SportsWrath

Situational.

Virginia Giant

Its 4th and 4 on the Pats 15. Late 1st quarter, second quarter. Tie game You know the Pats can score, I think you can safely/easily predict they will score 24 points. Knowing they are capable of scoring on one play, do you go for the first down, try to get a TD, and risk the "sure" 3 points? Or do you play it safe and make sure you come away with points in the red zone?

I agree with all of you in that normally you take the three, but the Pats are a team that can seemingly score at will. I'm with you on the take the 3, but at what point in the game/what situation do you go for it? They are 18-0, and we saw where "taking the 3" got San Diego. Maybe in that situation you say fuck it and go for it, if you fail you've given them 75 yard field to work with, maybe early in the game you try your luck. You get the first and ultimately score and you've set a tone and got the whole team pumped. Of course if you fail you could deflate your team. I think its a lot tougher decision than ya'll imply.

I agree with all of you in that normally you take the three, but the Pats are a team that can seemingly score at will. I'm with you on the take the 3, but at what point in the game/what situation do you go for it? They are 18-0, and we saw where "taking the 3" got San Diego. Maybe in that situation you say fuck it and go for it, if you fail you've given them 75 yard field to work with, maybe early in the game you try your luck. You get the first and ultimately score and you've set a tone and got the whole team pumped. Of course if you fail you could deflate your team. I think its a lot tougher decision than ya'll imply.

No matter if you make it or not, you're letting your defense know you have no faith in them. Assuming we're not getting blown out, that's a mistake.

score every point you can when you can. leave nothing on the field in the first half. Maybe if its at the 10 or less with only 1/2 yard to get, then you go for it.

I say normally you'd take the 3, esp. that early. But if the D is playing the way they have been, and it shows early on, it wouldnt be a bad idea to go for it.

If we are talking 4th and one, I'd agree. But 4 is to much, gotta take the 3.

If we are talking 4th and one, I'd agree. But 4 is to much, gotta take the 3.

Back when we first got Jacobs, I thought I'd be using his name here..........but,

Its not too much now that we have BRADSHAW. ( No offense to the big guy, I just like the way Ahmad makes it through the tiniest crevices.)

Three TDs out of 12 possessions is not scoring at will. The 4 FG had the Chargers within in 2 going into the 4 quarter.

But the SB will be a higher scoring game for both sides.

I say normally you'd take the 3, esp. that early. But if the D is playing the way they have been, and it shows early on, it wouldnt be a bad idea to go for it.

But you're telling the D that you don't expect them to be able to keep the Pats out of the end zone if you go for it...

But you're telling the D that you don't expect them to be able to keep the Pats out of the end zone if you go for it...

True, but it could also be the opposite, telling your O they aint got what it takes to punch it in. Scoring as much as you can every time you get in the Red Zone is so important, I'd go for it. Probabaly no more than 4 yds, though. And with the weapons we have, I like our chances.

Three TDs out of 12 possessions is not scoring at will. The 4 FG had the Chargers within in 2 going into the 4 quarter.

Thats true, but 18-0 says a lot. It seems, even in our game, that when the Pats need to put 7 on the board, they get it done. I just hope we can manage to keep Brady moving in the pocket.

Agreed, it's going to feel like summer for our offenses. Should be close, since we're hitting on close to all cylinders and your offense has been a little out of sync lately. Well, at least for your team. Besides, I think Bill is trying to have a high turnover in your fan base, since all your recent Superbowls have been 3 pt wins. So take your garlic capsule: I'm taking mine. :)

It's the Superbowl....the Superbowl, damnit. The last game of the season for everyone. I say go for it, and show those fuckers we mean bitness. Of course, I live in Vegas where just crossing the street is a gamble on a daily basis, so WTF do I know.