SportsWrath

The Giants MUST beat the Packers next week

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

VG, then tell the team that every player will have broken legs by Tuesday if they lose on Sunday. that'll give them extra incentive.

or, better yet, give them the speech Will Munny gave at the end of Unforgiven..... I'll come and kill you, I'll kill your family, and burn down your house..... etc.

though, I think that'd be a little strong and would ruin our chances for next year.

Im going to get slammed for this, but does anyone really want to meet Brady in the superbowl? Im having serious doubts about that. Id way rather have a hard fought loss to GB, then to get our asses handed to us in the superbowl again.

But dont get me wrong, im pulling to win the whole damn thing. Strahan and Toomer deserve it as much as anyone in this league, including Bret Farve. But if not for them 2 I wouldnt want anything to do with the super bowl this year.

Im going to get slammed for this, but does anyone really want to meet Brady in the superbowl? Im having serious doubts about that. Id way rather have a hard fought loss to GB, then to get our asses handed to us in the superbowl again.

But dont get me wrong, im pulling to win the whole damn thing. Strahan and Toomer deserve it as much as anyone in this league, including Bret Farve. But if not for them 2 I wouldnt want anything to do with the super bowl this year.

Wow. Two things come to mind when I read this post:

1) I have to take my hat off to you for (1) acknowledging the Ravens game. I think you have to, but most Giants fans wouldn't do it and (2) acknowledging that, despite the inspired performance on the last game of the year, that they will probably get their "asses handed" to them in Arizona.

2) Despite all that, don't you want to see the Giants try and make history?

See Giants fans. This is what I mean. Dallas is everyone's mini-superbowl. They should just officially acknowledge it and make a mini-Superbowl trophy.

How can you possibly, by any stretch of the imagination, be happy beating Dallas and then going home in Greenbay. Regardless of who is on the Giants roster.

1) I have to take my hat off to you for (1) acknowledging the Ravens game. I think you have to, but most Giants fans wouldn't do it and (2) acknowledging that, despite the inspired performance on the last game of the year, that they will probably get their "asses handed" to them in Arizona.

See Giants fans. This is what I mean. Dallas is everyone's mini-superbowl. They should just officially acknowledge it and make a mini-Superbowl trophy.

How can you possibly, by any stretch of the imagination, be happy beating Dallas and then going home in Greenbay. Regardless of who is on the Giants roster.

Try as you might eggy, you arent going to make us look bad. We all want the Lombardi trophy, make no mistake. We just would not be teribly dissapointed if we lose to GB because we've already accomplished what no one thought we could. But we want the whole kit n kaboodle, dont get it twisted.

not for nothing, but the dog has a real issue with you declaring yourself such an avid fan, and jabbing at the dog for not declaring a team on this board, and then turning around and saying you don't want your team in the Super Bowl if it means facing Tom Brady...

despite what everyone thinks, in three weeks, no one will care who beat who in the playoffs...super bowls are what matters...if you are a fan, you want the super bowl, you want Brady and you don't want to settle for a loss in the championship game so that you don't have to go to the super bowl if the mean old patriots are there...that is weak, and despite the fact that this is your self-proclaimed house, the dog is now done engaging with you...weak...weak....weak...

not for nothing, but the dog has a real issue with you declaring yourself such an avid fan, and jabbing at the dog for not declaring a team on this board, and then turning around and saying you don't want your team in the Super Bowl if it means facing Tom Brady...

despite what everyone thinks, in three weeks, no one will care who beat who in the playoffs...super bowls are what matters...if you are a fan, you want the super bowl, you want Brady and you don't want to settle for a loss in the championship game so that you don't have to go to the super bowl if the mean old patriots are there...that is weak, and despite the fact that this is your self-proclaimed house, the dog is now done engaging with you...weak...weak....weak...

Well JayD doesnt give a rats ass what you have issues with. Chew on that for awhile "dog"

How can I be happy??? Egg we did a 1000 times more than anyone expected us too. Including many fans on this very MB. We took the hopes and dreams of a division rival that beat us twice this year. We are not supossed to be here egg, and anything from here is just butter. Now if we were 13-3, won the division and first seed, I wouldnt be happy at all, and would expect nothing less than a super bowl victory, but thats not the case. I want to win the super bowl, for Mike and Toomer.

How can I be happy??? Egg we did a 1000 times more than anyone expected us too. Including many fans on this very MB. We took the hopes and dreams of a division rival that beat us twice this year. We are not supossed to be here egg, and anything from here is just butter. Now if we were 13-3, won the division and first seed, I wouldnt be happy at all, and would expect nothing less than a super bowl victory, but thats not the case. I want to win the super bowl, for Mike and Toomer.

I don't know, Jay D. That a pretty tough distinction. The Cowboys were 13-3 and the number 1 seed, but there was not that much that really separated the Giants from being in that position. Two games that went down to the fourt quarter and maybe two or three plays.

