SportsWrath

New fantasy team

gateb

New team. Just so you guys know, I was the 15th pick out of 16.

C Benjie Molina

1b Prince Fielder

2b Ronnie Belliard

3b Aramis Ramirez

SS Jhonny Peralta

OF Andruw Jones

OF Ken Griffey Jr.

OF Jeff Franceour

utility Adrian Beltre

SP Carlos Zambrano

SP Mark Mulder

RP Derrick Turnbow

RP Mike Timlin

P Jorge Sosa

P Chris Young

P Gustavo Chacin

BN Brandon Donnelly

BN Jesse Crain

BN Erik Bedard

Not so bad when you think about it but pitching is weak.

New team. Just so you guys know, I was the 15th pick out of 16.

C Benjie Molina

1b Prince Fielder

2b Ronnie Belliard

3b Aramis Ramirez

SS Jhonny Peralta

OF Andruw Jones

OF Ken Griffey Jr.

OF Jeff Franceour

utility Adrian Beltre

SP Carlos Zambrano

SP Mark Mulder

RP Derrick Turnbow

RP Mike Timlin

P Jorge Sosa

P Chris Young

P Gustavo Chacin

BN Brandon Donnelly

BN Jesse Crain

BN Erik Bedard

Not so bad when you think about it but pitching is weak.

Damn, you play some deep leagues. I like keeping my leagues to a minimum because I believe upkeep is one of the key factors to winning a league and that's hard to do with so many teams. Anyway, your team is servicable. I'm trying to wrap my head around 16 teams now...You have some good sleepers but also you're banking a lot on prospects like Franceour and Fielder. Belliard will fall from last year. Good MR picks with Crain and Timlin (If holds count then you're in heaven). Donnelly will hopefully regain form...but Bedard is a great sleeper...Young should dazzle, and we know what to expect from Zambrano and Mulder. Don't really have any speed, BA, or big run producers but you should get HR and RBI.

Well, I signed up in the league when there was 7 and one week later there was 16. So I just had to deal with that.

Apparently, I'm turning into a type of drafter that likes taking prospects. However, when I took Fielder, he was one of the best 1b there so I decided to take a shot on him. Franceour is a can't miss guy IMO, the way he played with the Braves.

What makes you think that about Belliard? I would think that almost anyone on the Indians right now will get better.

Overall, seeing where I was at 5 minutes before the draft, I'm very content with what I got.

I dunno about Belliard...just seems so dull and average. Yah, he's on a good team, but...I dunno...one of those instinct calls. I'm looking forward to a full year from Victor Martinez though, and by full year I mean full productive year. As for Francoeur, he has raw power and an insane arm but still suffers the common rookie failing of striking out too much. Until he can resolve that, I won't consider him can't miss. Regardless, he'll definitely make enough contact to hit for a good BA and a lot of power.

I dunno about Belliard...just seems so dull and average. Yah, he's on a good team, but...I dunno...one of those instinct calls. I'm looking forward to a full year from Victor Martinez though, and by full year I mean full productive year. As for Francoeur, he has raw power and an insane arm but still suffers the common rookie failing of striking out too much. Until he can resolve that, I won't consider him can't miss. Regardless, he'll definitely make enough contact to hit for a good BA and a lot of power.

In the 10th round in a 16 people draft, I'm perfectly fine on taking a chance on Franceour.

As for Belliard, I'm not comparing him to him or anything but just pointing this out. He reminds me of Manny Ramirez. Obviously not power nor BA just the way he swings the bat and after he does. He was a very nice pickup for me last year and considering I forgot about the 2b position until like the 8th round, I was very happy with drafting him.

