SportsWrath

We may be losing Spags.

so-cal dub

Parcells and Schottenheimer do not have a history, but Marty and Ernie Accorsi do and EA is "advising" Arthur Blank on the coaching situation. Parcells will hire Tony Sparano(of course Big Pussy would have been the DC but he is dead)

What do you mean "do not have a history". I'm saying that off the field they know each and get along. They didn't have to be on the same coaching staff.

blank will want to make a splash. spags isn't a splash compared to som eof the other candidates out there

I don't think Blank is going to look to make anymore splashes after this season, but a big name guy would help make it look like he's heading in the right direction. More than a head coach right now he needs to invest heavily in another qb either in free agency or the draft.

Read the article nummy. :freaked:

Two names for the Falcons GM job are Mara(current Giants VP of player evaluation) and Tom Heckert(Eagles GM). Both know Spags and will "likely" pursue him.

I agree, there are way better choices, but as the saying goes...it's not what you know buy who you know.

I read the article, your point is what?. That he has the inside line because of his contacts. Fine, but if that's the case then both of those guys would be making a mistake jumping all over the hottest property right now. Think Tim Lewis.

There are a lot better candidates.

I just don't understand how D coordinators like Marty Kifin (sp) can be in Tampa since '95 and not get a look, with all of those great Ds under his belt. Then teams come knockin on a first year coordinators door whos had a good season albeit a slightly up and down one.

It is a little hard to believe, but so much of hiring is based on the interview and he may interview badly. However, he hasn't re- signed in Tampa and there's a possibility he goes to the Raiders in the same capacity.

Do not get me wrong here, and believe you me I love Spagnolou and what he has brought to this team, but can he shut down at least one high powered offense first before we start the Spags as HC tal?. AGain do not get me wrong, he has been splendid, far better than I expected so soon and I bet next year in year 2 of the system with more stability at key spots its even better, but I do not think he has done anything that extraordinary to warrant HC talk after one year, not with the Falcons and certainly not with our own team. I love the guy, but he is not HC ready yet.

It's been a front-to-back rejuvenation. He got the pass rush working, then the run stuffing, now the secondary is coming together.

Atlanta will probably be content to wait for the chance to speak with Spagnuolo. Unless, of course, the Giants beat the Cowboys this week, Garrett becomes available for an immediate hire and he accepts the Falcons' job.

Fuck, if we ever needed motivation to beat Dallas this week, there it is. Kick their faggot asses D!

What do you mean "do not have a history". I'm saying that off the field they know each and get along. They didn't have to be on the same coaching staff.

Bill knows Herm Edwards off the field as well, sure they also get along, does not mean he is a candidate. Anyone who knows or has paid attention to anything Bill Parcells has done from stop to stop to stop knows that he brings in "his guys"(and thats his term), I am sure he and Marty are quite cordial, but Marty cannot be classified as one of "his guys".