SportsWrath

WHAT WAS CONFIRMED BY NY vs. NE

BadEgg

I like my hambergers rare but it doesn't change the fact that the Giants defensive backs cannot survive a combo of Dal, GB or Dal, Seattle. Provided of course, they survive Galloway/Garcia.

No, but you did say this: "calls affect every game, sometimes" :unsure:

actually, the dog did say that "calls effect the game...sometimes..." somewhat of a difference then what you misquoted...perhaps randoff can assist for clarification...

I like my hambergers rare but it doesn't change the fact that the Giants defensive backs cannot survive a combo of Dal, GB or Dal, Seattle. Provided of course, they survive Galloway/Garcia.

What i find so Ironic is you continue to bash the Giants secondary when the Boys have given up more yards per game and a higher completion percentage that the Giants. And the Cowboys will have to play these same team/s should the Giants lose.

Good point Dog. I would also add that Shockey and Kiwi were active for both Cowboys games, two of the most critical games of the year.

I would also point out that the Cowboys were without the services of Terry Glenn (a 1000 yard receiver) for nearly the entire year and a probowl caliber nose tackle, a key ingriedient to any 3-4 defense. I would argue that these injuries, in combination with the fact that the Cowboys starting corners were injured for almost 3/4 of the year were more critical than any injuires suffered by the Giants.

I would make these arguments if I wanted to make excuses. But I won't go there. :P

:mellow:

Who is this "Pro-Bowl Caliber nose tackle" you speak off? Because I know you're not talking Jason Ferguson. Yeah, calling Jason Ferguson a "Pro-Bowl caliber nose tackle" is like saying "Roy Williams is a great cover safety."

Sticks and Stones....ahhh you know the rest...there u go with your facts!!!! You know what....since it's a 'fact' that you are so dead on about football, the Giants and playoffs....your Lotto numbers JUST won me something (albeit a dollar...a chance to play next Sat). Will u be around to slide me some new winning numbers next week?

P.S. Giants play ONE game at a time, not a combo of Dallas, GB and or Seattle....there IS a playoff format. One Team NEVER plays a Combo of other teams on the same day....

Combo:

Informal; The product or result of combining; a combination.

The Combo of statements like very rare and sometimes confuses some of us when talking playoffs, refs calls and 100 points given up by our Giants. :)<_<

:mellow:

Who is this "Pro-Bowl Caliber nose tackle" you speak off? Because I know you're not talking Jason Ferguson. Yeah, calling Jason Ferguson a "Pro-Bowl caliber nose tackle" is like saying "Roy Williams is a great cover safety."

Hold it right there Nemisis...

You may have a point... :brooding:

Injuries have plagued teams throughout, and there are numerous examples of teams overcoming them to get to and even win Super Bowls...the beloved Giants won with Jeff Hostetler at QB, the Broncos won a Super Bowl after going 5-0 with Bubby Brister as the starter during the season (Bubby Brister?), the Patriots won with a WR playing nickel back, the Redskins won with Doug Williams taking over, the Eagles made it after losing Owens, the Rams...all key injuries to players that impacted the teams...the injury issue has been one for 4 seasons now...stop the excuse and fix the problem...perhaps not giving up as much for a mediocre QB and using the picks to draft depth would be a start...but that is a debate for another time...

the officiating is what it is...the Dog grows tired of the excuse cropping up every year the Giants fall short (the Dog's all time favorite was years ago on the other board when one fine poster stated that the Giants lost the game to the 49ers in the playoffs because the officials had been paid off by the mob...really, the mob...)...enough already...watch the play again...Romo was not over the line when he threw the pass, and the announcer (as did several analysts on various news organizations supported that...)...in the end, it is a very rare occassion that an officials bad call loses a game for a team (possibly the Miami-Ohio State national championship is the best example...)...in the end, year after year, game after game, the whining is simply just that...

:huh:

He JUST said TWELVE players. You just kept naming teams that lost ONE player. Yeah, we know you can win with ONE injured player, but the Giants have lost numerous starters the last couple of yrs. How can you say that injuries are just an excuse?

Oh yeah, I forgot who I was talking to. <_<

BOTTOM LINE: The Giants do not have the defensive backfield to compete with the top tier offenses.

This is illustrated best by the two Dallas losses as well as the NE loss. And, to some extent, the GB loss as well. What this means is that the Giants, while competitive, will most likely not be able to defeat a healthy:

1) Dallas team

2) Greenbay team

3) Seattle team

And they certainly will not be able to win consecutive games againts any two of these teams, provided they are fortunate enough to survive an underrated TB team (which is a big if) and win the following week in Dallas or GB should the Skins upset the Seahawks. All of the teams above have the weapons to mitigate any pass rush the Giants may muster and, with the exception of maybe Seattle, have the ability to run the ball.

Despite this, it was a decent run by the Gmen... :clap:

I agree with you that our backfield can be beaten by top tier recievers. But what sticks out to me about the Giants is the complete lack of an occassional homerun ball. I can't remember the last time Eli aired it out while our receivers were going deep.

To me.....the occassional homerun ball needs to be added to the offensive arsenal. It worked for NE to comeback on the Giants. It would be nice to see it work for the Giants rather than against.

In games vs the same team, the Boys and Giants have given up similar points. Both teams have lost 2 of the last 3 and barely won in week 14. At this point, I'd say the Giants and Cowboys are a lot more simlar than you should want them to be headed to the playoffs.

Our big hurdle is Tampa, a good team with a tough D. I'm not about to look past that team at this point, but i will say Dallas had better hope they don't face the Giants again, because its mighty hard to take 3 from a team in one year.

Bump...for obvious reasons.

BOTTOM LINE: The Giants do not have the defensive backfield to compete with the top tier offenses.

This is illustrated best by the two Dallas losses as well as the NE loss. And, to some extent, the GB loss as well. What this means is that the Giants, while competitive, will most likely not be able to defeat a healthy:

1) Dallas team

2) Greenbay team

3) Seattle team

And they certainly will not be able to win consecutive games againts any two of these teams, provided they are fortunate enough to survive an underrated TB team (which is a big if) and win the following week in Dallas or GB should the Skins upset the Seahawks. All of the teams above have the weapons to mitigate any pass rush the Giants may muster and, with the exception of maybe Seattle, have the ability to run the ball.

Despite this, it was a decent run by the Gmen... :clap:

:LMAO:

Well, I mean, with all the injuries...and the cold weather...how much can one team be expected to endure?

Apparently, this team will endure as long as it can. Does it bother you that this team has had ample opportunity to quit this season, and yet still goes on?

That's the difference between the seasons, isn't it? We weren't supposed to be here, and we are. You were expected to be here, but you're not...

Like I said, they can't get through two of three.

You seriously don't think they have a shot in GB? Do you?

yeah actually I do, why should I not. The Giants are playing well and just knocked off the #1 seed, why not the #2 seed?