SportsWrath

Johan deals are getting closer

gateb

Word is the offer on the table gomez pelfrey humber and guerra.

They want martinez, and it'll be a done deal.

I'm reluctant. It may be right to help us win now but one tiny elbow injury and all of a sudden its a worse trade than giving kazmir away.

thoughts?

Word is the offer on the table gomez pelfrey humber and guerra.

They want martinez, and it'll be a done deal.

I'm reluctant. It may be right to help us win now but one tiny elbow injury and all of a sudden its a worse trade than giving kazmir away.

thoughts?

On Metsblog it says the deal is: Martinez, Guerra, Gomez and Mulvey.

To be honest I'm a little hesitant to trade Mulvey, the scouts say he has 4

pitches and can throw all of them for strikes at any time in the count. I think

Mulvey can be a good, quality pitcher for a long time.

If the Mets make this trade (Wilpon has said he would be willing to meet Santana's

contract demands) we will win the NL East as the power would shift back to the Mets.

If this is true, the Mets have to pull the trigger.

I was listening to Michael Kay's radio show today, and he and his colleagues think this may have leaked out as a way to get the Yanks or Red Sox to bite. I really don't think the Red Sox care about the Mets, and would probably prefer to stand pat, keep their prospects, and let the Mets have him. They probably wouldn't care if the Yanks got him either, as they would be giving up some of their top prospects and likely adding alot of $$$ to their payroll.

The Yanks are not going to care about the Mets here either, and also would much rather see him go to the Mets than the Red Sox. So if this is the case as to why this has "leaked", I don't think it will work. If it is the real deal, the Mets would be stupid not to get it done. They aren't even asking for our top pitching prospect.

If this is true, the Mets have to pull the trigger.

I was listening to Michael Kay's radio show today, and he and his colleagues think this may have leaked out as a way to get the Yanks or Red Sox to bite. I really don't think the Red Sox care about the Mets, and would probably prefer to stand pat, keep their prospects, and let the Mets have him. They probably wouldn't care if the Yanks got him either, as they would be giving up some of their top prospects and likely adding alot of $$$ to their payroll.

The Yanks are not going to care about the Mets here either, and also would much rather see him go to the Mets than the Red Sox. So if this is the case as to why this has "leaked", I don't think it will work. If it is the real deal, the Mets would be stupid not to get it done. They aren't even asking for our top pitching prospect.

Peter Gammons said in his blog that he thinks The Red Sox and Yankees

pray that the Mets eventually trade for Johan Santana so they don't have to

depart with their prospects.

Peter Gammons said in his blog that he thinks The Red Sox and Yankees

pray that the Mets eventually trade for Johan Santana so they don't have to

depart with their prospects.

The Yankees and Red Sox could... you know... just not trade for Santana. It's not like if the Mets don't make a trade that they automatically have to. WTF was that blog about?

I don't know man. I'm all for getting more pitching, but I just can't see giving up the farm for 1 guy that's gonna break the bank. I understand that he is probably the best pitcher in the league, but I also saw a bunch of stats that suggested that he faded down the stretch last season (I don't have a link).

It's impossible to know what we actually have as far as prospects go, but if Gomez and Martinez are actually what they are projected to be...man what an outfield. Gomez, Beltran, Martinez added in with the young talent of Wright and Reyes, That could be a good team for a long time.

I also don't know what Pelfrey and Humber will turn into. It would be nice to continue to develop the farm talent and keep a possible great team together for a long time rather than spend everything for 1 great pitcher.

Just my thoughts.