Also, how is in that if the Giants had went 13-3 and won the division, you would expect to be the Pats in the Superbowl?

Honestly, being the wild card only requires you to win 1 more playoff game, and entire world seems to think the Giants play better on the road anyway. Now you have beaten the 13-3 team. Why should you be happy with anything less than a Superbowl victory?

Sounds like Dallas is Sadeggs own personal Superbowl.

i would never have guessed we would be in the position we are in now. For me, knocking the #1 seed out in their stadium cannot be detracted from. In NFL standards in a monumental accomplishment.

It's not the Superbowl or the NFCC but it's up their.

Sounds like Dallas is Sadeggs own personal Superbowl.

i would never have guessed we would be in the position we are in now. For me, knocking the #1 seed out in their stadium cannot be detracted from. In NFL standards in a monumental accomplishment.

It's not the Superbowl or the NFCC but it's up their.

It's up there if the Giants take advantage of it. If the Giants win it this year, or use it as a stepping stone to win it next year, then maybe its significant.

But answer this: Let's say the Giants don't win the Superbowl in the next 10 years. You are not honestly going to be still talking about or referencing in any way a 21-17 first round playoff game in Texas Stadium in 2008?

Please, tell me this game was not that meaningful to you?

I don't know, Jay D. That a pretty tough distinction. The Cowboys were 13-3 and the number 1 seed, but there was not that much that really separated the Giants from being in that position. Two games that went down to the fourt quarter and maybe two or three plays.

Also, how is in that if the Giants had went 13-3 and won the division, you would expect to be the Pats in the Superbowl?

Honestly, being the wild card only requires you to win 1 more playoff game, and entire world seems to think the Giants play better on the road anyway. Now you have beaten the 13-3 team. Why should you be happy with anything less than a Superbowl victory?

Well first off, you had the division and first seed 2 weeks before it was over, so you had plenty of time to rest and get ready, then you get ANOTHER week off watch the wild card teams kill each other. There is a reason 99% of the time the wild card never gets to the show. For you to just blow off that we had to play one more game than you is rediculas.

It's up there if the Giants take advantage of it. If the Giants win it this year, or use it as a stepping stone to win it next year, then maybe its significant.

But answer this: Let's say the Giants don't win the Superbowl in the next 10 years. You are not honestly going to be still talking about or referencing in any way a 21-17 first round playoff game in Texas Stadium in 2008?

Of course it was that meaningful. It would be to you had the situation been reversed. And you damn well know it.

Well first off, you had the division and first seed 2 weeks before it was over, so you had plenty of time to rest and get ready, then you get ANOTHER week off watch the wild card teams kill each other. There is a reason 99% of the time the wild card never gets to the show. For you to just blow off that we had to play one more game than you is rediculas.

Well, it's not a good day for the Cowboys, there is no denying that. But is it really that great a day in Giants history?

Compare it to the Redsox world series win. The one in which the Yankees collapsed.

That was the worst day for Yankees fans. But I don't know if it would have meant so much to Boston had they followed that up by getting swept in the World Series. Sure, the Sox fans would have never let the Yankees fans forget it, but the best team in the league would have been another team. And, in the end, I think it could have been turned against the Sox as they would have lost another big game, or "choked" in the WS.

But the Sox won the series and shut everyone up. No one can say anything negative about how that Boston team played that post season.

Win the Big Game and shut everyone up. Instant respect. It works everytime.

Firstnten?

I dont care if anyone has negitive things to say about the Giants, chances are there team is home right now. All I wanted outta this season was to go to the playoffs and win a game or 2. Considering everyone had us at the bottom of the east, that alone was a hugh victory. But to beat the first seed boys doing it? Fan freakin tastic. I will always remember that game.

LMAO!!!!

It's 1-15-08 not 1-15-2018.

I don't reference past superbowls or NFL championships unless other fans do it first. those points have nothing to do with current rosters, coaching staff and even ownership.

LMAO!!!!

It's 1-15-08 not 1-15-2018.

I don't reference past superbowls or NFL championships unless other fans do it first. those points have nothing to do with current rosters, coaching staff and even ownership.

C'mon Firstnten. You are ducking the question. We but heads alot, but most of the time I do respect your opinion because you are honest. But this is not a honest answer.

Is the game that significant? Supposed someone referenced first?

Well, it's not a good day for the Cowboys, there is no denying that. But is it really that great a day in Giants history?

Compare it to the Redsox world series win. The one in which the Yankees collapsed.

That was the worst day for Yankees fans. But I don't know if it would have meant so much to Boston had they followed that up by getting swept in the World Series. Sure, the Sox fans would have never let the Yankees fans forget it, but the best team in the league would have been another team. And, in the end, I think it could have been turned against the Sox as they would have lost another big game, or "choked" in the WS.