belliard is one of the top 2nd baseman in the league, and is an excellent pick when u have league of 16 and u get 15th pick. 2nd baseman is not the easiest position to draft in baseball, except mayb Jorge Cantu and a few others. plus, the team built around belliard will produce numbers. he bats 2nd. 1st grady sizemore, 3rd Travis hafner and then victor martinez and johnny peralta. he will definitelty get alot of pitces to hit, and he has proven he is up to it. i have belliard in one of my leagues and i bank on him to come up big for me 2

belliard is one of the top 2nd baseman in the league, and is an excellent pick when u have league of 16 and u get 15th pick. 2nd baseman is not the easiest position to draft in baseball, except mayb Jorge Cantu and a few others. plus, the team built around belliard will produce numbers. he bats 2nd. 1st grady sizemore, 3rd Travis hafner and then victor martinez and johnny peralta. he will definitelty get alot of pitces to hit, and he has proven he is up to it. i have belliard in one of my leagues and i bank on him to come up big for me 2

Nice stuff but I'm not sure if Ronnie bats second or not. Either way, for the spot I got him at and the other hitters in my lineup, I'm fine with that pick.

I wouldn't say one of the top 2nd basemen in the league. He's a good fallback option but not someone you'd want to carry your team. In a 16 team league, he's great. But otherwise, I can think of at least 10 2nd basemen I'd draft for him. There's no doubt about the likes of Soriano, Utley, and Figgins and then throw in Giles, Kent, Cantu, Iguchi, a healthy Roberts, Placido Polanco batting .320, the untapped potential of Rickie Weeks. Really, they all bring so much more to the table. I'd have no problem taking Ryan Freel and his 30-40 SBs over Belliard. I think Belliard will have a very similar season to Robinson Cano in terms of BA and power with Cano maybe getting 10 more runs and rbi because of his team. Belliard won't hurt, but he's not a top option and nowhere near "one of the top 2nd basemen in the league".

I wouldn't say one of the top 2nd basemen in the league. He's a good fallback option but not someone you'd want to carry your team. In a 16 team league, he's great. But otherwise, I can think of at least 10 2nd basemen I'd draft for him. There's no doubt about the likes of Soriano, Utley, and Figgins and then throw in Giles, Kent, Cantu, Iguchi, a healthy Roberts, Placido Polanco batting .320, the untapped potential of Rickie Weeks. Really, they all bring so much more to the table. I'd have no problem taking Ryan Freel and his 30-40 SBs over Belliard. I think Belliard will have a very similar season to Robinson Cano in terms of BA and power with Cano maybe getting 10 more runs and rbi because of his team. Belliard won't hurt, but he's not a top option and nowhere near "one of the top 2nd basemen in the league".

I would concur with not one of the top 10 second basemen but I believe that was an excellent value pick for me, eighth round with vitually all of the second basemen gone in a 16 team league. I'm more worried about 1b and even starting pitching now.

I would concur with not one of the top 10 second basemen but I believe that was an excellent value pick for me, eighth round with vitually all of the second basemen gone in a 16 team league. I'm more worried about 1b and even starting pitching now.

The worst Fielder could do is .270, 25, 80...and I see him easily surpassing that. He's a good value pick for you and you have a strong offensive team. As for pitching...we'll see.

belliard is def one of the best 2nd baseman in the league. i would not put kent or soriano as top for these reasons. 1. kent is washed up. his days are way behind him. last year with the dodgers, the offense wasnt centered around him; not many lineups focus on a hitting 2nd baseman. he didnt produce well enough to b considered a great 2nd baseman. 2. soriano. yes very good player. but he is a disgruntled national. he did not want to b moved and thats gonna affect his production this year. if u look at wen the yanks traded him, i dont know the exact numbers, but they definitely went down. he still batted leadoff, which was a huge role for him in new york. in washington, he now has a worse supporting cast, which now does nt include wilkerson. plus, he has been insulted about his skin color recently. a nationals head office guy commented about him being black and he got fired up. because of that he wants a pay raise, which he will definitely not get unless he is traded. a trade would b pointless for the nationals because they already gave up wilkerson and they're not gonna get anything close to his level because other teams know he doesnt want to be in washington so his value dropped dramatically. there is no way soriano can produce under this situation. so i rest firmly that belliard is a top 10 2nd baseman in thel ague

Just traded Mulder and Prince for Helton and Glavine.

