SportsWrath

The Giants MUST beat the Packers next week

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

I will absolutley remember this one . I remember ALL of our meaningful games. Ive heard it be said here numerous times, no one will remember these playoff games, they only remember the SB. Which is true. We hold a special place in our hearts for all types of meaningful NFC east games. We dont just hoot and holler when we win the SB, we support our team through the whole process.

FIXED!!!

Like Borat says...."NIICE!!"

How can you possibly, by any stretch of the imagination, be happy beating Dallas and then going home in Greenbay. Regardless of who is on the Giants roster.

It's easy.

Because we hate Dallas that fucking much.

And hey... how did you end up off my ignore list? Gonna have to go fix that...

Yo First, can I answer this one? I hope its what you're thinkin too.

Egg,

We will absolutley remember this one . And this is exactly why Giant fans are better than the rest, esp Cowgirl fans. We remember ALL of our meaningful games, no matter how meaningful. Ive heard it be said here numerous times, no one will remember these playoff games, they only remember the SB. Well, thats what seperates us from the rest. We hold a special place in our heart for all types of meaningful games. We dont just hoot and holler when we win the SB, we support our team through the whole process. It doesnt really surprise me that you feel this way though, it describes a cowgirl fan to a tee. You only open your mouth when its conveinient, and then try to make excuses when you lose. This game was special, and if you cant see that, then your are earning your title as a BANDWAGON FAN.

if you would, the dog (with no hidden agenda) would be curious to see the list of meaningful games that you hold dear to your heart...again, no agenda, just curious...

if you would, the dog (with no hidden agenda) would be curious to see the list of meaningful games that you hold dear to your heart...again, no agenda, just curious...

TOP 5:

1. 1987 SB XXI- GIANTS 39, Denver Broncos 20

Most memorable ever. Secured a place in my heart for the Gmen for eternity. I was 16 yrs old, very impressionable and a HUGE LT fan. Till that point, most of my knowledge and memories came from Uncles, etc (dad was always more of a college fan) But I was a young man then, and Simms' performance and that D, not to mention Bavaro hooked me for life.

2. 1991 SB XXV- GIANTS 20, Buffalo Bills 19

At the ripe young age of 20, I was witnessing our 2nd SB in 4 yrs. The NFC had been dominating the SB for years now, and we had some great games with the 49ers/Bears the past few seasons. This SB, was one of the best games I had seen in a while. Not a Giants whooped ass kinda great game, but purely a good football game. I won so much momey on that game, everyone had the Bills. I still remember jumping out of my seat and throwing my hands in the air when that kick missed.

3.1987 Jan 11th NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GIANTS 17 REDSKINS 0

Blanking the Redskins, a division rival, in this big a game....need I say more??

4. 1987 Jan 4th NFC Playoff game GIANTS 49 49ers 3

This game was remarkable! Handling the powerful 49ers who just the previous yr we had a little more difficulty with was so sweet!

5. 2008 Jan 13th NFC DIVISONAL PLAYOFF GAME GIANTS 21 Cowboys 17

This game is huge for many reasons. Not only is it a divisional game against my MOST HATED rival, but it is such a historic game. No other #1 seed has lost that game. We were taken for granted, and we overcame so much to be where were at, Im so proud of what they have done to this point, beating Dallas was just that much sweeter. Esp. livin here in AZ, I think that has a lot to do with why I hate Dallas more than the other rivals, its pathetic here.

This was a hard list to make, because there are a few others that were nearly as special, but I wanted to keep this list at 5.

TOP 5:

Most memorable ever. Secured a place in my heart for the Gmen for eternity. I was 16 yrs old, very impressionable and a HUGE LT fan. Till that point, most of my knowledge and memories came from Uncles, etc (dad was always more of a college fan) But I was a young man then, and Simms' performance and that D, not to mention Bavaro hooked me for life.

At the ripe young age of 20, I was witnessing our 2nd SB in 4 yrs. The NFC had been dominating the SB for years now, and we had some great games with the 49ers/Bears the past few seasons. This SB, was one of the best games I had seen in a while. Not a Giants whooped ass kinda great game, but purely a good football game. I won so much momey on that game, everyone had the Bills. I still remember jumping out of my seat and throwing my hands in the air when that kick missed.

Blanking the Redskins, a division rival, in this big a game....need I say more??

This game was remarkable! Handling the powerful 49ers who just the previous yr we had a little more difficulty with was so sweet!

This game is huge for many reasons. Not only is it a divisional game against my MOST HATED rival, but it is such a historic game. No other #1 seed has lost that game. We were taken for granted, and we overcame so much to be where were at, Im so proud of what they have done to this point, beating Dallas was just that much sweeter. Esp. livin here in AZ, I think that has a lot to do with why I hate Dallas more than the other rivals, its pathetic here.

This was a hard list to make, because there are a few others that were nearly as special, but I wanted to keep this list at 5.

thank you...it's just that, the dog would prefer to see the entire list, but no worries...

TOP 5:

If all of those "championships" that the Giants won in the pre-superbowl era are so important, how can a 2008 divisional game over a Cowboys team that has not won a playoff game this decade be no. 5 on your list.

