SportsWrath

First playoff game against the Cowboys

Gspotter

They're a really talented team and they do pose a real challenge.

The strength of our strategy is pressure and nobody but NE has a better OL than Dallas. We don't need to sack Romo to influence his game though, it may be a matter of constant pressure.

If TO plays a reduced strength, we can handle him. We'll be prepared for Witten and that leaves Crayton who's really good too.

I like our ability to control their run and I like our ability to seal off the edges.

It leaves it to Witten and Crayton...I'm up for one more game and if Eli plays strong, I really like our chances. Remember in the last game, Bradshaw merely ran back kicks, now he's more...

I also like the idea of giving them the underneath stuff; control the ball and TOP; let them try for controlled big strikes. I'm not talking about bend don't break so much as control their options for long plays.

The difference between good and great this year is the deep strike.

We may also have to tinker with our slot options.

I like our chances!

Our improved secondary play gives me some hope. It'll be a good game. We're bringing good pressure (the only time I've seen Brady rattled all season) but Romo is a master at escaping and throwing on the run.

Call it what you want <_<

But I agree with everything else, the secondary play esp. Thats really been our weakness for awhile now, and with T.O hobbling I think that makes the difference.

Call it what you want <_<

But I agree with everything else, the secondary play esp. Thats really been our weakness for awhile now, and with T.O hobbling I think that makes the difference.

What would you call it? You gotta give him props for his mobility and field vision.

What would you call it? You gotta give him props for his mobility and field vision.

Although he is a very good QB that does have good mobility, I wouldnt go as far to call him a master at it. He's been a lucky son of a bitch many times. for example, the Tony Curtis TD against us?? Thats nothin but luck. :rolleyes:

Although he is a very good QB that does have good mobility, I wouldnt go as far to call him a master at it. He's been a lucky son of a bitch many times. for example, the Tony Curtis TD against us?? Thats nothin but luck. :rolleyes:

I reject your reality and substitute my own. It seems to me that Romo always escapes to the right, and that the OLine (who are better that NE IMHO) help make that happen. That TD was a perfect example (and the fucking red jerseys help make it happen) and more than just luck. When the pocket collapses the Oline seals the right side to give Romo an escape hatch. True or not he makes some nice throws during an escape and keeps them alive. At least that's what I think. Take it or leave it.

Romo is quite creative in the pocket and he buys time which is why I'd try and funnel him to his left. Let's make him throw it on the run that way.

I like our current secondary play and though TO's no Randy Moss, he's something to worry about.

I also think that Pierce and co need to be more mindful of Witten too.

It's the Crayton factor that can be surprising. I don't put any worry into their running game, not because it's not good, but because we've done really well with running backs.

we need to snatch the ball out of the air (like we have in the past three games) and that'll make this ours to win.

Let everyone down us; we will be victories.

That would make BadEgg a pleasure to deal with

I reject your reality and substitute my own. It seems to me that Romo always escapes to the right, and that the OLine (who are better that NE IMHO) help make that happen. That TD was a perfect example (and the fucking red jerseys help make it happen) and more than just luck. When the pocket collapses the Oline seals the right side to give Romo an escape hatch. True or not he makes some nice throws during an escape and keeps them alive. At least that's what I think. Take it or leave it.

Oh, as I said, he is good on the run and under pressure. But, master??? CMON! :P

Kill the Cowboys :furious::furious:

Oh, as I said, he is good on the run and under pressure. But, master??? CMON! :P

Kill the Cowboys :furious::furious:

Can you name someone better at it, other than Peyton? Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but it's something that's always impressed me about him. It's one of the worst parts of Eli's game, though improving of late.

Can you name someone better at it, other than Peyton? Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but it's something that's always impressed me about him. It's one of the worst parts of Eli's game, though improving of late.

Brett Favre

Thnak you nesta, agreed. ;) I just dont think a guy who hasnt played two full seaons should get that kinda credit. Last yr he stunk down the stretch.

I'm the first to point out his stinky patches, but for that one aspect, I'll stick with "master".

It's going to be a fun game to watch. Strength on strength with thier O-line vs. our D-line. A less-than-full strength TO will be an advantage for us, but we have no Shockey and he ALWAYS kills the Cowboys. It seems that Jacobs always has a TD and a fumble vs. them too... but we have Bradshaw emerging, and he can be a big weapon for us.

I think we contain Barber and Jones, but Romo kills us with his pocket awareness and escapability. Eli comes up big this game too, tho... he always seems to play well vs. Dallas.

We lose a squeaker, but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

It's going to be a fun game to watch. Strength on strength with thier O-line vs. our D-line. A less-than-full strength TO will be an advantage for us, but we have no Shockey and he ALWAYS kills the Cowboys. It seems that Jacobs always has a TD and a fumble vs. them too... but we have Bradshaw emerging, and he can be a big weapon for us.

I think we contain Barber and Jones, but Romo kills us with his pocket awareness and escapability. Eli comes up big this game too, tho... he always seems to play well vs. Dallas.

We lose a squeaker, but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I predict a squeaker too, except I got the GMen winning, 24-23.

I just want a good clean hit on Romo that at least forces an injury timeout. I don't want him out of the game...but just knock him out for a play or two.

Then Brad Johnson comes in and kicks our ass. You never want to go against the Cowboys backup. Too much history beginning with Craig Morton.

A hit like this?

alg_manning-passes-1.jpg

After that hit, Steve Young came in and surgically matriculated his team down the field for what would have been the winning TD, had Roger Craig not fumbled. We had Montana pinned in the whole game.

I HATE BACKUP QB's!

After that hit, Steve Young came in and surgically matriculated his team down the field for what would have been the winning TD, had Roger Craig not fumbled. We had Montana pinned in the whole game.

I HATE BACKUP QB's!

Ball jarred loose by a perfect helmet on ball hit by Erik Howard and the ball falling literally into LT's lap. I smoked a cigarette on that one. Had an orgy when Pat Summerall said there will be no threepeat. I tell you I have to get some memorabilia from that game. Mortgage my coop or something. :P

Please....do....not.....ever.....EVER....AGAIN....show that picture while I am at my desk. Underside of which (including my pants) is now wet with human procreative liquid. Luck for me I keep a change of clothes in my office. :P

Just to clarify for the Dog if you would, is your "over-excitement" with respect to a Giant player sacking Joe Montana, or is it just the pose the two men are in?