that means wearing black suits or spiderman costumes for that matter- so be it.

I have resisted but I can't anymore.

The time between the Conference Championship games and the SB are a spectacle. Someone farts and it makes the news. For you to say that The Giants and not the media are making a spectacle of anything is just plain ignorant and asinine. All you are doing is trying to piss people off. So, fuck off BadEgg. I'm done reading your bullshit.