I think Glavine is more of an under the radar type player then us fantasy drafters are taking him for. He was on fire practically during the last month or two down the stretch last season, should actually have run support and most importantly, is chasing 300 wins. He's not getting it this season but he's going to try to put himself in a position to get it.

As for Prince and Helton, Todd is the better choice.

I think Glavine is more of an under the radar type player then us fantasy drafters are taking him for. He was on fire practically during the last month or two down the stretch last season, should actually have run support and most importantly, is chasing 300 wins. He's not getting it this season but he's going to try to put himself in a position to get it.

nice addioton

ill agree with u on glavine. but i would i have kept fielder. helton has lost his touch. he will still hit above 300, but batting average is not theat great for points in fantasy. he lost some power 2, but the rbis will b there because colorado built a better supporting cast 4 him. i guess either one is good. ill c for myself in denver april 14 vs, the phillies

ill agree with u on glavine. but i would i have kept fielder. helton has lost his touch. he will still hit above 300, but batting average is not theat great for points in fantasy. he lost some power 2, but the rbis will b there because colorado built a better supporting cast 4 him. i guess either one is good. ill c for myself in denver april 14 vs, the phillies

In Coors field, you never know. I'm willing to take that chance.

Enjoy that game.

belliard is def one of the best 2nd baseman in the league. i would not put kent or soriano as top for these reasons. 1. kent is washed up. his days are way behind him. last year with the dodgers, the offense wasnt centered around him; not many lineups focus on a hitting 2nd baseman. he didnt produce well enough to b considered a great 2nd baseman. 2. soriano. yes very good player. but he is a disgruntled national. he did not want to b moved and thats gonna affect his production this year. if u look at wen the yanks traded him, i dont know the exact numbers, but they definitely went down. he still batted leadoff, which was a huge role for him in new york. in washington, he now has a worse supporting cast, which now does nt include wilkerson. plus, he has been insulted about his skin color recently. a nationals head office guy commented about him being black and he got fired up. because of that he wants a pay raise, which he will definitely not get unless he is traded. a trade would b pointless for the nationals because they already gave up wilkerson and they're not gonna get anything close to his level because other teams know he doesnt want to be in washington so his value dropped dramatically. there is no way soriano can produce under this situation. so i rest firmly that belliard is a top 10 2nd baseman in thel ague

Now by league I'm assuming you mean the entire major leagues, considering the arguments over Kent and Soriano. Soriano is one of those guys who will still produce no matter where he is or how unhappy he is. He knows he's a free agent next year, and even though he fears losing 2b respect on the FA market, he will still hit to the best of his ability to make more money. Even during his worst year, his numbers were still amazing for the position as he hit .280 with 28 HRs and 18 SB in 2004 in 145 games. As for Jeff Kent, the dropoff has yet to occur. Last year he hit more homeruns than in the past three. He has decent lineup protection too. While his batting average did fall .030 points in the second half, he still hit for equal power, OBP, SLG, and OPS. You're writing off this player way too early. The way lineups are made aren't based around a fielding position, they're based around hitting ability. Miguel Tejada is a hitting shortstop and the offense is based around him, why can't an offense be based around a still strong Jeff Kent? Now I'm talking offensively here btw, defense doesn't play a role. i still stand by my statement that Belliard will not be among the top 10 offensive second basemen in the league by year's end. Utley, Soriano, Kent, Roberts, Cantu, Figgins, Giles, Loretta, Weeks, Polanco, Iguchi, etc. These guys will outproduce Mr. Ronnie Belliard. I'm not gonna deny that he's going to help his team, but he's not a top 10 player at his position

As for the Fielder and Mulder for Helton and Glavine, ot's the typical + - deal, moving up in one category and down in the other. I think it goes without question that Helton will outproduce Prince Fielder. Helton is the active leader in batting average at .336 and 22nd all time in 9 seasons. He's only 32 and though his HR rate has declined a bit due to injuries and age progression, he should still be able to hit .325 (at least), 30 HR, with one of the top OBPs in the majors. Fielder on the other hand is untested and raw. He has the power, and will hit HRs but his average will plummet to the .270s in the majors and he may be overmatched at times. Not gonna get into Mulder and Glavine, but Glavine will still produce.