The 1930s' Giants are rolling over in their graves right now after many tough victories over the Eskimos.

I think you may be a bandwagon fan Bigblue. Dissing the early "championship" years and not knowing who Keith Elias is...The evidence is mounting...

thank you...it's just that, the dog would prefer to see the entire list, but no worries...

Cont.....

6. Jan 7th 2001 NFC DIVISIONAL Playoff GIANTS 20 Philly 10

This game was great from the beginning when Ron Dixon returned a kickoff early for a TD. I knew at that moment we had something special as far as makin it to the SB. Dont mention what happened when we got there. <_< Beating a rival anytime, esp in the playoffs, is extra seewt.

7. Jan 14th 2001 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GIANTS 41 Vikings 0

Yes I rank this game behind #6 even though this got us to the big dance, mainly because we beat a div rival in that one, thats sweeter to me. But this game HAS to be in a Giant fans top ten. What a remarkable showing on both sides of the ball, and against the high powered 15-1 Vikings, GREAT game.

8. Dec 27th 1982 NFC Playoffs GIANTS 27 Eagles 21

This is one of my earliest memories of Giant games, and the victory came against a hated div rival.I was 11, and I still remember my uncle, after drinking so much beer, peeing his pants from celebrating too much. At least thats what he told me.

9. Jan 13 1991 NFC Playoff game GIANTS 31 Bears 3

Another dominating performance against a team that we had some trouble with a few yrs earlier, and enroute to our 2nd SB.

10. Jan 20th 1991 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GIANTS 15 SF 13

What a game! Came down to the wire and earned us our 2nd SB trip, where we eventually got that 2nd Lombardi trophy.

There, those are my top 10. With the reg season finale back in 2002 against Philly in OT a close 11th, that was great game and Shockeys rookie yr. Remember his memorable grab over Dawkins?

got to admire the resiliency of eggdog. i mean he's taking body blows left and right on this board and still keeps getting up.

reminds me of that youtube clip of that tickle me elmo doll that was set on fire but still kept maniacally dancing and laughing.

If all of those "championships" that the Giants won in the pre-superbowl era are so important, how can a 2008 divisional game over a Cowboys team that has not won a playoff game this decade be no. 5 on your list.

The 1930s' Giants are rolling over in their graves right now after many tough victories over the Eskimos.

I think you may be a bandwagon fan Bigblue. Dissing the early "championship" years and not knowing who Keith Elias is...The evidence is mounting...

I KNEW who he was, I just had his position wrong.

I wanted to keep the memories more recent, seeing as I WASNT BORN BACK THEN. :rolleyes:

got to admire the resiliency of eggdog. i mean he's taking body blows left and right on this board and still keeps getting up.

reminds me of that youtube clip of that tickle me elmo doll that was set on fire but still kept maniacally dancing and laughing.

And somehow the Giants beating the Cowboys wasn't a big game.

Although I'm sure if the Cowboys beat the Giants it would have been

a "huge" game.

Egg is nothing but a novelty act, a T shirt you buy down in Wildwood New Jersey.

And somehow the Giants beating the Cowboys wasn't a big game.

Although I'm sure if the Cowboys beat the Giants it would have been

a "huge" game.

Egg is nothing but a novelty act, a T shirt you buy down in Wildwood New Jersey.

No. It would have been another victory against a team that had already beaten twice this season.

But the Packers game would have been huge.

No. It would have been another victory against a team that had already beaten twice this season.

Hey man, good luck next week against the Packers.

It should be awesome watching Romo and Favre shoot it out in Dallas.

.....what?......

:o

Oops. Never mind.

A game that would have saved you the embarrasement of being the first #1 seed beaten in the Dvisional round against a hated div. rival wouldnt be huge? :huh:

I don't know, Jay D. That a pretty tough distinction. The Cowboys were 13-3 and the number 1 seed, but there was not that much that really separated the Giants from being in that position. Two games that went down to the fourt quarter and maybe two or three plays.

Also, how is in that if the Giants had went 13-3 and won the division, you would expect to be the Pats in the Superbowl?

Honestly, being the wild card only requires you to win 1 more playoff game, and entire world seems to think the Giants play better on the road anyway. Now you have beaten the 13-3 team. Why should you be happy with anything less than a Superbowl victory?

LOL still trying to diminish this season for the giants?

You can't understand eggy, your team was a lock for the playoffs and destined for the superbowl.

You failed.

Our team was destined for the nfc east cellar, you should know as you posted it here many times.

We overachieved.

You just said two days before the ny-dal game that you understand how we consider this season a success, so do you understand or do you not?

Do we want to win the superbowl? Ofcourse, don't even pretend to be that stupid.

LOL still trying to diminish this season for the giants?

You can't understand eggy, your team was a lock for the playoffs and destined for the superbowl.

You failed.

Our team was destined for the nfc east cellar, you should know as you posted it here many times.

We overachieved.

You just said two days before the ny-dal game that you understand how we consider this season a success, so do you understand or do you not?

Do we want to win the superbowl? Ofcourse, don't even pretend to be that stupid.

I think that comes natural to him.