SportsWrath

Patrick Crayton is a bitch

so-cal dub

Crayton on the Giants: "It’s just funny that those guys talk. They talk every time we get ready to play them. I’ve learned that when players have to talk about another team like that, number one, either they’re scared, or number two, they’re trying to talk themselves into thinking they can do it. I think they’re trying to talk themselves into believing they can do it."

Crayton on HB Brandon Jacobs: "Jacobs just talks, period. Ask some of the defensive guys what he says. He was talking even before the first game of the season. The last time we played them, I think it was on a Wednesday, he was saying, ‘I wish they were flying in today. I’d go wait at the airport for them.’ Well, we showed up and you weren’t there. And when we got to Giants Stadium, you still weren’t there. Where was he? Was he at the airport? I don’t know where he went. We didn’t go to the terminal."

Hey Pat, you would be warming Terry Glenn's seat if he was playing, shut the fuck up!

It is interesting that it is okay for Jacobs and Burress to talk but not Crayton. However, I do agree with you Giants fans.

Crayton should keep his big mouth shut.

But on the other hand, he does have a point. Jacobs was MIA in Jersey. Will he show up Sunday?

It is interesting that it is okay for Jacobs and Burress to talk but not Crayton. However, I do agree with you Giants fans.

But on the other hand, he does have a point. Jacobs was MIA in Jersey. Will he show up Sunday?

Till halftime, then you can deal with Bradshaw.

PS. Jacobs said "I'm not getting into it with that guy"...sure is alot of shit talk coming from him. :rolleyes:

Till halftime, then you can deal with Bradshaw.

PS. Jacobs said "I'm not getting into it with that guy"...sure is alot of shit talk coming from him. :rolleyes:

I think Eggy was refering to when Jacobs was talking shit about Dallas in the second game. I have to admit it kin of pissed me off after the game, Bjac running his mouth and having a the game that he did.

I think Eggy was refering to when Jacobs was talking shit about Dallas in the second game. I have to admit it kin of pissed me off after the game, Bjac running his mouth and having a the game that he did.

He didn't have a terrible game, 95 yards on 24 carries and touchdown that

was called back on a phantom hold.

I don't know what to make of this... I know teams talk about each other... I find it ironic that Crayton is "talking" about the giants... talking... <_<

Crayton is very talented; I hope that he gets a crossing route, but I think he's a little Nancy for the middle, that's where Witten lives; have nothing but respect for him, plus he shuts the f' up.

:huh: Did you not read the first quoted post by him? Guess not...

I don't know what to make of this... I know teams talk about each other... I find it ironic that Crayton is "talking" about the giants... talking... <_<

What's ironic is him saying sometimes teams talk alot when they are scared of another, or when they are trying to convince themselves that they can win, yet he's the one doing all the talking. :unsure:

Where are the quotes from Jacobs and Burress etc... ?

He said a whole lot more than that. LINK

Cowboys' Crayton adds volume to trash-talk

by Kevin Manahan

Friday January 11, 2008, 6:00 AM

IRVING, Texas -- Somehow, Patrick Crayton can hear voices. He hears them above the murmurs about the Dallas Cowboys' jet-setting quarterback and his blonde, pop-singing actress of a girlfriend. He hears them amid the clamor for information on the health of the star wide receiver.

He swears the voices are coming from about 1,500 miles away. From East Rutherford, N.J., as near as he can tell. Maybe they're wafting down I-95 on diesel fumes. But he wishes they would just shut up.

"It's just funny that those guys talk," the Cowboys wide receiver said yesterday. "They talk every time we get ready to play them. I've learned that when players have to talk about another team like that, No. 1, either they're scared, or No. 2, they're trying to talk themselves into thinking they can do it. I think they're trying to talk themselves into believing they can do it."

This week, the Giants -- after two losses this season to the Cowboys -- have zipped their lips as the NFC divisional game approaches on Sunday. In some instances, they have hit their knees in homage to the Five-Pointed Star. Just listen to linebacker Antonio Pierce, even if it is tongue-in-cheek:

"I have nothing but praise for the Dallas Cowboys. They're the No. 1 seed, the All-Pro team," he said. "They could have their own Pro Bowl team. A top-three offense, a top-10 defense. Pro Bowl here, All-Pro there. They deserve to say whatever they want to say. We're just the No. 5 seed, looking to cover the 7½-point line."

Meanwhile, all Crayton hears is the trash-talking, some of it two months old and still echoing through the zigzagging, glass-and-steel hallways at the Cowboys' training complex.

After the Cowboys came to Giants Stadium and beat the Giants 31-20 in November, Giants running back Brandon Jacobs took a swipe at Crayton, who caught a TD pass in that game. After the game, Crayton said the Cowboys had proven they were in a different class.

"That's not a fair assessment," Jacobs said. "It's unfair of him to say that because he (stinks), first of all."

Oh, and Crayton remembers that Jacobs said the Giants were going to "whup" the Cowboys in the season opener, which the Giants lost, 45-35.

Jacobs has been mum this week, but Crayton still hears the voice, probably because Jacobs loves to chirp on the field, too.

"Jacobs just talks, period," Crayton said. "Ask some of the defensive guys what he says. He was talking even before the first game of the season. The last time we played them, I think it was on a Wednesday, he was saying, 'I wish they were flying in today. I'd go wait at the airport for them.'

"Well, we showed up and you weren't there. And when we got to Giants Stadium, you still weren't there. Where was he? Was he at the airport? I don't know where he went. We didn't go to the terminal."

Back at Giants Stadium yesterday, when the remarks were relayed, Jacobs was asked his thoughts.

"No thoughts," he said.

Would it fire him up?

"I'm already fired up," he said.

Pierce wasn't as politically correct this time. He figured there was a reason Crayton was targeting Jacobs.

"He doesn't have to face Brandon Jacobs, so it's easy to talk smack," Pierce said. "If he had to stand in front of a 260-pound running back, he might not be saying that."

Crayton believes the divisional rivalry, the desperation of the playoffs and the trash-talking will add to the usual postseason chippiness on the field. He is surprised it took this long for the two franchises to meet in a playoff game.

"But it's a rivalry anyway," he said. "We play each other twice a year, and this will be the third time. Any time we face each other, we want to kick their tails and they want to kick ours."

Crayton said the Giants, who love to talk in the media, enjoy the on-the-field taunting even more.

"Oh, yeah, definitely," Crayton said. "When you're on the field, expletives don't matter. You can say whatever you want and it's not going to get blasted on TV. There are a lot of four-letter words being used out there."

Here is Crayton's scouting report on the yappiest Giants:

Jacobs: "He is the biggest talker," Crayton said. "He never stops."

Pierce: "It's not a trash-talker. His talk is more like a sneaky confidence."

Michael Strahan: "He does it, but he doesn't do it directly. He does it indirectly in the media. Listen to his comments. They're funny."

Crayton has a message for the Giants defensive backs, who dominated the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in an NFC wild-card game last Sunday: "I think they realize we're not Tampa Bay. We're a little bit better than Tampa Bay."

And even though wide receiver Terrell Owens is limping slightly on a sprained right ankle, the Giants defensive backs had better not nap, Crayton warned. He then tweaked the cornerback who was burned by Owens on a 25-yard fly pattern for a TD in November.

"Even if T.O. is at 85 or 90 percent, that's better than most receivers in this league," Crayton said. "He can still run by you. Just ask Sam Madison."

Any response, Sam?

Mike Garafolo contributed to this report.