But the Sox won the series and shut everyone up. No one can say anything negative about how that Boston team played that post season.

Win the Big Game and shut everyone up. Instant respect. It works everytime.

desperation.jpg

C'mon Firstnten. You are ducking the question. We but heads alot, but most of the time I do respect your opinion because you are honest. But this is not a honest answer.

Today yes, after sunday no...

Not even slightly.

A very fond memory yes.....

A game of any significance

No fucking way...

Today yes, after sunday no...

Not even slightly.

A very fond memory yes.....

A game of any significance

No fucking way...

I'll go along with that. And I agree that the Giants deserved to win the game. Good luck next week.

Yo First, can I answer this one? I hope its what you're thinkin too.

Egg,

We will absolutley remember this one . And this is exactly why Giant fans are better than the rest, esp Cowgirl fans. We remember ALL of our meaningful games, no matter how meaningful. Ive heard it be said here numerous times, no one will remember these playoff games, they only remember the SB. Well, thats what seperates us from the rest. We hold a special place in our heart for all types of meaningful games. We dont just hoot and holler when we win the SB, we support our team through the whole process. It doesnt really surprise me that you feel this way though, it describes a cowgirl fan to a tee. You only open your mouth when its conveinient, and then try to make excuses when you lose. This game was special, and if you cant see that, then your are earning your title as a BANDWAGON FAN.

maybe of significance in the maturation of Manning...

in the context of winning the superbowl none. That doesn't detract that today i have another game to look forward to and it's the NFCC at lambeau field.

The agrument your making It's akin to the same pathetic arguments that NFL fans make all the time. We have "X" rings you have "less then X" you suck.

Dumb i have never seen a football team win a SB on the merits of a team that played 10 years ago...

Yo First, can I answer this one? I hope its what you're thinkin too.

Egg,

We will absolutley remember this one . And this is exactly why Giant fans are better than the rest, esp Cowgirl fans. We remember ALL of our meaningful games, no matter how meaningful. Ive heard it be said here numerous times, no one will remember these playoff games, they only remember the SB. Well, thats what seperates us from the rest. We hold a special place in our heart for all types of meaningful games. We dont just hoot and holler when we win the SB, we support our team through the whole process. It doesnt really surprise me that you feel this way though, it describes a cowgirl fan to a tee. You only open your mouth when its conveinient, and then try to make excuses when you lose. This game was special, and if you cant see that, then your are earning your title as a BANDWAGON FAN.

I will absolutley remember this one . I remember ALL of our meaningful games. Ive heard it be said here numerous times, no one will remember these playoff games, they only remember the SB. Which is true. We hold a special place in our hearts for all types of meaningful NFC east games. We dont just hoot and holler when we win the SB, we support our team through the whole process.

FIXED!!!

maybe of significance in the maturation of Manning...

in the context of winning the superbowl none. That doesn't detract that today i have another game to look forward to and it's the NFCC at lambeau field.

The agrument your making It's akin to the same pathetic arguments that NFL fans make all the time. We have "X" rings you have "less then X" you suck.

Dumb i have never seen a football team win a SB on the merits of a team that played 10 years ago...

You maybe right about Manning. We will know how much he has matured Sunday and next season. And you should be happy today and be looking forward to next week.

What I don't understand is some of the fans that rank last Sunday in the top three or five Giants wins. And I have seen some people post that.

Because here is the thing: Last week some people were wondering why the Championship teams of the 30s aren't as respected as the Superbowl winners. Well, how can you respect the Championship teams of the 30's the same as the Superbowl winners when you are going to argue that beating the 2007 Cowboys in a divisional game is in the top 5 games of Giants history? Especially when no one respects Wade Phillips?

You maybe right about Manning. We will know how much he has matured Sunday and next season. And you should be happy today and be looking forward to next week.

What I don't understand is some of the fans that rank last Sunday in the top three or five Giants wins. And I have seen some people post that.

Because here is the thing: Last week some people were wondering why the Championship teams of the 30s aren't as respected as the Superbowl winners. Well, how can you respect the Championship teams of the 30's the same as the Superbowl winners when you are going to argue that beating the 2007 Cowboys in a divisional game is in the top 5 games of Giants history? Especially when no one respects Wade Phillips?

you can't people saying that this is a top five win in the history of Giants football are flat out dumb. i can think of five games off the top of my head that are not divisional games i would bestow this honor to.

I would put it in the top 10 over the past ten years.

Sounds like Giants.com arguments. that place has turned into a 10-13 year old EA sports fest. First they killed the CE then they sanitized it as if Disney is running it.

NY played 35 years before there was a Dallas team i guess there where no significant games in that time frame. I respected Wade Phillips, I thought he was gonna fall flat on his face not produce the #1 seed in the NFC. Although his recent pussy comments makes me wonder if he's not losing the players.