SportsWrath

MADDOG GOT IT RIGHT

BadEgg

Why does it iritate you Giants fans so much that there is a large percentage of fans, possibly even a majority, that would say that winning the Superbowl is what counts? No one is bashing the Giants, and people would probably feel this way if it was the Bears vs. Pats...

Maddog is right, more so this year than any other. Face it. If the Giants lose this game, most of the football world will not even remember it was the Giants that played in it. This season will always be known as the season the Pats went undefeated. It will be all Pats as it should be...

I think you people know this to be true, and that's why you are so upset. I would also bet that you would feel differently if the Giants were playing SanDiego. In that case, since the Giant fan base would feel as though the Giants could beat SanDiego, the Superbowl would be the biggest game in 19 years.

What irks you people is that the Giants are playing in a Superbowl that they probably can't and should not win. As a result, the NFC Championship is now the most significant Championship in all of sports... :o

Sounds good. But the truth is, in 5 years...you know the story...

Replace the word Giants with Cowboys and tell me that you wouldn't be happy you're team is in the superbowl, that you wouldn't be happy to be NFC champions and that you wouldn't be hoping you're team could defeat the amazing Pats.

But fact is we're in and you're out and the fact that you are reaching for a point like this makes you worse than the desperate Giant fan with a desperate dream that you are trying to portray us to be. Some of us who congratulated you when you beat us this year and admitted you were the better team.

Any team, whose fan base literally blames a hot blond for the demise of their team down the stretch, should never ever call another fan base dellusional in any way, especially Cowboy fans who only show up when the team is successful and are forever looking to blame someone else for their misfortunes.

Replace the word Giants with Cowboys and tell me that you wouldn't be happy you're team is in the superbowl, that you wouldn't be happy to be NFC champions and that you wouldn't be hoping you're team could defeat the amazing Pats.

But fact is we're in and you're out and the fact that you are reaching for a point like this makes you worse than the desperate Giant fan with a desperate dream that you are trying to portray us to be. Some of us who congratulated you when you beat us this year and admitted you were the better team.

Any team, whose fan base literally blames a hot blond for the demise of their team down the stretch, should never ever call another fan base dellusional in any way, especially Cowboy fans who only show up when the team is successful and are forever looking to blame someone else for their misfortunes.

I'm not saying that the Giants fans should not be happy that the Giants are in the Superbowl. And I do not blame the Cowboys demise on anyone but the Cowboys. I am just merely agreeing with a very good point made by the Maddog...

5 YEARS FROM NOW NOBODY WILL BE ASKING THE GIANTS TO SHOW THEM THEIR NFC CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS... :o

The Giants are acting like they achieved something, yet there is still one game to be played! :clap:

Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?

I'm not sure about 5 years from now, but right now, everybody is talking Giants v Patriots.

What's the latest from Dallas - lose another assistant? Romo and Jessica on the rocks?....sounds like Good Times in Big D, baby.

bwahahahaahahahahaha!

I'm not sure about 5 years from now, but right now, everybody is talking Giants v Patriots.

What's the latest from Dallas - lose another assistant? Romo and Jessica on the rocks?....sounds like Good Times in Big D, baby.

bwahahahaahahahahaha!

LOL

This guy is digging for shit to say. Because if you think about it, whos really talking about the boys SB wins in the 90's? this guys tryin to make us believe that SB losers in the past are forgotten. But not alot of the winners are still being talked about everyday today. Thats why its the PAST.

I'm not saying that the Giants fans should not be happy that the Giants are in the Superbowl. And I do not blame the Cowboys demise on anyone but the Cowboys. I am just merely agreeing with a very good point made by the Maddog...

You fail to realize one thing, that win or lose, this team will be remembered by GIANT FANS.

It doesn't matter if Frank in Minnesota doesn't remember these Giants, they have given us Giant fans many memorable moments already and I'm sure all of us here will always have a place in our sports heart for them no matter what happens on Sunday.

And let's just say the Giants win, are you telling me no one will remember the team that went 18-1, losing their only game in the Super Bowl?

Although nobody ever is happy with their team losing, I think it would be fair to say that walking away from this season the NFC Champions would not be nearly the disappointment to Giants fans as it would be for Patriot fans to have their team go 18-1. And ultimately the season would be viewed as a huge success.

I know in both '85 and '96 I proudly sported an AFC Championship T-shirt, the following season. If the Patriots lose this year I will not wear an AFC Championship shirt.

'85 it was just a miracle we go there. And I saw '96 and Bill Parcells as the beginning of something great.

I suspect a lot more Giants fans would sport an NFC Championship to Giant stadium next year if the Giants lose next week, then Patriot fans would sport AFC championship gear if the Patriots don't finish what they started.

It is all about expectations. The Diamondbacks didn't have a disappointing season last year, the Yankees did.

If the Patriots lose it will go down as the biggest choke in history. If the Giants lose there won't be any stigmitism.

If the Giants lose now they will still have achieved more than anybody though possible at the beginning of the season, the mid point of the season, the start of the playoffs, before the Dallas game or even before the Green bay game.

If they Giants lose they become the 72' Skins.....nobody will remember in 5 years - you're right egg.

But what will be remembered....and brought up every time a number 1 seed plays a wild card team in the divisional playoff game is how the 07' Cowboys choked away a 13-3 season and home field advantage.

You can take that to the bank. They will be held up as an example of what not to do every playoff season....sort of like the 06 Chargers.

The legacy of success can be fleeting....but absolute and complete failure is always remembered.

C. Wagon

If they Giants lose they become the 72' Skins.....nobody will remember in 5 years - you're right egg.