Edited by LorfTVP

It's nice to also have a solid guy in my rotation in Glavine, where I know I may get something like 12-7 with a 3.5 ERA or something of that sort. That's why I wasn't reluctant to give up Mulder for Glavine.

Now by league I'm assuming you mean the entire major leagues, considering the arguments over Kent and Soriano. Soriano is one of those guys who will still produce no matter where he is or how unhappy he is. He knows he's a free agent next year, and even though he fears losing 2b respect on the FA market, he will still hit to the best of his ability to make more money. Even during his worst year, his numbers were still amazing for the position as he hit .280 with 28 HRs and 18 SB in 2004 in 145 games. As for Jeff Kent, the dropoff has yet to occur. Last year he hit more homeruns than in the past three. He has decent lineup protection too. While his batting average did fall .030 points in the second half, he still hit for equal power, OBP, SLG, and OPS. You're writing off this player way too early. The way lineups are made aren't based around a fielding position, they're based around hitting ability. Miguel Tejada is a hitting shortstop and the offense is based around him, why can't an offense be based around a still strong Jeff Kent? Now I'm talking offensively here btw, defense doesn't play a role. i still stand by my statement that Belliard will not be among the top 10 offensive second basemen in the league by year's end. Utley, Soriano, Kent, Roberts, Cantu, Figgins, Giles, Loretta, Weeks, Polanco, Iguchi, etc. These guys will outproduce Mr. Ronnie Belliard. I'm not gonna deny that he's going to help his team, but he's not a top 10 player at his position

As for the Fielder and Mulder for Helton and Glavine, ot's the typical + - deal, moving up in one category and down in the other. I think it goes without question that Helton will outproduce Prince Fielder. Helton is the active leader in batting average at .336 and 22nd all time in 9 seasons. He's only 32 and though his HR rate has declined a bit due to injuries and age progression, he should still be able to hit .325 (at least), 30 HR, with one of the top OBPs in the majors. Fielder on the other hand is untested and raw. He has the power, and will hit HRs but his average will plummet to the .270s in the majors and he may be overmatched at times. Not gonna get into Mulder and Glavine, but Glavine will still produce.

in the first one, u say the worst fielder will do is 25 hr. then u say helton is gonna outproduce fielder. make up ur mind

Edited by Fins4ever084

in the first one, u say the worst fielder will do is 25 hr. then u say helton is gonna outproduce fielder. make up ur mind

He said Fielder would hit home runs, but Helton would hit more. Pretty much goes along with what he is saying. It's very possible, and much more likely that Helton will hit more then the minimum amount of HRs Fielder will hit.

Here's my roster, I was 5th pick out of 8:

C- Jorge Posada

1B-Derek Lee

2B-Placido Polanco

3B-Morgan Ensberg

SS-Jimmy Rollins

OF-Gary Sheffield

OF-Hideki Matsui

OF-Ichiro Suzuki

Util-Richie Sexson

Util-Chipper Jones

Bench-Jose Vidro

SP-Randy Johnson

SP-Dontrelle Willis

P-Mark Buherle

P-Mike Mussina

P-Bronson Arroyo

RP-Ervin Santana

RP-Chad Cordero

BN-Jose Valverde

BN-Kevin Millwood

BN-Scott Kazmir

He said Fielder would hit home runs, but Helton would hit more. Pretty much goes along with what he is saying. It's very possible, and much more likely that Helton will hit more then the minimum amount of HRs Fielder will hit.

Helton has a history, Fielder does not. Fielder has the capability to hit 40 but he will probably be overmatched by pitching in the beginning and will probably end up with 25-30 HRs, right where Helton should be as well. Fielder is an incredible keeper though.