SportsWrath

From the SI.com review

Lubeck

They didn't seem particularly impressed by Manning or the Giants' offense.

''He made little, annoying third-down conversions when he needed to,'' linebacker Barrett Ruud said. ''If it is third-and-8, he gets 8 1/2 yards. That was frustrating.''

I don't want to read too much into these sorts of things, especially since the only quote they gave to back up their assertion wasn't that bad, but I don't know how they couldn't be impressed. Over 100 yards rushing, efficient passing, chewing up the clock, and most importantly winning....how can't you be impressed?

I bet if Jeff Garcia needed 7 yards and got 7.0000001 yards, Barrett would find that just as annoying.

What a dumb comment, you got beat, deal with it.

Thats what I was thinking. :rolleyes:

To Barrett Ruud: "listen dummy, in case you didnt know this, if 8 yds is needed for a 1st down, then 8 yds is all you need. Getting that extra half yd is just a bonus."

I don't want to read too much into these sorts of things, especially since the only quote they gave to back up their assertion wasn't that bad, but I don't know how they couldn't be impressed. Over 100 yards rushing, efficient passing, chewing up the clock, and most importantly winning....how can't you be impressed?

When they start at their own 8 yard line and use up 7 minutes of clock and score a TD in the fourth...I bet that is downright irritating ...huh?

All three scores happened in the middle of the field....correct me if I am wrong...isn't this guy the MLB?

LOL....what a Cornhusker.

C. Wagon

They didn't seem particularly impressed by Manning or the Giants' offense.

''He made little, annoying third-down conversions when he needed to,'' linebacker Barrett Ruud said. ''If it is third-and-8, he gets 8 1/2 yards. That was frustrating.'

I read this today in the paper And I let out a snicker and a Ahhhhhh its about time because how many games has that happened to us 3rd and 12 and the other team gets 15 yards we have been frustrated by that for a long time Mr. Ruud so much so as that it is almost always expected. But you know what? it was nice to see that shoe on the other foot for a change :clap:

Sour grapes. Instead of taking the high road and praising your opponent... well... they're home now watching our un-impressive offense play another week.

Sour grapes. Instead of taking the high road and praising your opponent... well... they're home now watching our un-impressive offense play another week.

Exactly what I was thinking. Man is this guy digging for excuses too, how weak was that? :rolleyes:

I bet if Jeff Garcia needed 7 yards and got 7.0000001 yards, Barrett would find that just as annoying.

What a dumb comment, you got beat, deal with it.

And you know what after the game....Garcia was very classy in saying that the Giants completely wasted him and threw him off of his rhythm early. He said it was an excellent game plan and it obviously worked in terms of hammering him and pressing his receivers (e.g. Galloway). A mark of gracious opponent is how gracious they are in defeat. And to my surprise Garcia passes that test. :TU:

And you know what after the game....Garcia was very classy in saying that the Giants completely wasted him and threw him off of his rhythm early. He said it was an excellent game plan and it obviously worked in terms of hammering him and pressing his receivers (e.g. Galloway). A mark of gracious opponent is how gracious they are in defeat. And to my surprise Garcia passes that test. :TU:

the Dog agrees...it would be like consistently complaining about the officiating after every loss...handle losses with class, not with excuses...