But what will be remembered....and brought up every time a number 1 seed plays a wild card team in the divisional playoff game is how the 07' Cowboys choked away a 13-3 season and home field advantage.

You can take that to the bank. They will be held up as an example of what not to do every playoff season....sort of like the 06 Chargers.

The legacy of success can be fleeting....but absolute and complete failure is always remembered.

C. Wagon

:clap::clap:

:worshippy:

You can take that to the bank. They will be held up as an example of what not to do every playoff season....sort of like the 06 Chargers. The legacy of success can be fleeting....but absolute and complete failure is always remembered.

C. Wagon

I seriously doubt that. But, if that's what helps you sleep at night so be it. The Cowboys -- everyone's Superbowl -- even in the divisional playoffs...

As far as the 06 Chargers go, I rarely see anyone talking about them. In fact, when speaking of the Chargers, most seem to be focused on the run they made this year, with three of their offensive stars injured...

Here is further proof that your statement "absolute and complete failure is remembered" is a false statement: No Giants fan, or any media outlet for that matter, seems to be talking anymore about Eli's performance against the Panthers in his first playoff game, or even his performance against the Vikings this past season. If those games are not glowing examples of "absolute and complete failure" nothing is...

Don't forget to wear your NFC Championship T-shirt to the Dallas game next season... :lol:

Oh BadLegg, spins his attempt for attention like a little kid begging for attention through ill-behavior.

It's not his fault, he's a Cowboys fan so whining is in his DNA.

Get over the loss already pal, it's like those boys who wear too much in the way of piercing, tatoos, and black attire to get back at their parents. You try and incense the crowd with instigation because you're angry about your team's demise.

If I were you, I'd worry about the infrastructure of my own team and what does a team like yours do with aging and damaged players and a coaching staff that left town in large part.

The clock is ticking on T.O. and so you better get your retirement popcorn ready, the years are few and with us and the Eagles, I think it's back to the cellar for the Boys.

whatever we do next week is the culmination of being better than you when it counts and very likely the building of something strong.

Think of it this way though, if we do win, Strahan and Feagles will retire, so you won't have to face those two anymore.

Almost makes you root for the good guys, doesn't it? Of course it does.

I seriously doubt that. But, if that's what helps you sleep at night so be it. The Cowboys -- everyone's Superbowl -- even in the divisional playoffs...

As far as the 06 Chargers go, I rarely see anyone talking about them. In fact, when speaking of the Chargers, most seem to be focused on the run they made this year, with three of their offensive stars injured...

Here is further proof that your statement "absolute and complete failure is remembered" is a false statement: No Giants fan, or any media outlet for that matter, seems to be talking anymore about Eli's performance against the Panthers in his first playoff game, or even his performance against the Vikings this past season. If those games are not glowing examples of "absolute and complete failure" nothing is...

Don't forget to wear your NFC Championship T-shirt to the Dallas game next season... :lol:

If you say so....but I haven't heard a story in close to three weeks which referenced to the Boys which didn't contain the phrase "After a second first round playoff defeat in as many years" or "....haven't won a playoff game in ten years."

If the G-Men lose 07' will be remembered thusly in future years.....Pats perfect, the G-mans run, Cowboys collapse and Vick,

You can put a smiley face on their most recent failure is you choose....but a dead dog with a smile on its face, is still a dead dog - egg.

It's ok...if I were reduced to only being able to say "Wait til' next year" ...I'd probably use that too. But if I was coming off a 10 year prick tease like most cowboy fans are....I might might hold off until at least bagging a first round win in 08'.

C. Wagon

Smellyegg, the best glowing example of "ABSOLUTE AND COMPLETE FAILURE" is the performance of ROMO THE HOMO in the NFC East play-off game. I bet that keeps you awake at night :LMAO::LMAO::LMAO:

If the Giants lose this Sunday, they will be spoken about positively and the Cowboys and Colts will be dissed every year at week 17 when the question of do you rest or play your starters comes up for a team that has clinched.

If nothing else that is the legacy of the Giants, Colts and Cowboys is rest = rust.

GreyHoodie speak the truth. We're not going to be seen as blowing anything; we're not supposed to be here...remember!

We're lucky to have beaten anyone...remember. We're winners by just getting here, but that's for the press. Having only lost to the Pats by 3, well we're going to be playing to win and our chances are better than predicted.

I expect that a lot of people will look at us differently after this run and maybe even a win.

If you say so....but I haven't heard a story in close to three weeks which referenced to the Boys which didn't contain the phrase "After a second first round playoff defeat in as many years" or "....haven't won a playoff game in ten years."

If the G-Men lose 07' will be remembered thusly in future years.....Pats perfect, the G-mans run, Cowboys collapse and Vick,

You can put a smiley face on their most recent failure is you choose....but a dead dog with a smile on its face, is still a dead dog - egg.

It's ok...if I were reduced to only being able to say "Wait til' next year" ...I'd probably use that too. But if I was coming off a 10 year prick tease like most cowboy fans are....I might might hold off until at least bagging a first round win in 08'.

C. Wagon

the dog agrees with the memory being of the pats undefeated season, and vick...outside of that, it is true that few will remember with much longing the other teams good seasons...the fact is, nobody was talking about the Saints surprise run after they were handled by the colts in week one...nobody was talking about the bears great season last year once this season was started (other then to ask what happened to a team that was in the SB and fell this hard...)...the giants are a perfect example. after there last SB run, the only people who discussed the highly overstated fassel guarentee were giant fans who when the team struggles, will call for everyone to cling to the hope of a great turn around a-la the fassel guarentee-lead giants team. other then that, there has been little if any talk ever since about that giant's team. nobody talks about their run to win the nfc east...or their dominance of the vikings...call it unfortunate...call unfair...call it a fact.