SportsWrath

WHAT WAS CONFIRMED BY NY vs. NE

BadEgg

Question: (I'm just taking an example from a game). For example the Giants are on Defense...playing the BEST perfect team on the planet....it's the fourth quarter....the offense is facing 3rd and 6...QB drops back to pass...gets sacked...brings up 4th down right? Oh no! Holding Defense - - - 1st down Offense. Replay shows that both reciever and DB bumped each other. Mind you in the third Quarter , the refs overlooked a WORSE "holding" situation (the takedown by the DB on a WR in the end zone before the ball arrived). Back to the 'perfect team' staying alive on that drive..... Offense stays alive....gets three points out of it. My question is what makes you think that 'holding' call did NOT affect the game???? And that's just ONE example. Lots of refs calls affect the game. Every game isn't a blowout. Sure lots of games come down to a play or two AND plenty of games come down to a refs 'call' or two also.

NFL network even has a segment where the Assistant commisioner of the refs explains these effed up calls that affect games.....why? If it's so rare that calls affect the outcome of games....why have a segment on it???

SO....what makes you think that 'holding' call did NOT affect the game???? :unsure:

The Dog said that calls effect the game...sometimes...the fact is, your example can be sited in games involving all teams...the feeling here seems to be that only the Giants get bad calls...it happens...great teams overcome, average teams don't...the Dog could sit down and watch every playoff game under the microscope and find missed calls...not just the Giants game...every game...

The Giants benefited from a missed interfernce call during the Eagles game...not much talk about that, yet Giant fans will quickly point out the holding call in the third quarter of the Patriots game...the Dog gets it, but after years of whining about injuries and bad calls, don't you have to kind of look at it and say, this is tiresome...fix the problem...other teams have managed to do so...add quality depth for your injury-proned players...build a great team and the missed calls will have less of an impact...

The Dog said that calls effect the game...sometimes...the fact is, your example can be sited in games involving all teams...the feeling here seems to be that only the Giants get bad calls...it happens...great teams overcome, average teams don't...the Dog could sit down and watch every playoff game under the microscope and find missed calls...not just the Giants game...every game...

The Giants benefited from a missed interfernce call during the Eagles game...not much talk about that, yet Giant fans will quickly point out the holding call in the third quarter of the Patriots game...the Dog gets it, but after years of whining about injuries and bad calls, don't you have to kind of look at it and say, this is tiresome...fix the problem...other teams have managed to do so...add quality depth for your injury-proned players...build a great team and the missed calls will have less of an impact...

I will talk about it. We deserved that 'missed call' v. the Eagles. And you are right. Bad calls happen to all teams. Hence it's why I say not every team plays every week and blows out an opponent in so that a refs 'bad call' affects them. But when a game is tight, there's been plenty of times where 'bad calls' affected the game...including Giants games and Patriot games.

Question: How many great teams would you say there are THIS year in the NFL?

...fix the problem...other teams have managed to do so...add quality depth for your injury-proned players...build a great team and the missed calls will have less of an impact...

Italian Dog says:

......in the end, it is a very rare occassion that an officials bad call loses a game for a team

Which one is it? Just asking? Rare? or Sometimes?

Injuries have plagued teams throughout, and there are numerous examples of teams overcoming them to get to and even win Super Bowls...the beloved Giants won with Jeff Hostetler at QB, the Broncos won a Super Bowl after going 5-0 with Bubby Brister as the starter during the season (Bubby Brister?), the Patriots won with a WR playing nickel back, the Redskins won with Doug Williams taking over, the Eagles made it after losing Owens, the Rams...all key injuries to players that impacted the teams...the injury issue has been one for 4 seasons now...stop the excuse and fix the problem...perhaps not giving up as much for a mediocre QB and using the picks to draft depth would be a start...but that is a debate for another time...

the officiating is what it is...the Dog grows tired of the excuse cropping up every year the Giants fall short (the Dog's all time favorite was years ago on the other board when one fine poster stated that the Giants lost the game to the 49ers in the playoffs because the officials had been paid off by the mob...really, the mob...)...enough already...watch the play again...Romo was not over the line when he threw the pass, and the announcer (as did several analysts on various news organizations supported that...)...in the end, it is a very rare occassion that an officials bad call loses a game for a team (possibly the Miami-Ohio State national championship is the best example...)...in the end, year after year, game after game, the whining is simply just that...

Interesting example, Dog. But how about this year's Skins? They lose Taylor and their starting QB and promptly embarrass the Giants at home, and beat up on the Cowboys.

No excuses there.

Injuries have plagued teams throughout, and there are numerous examples of teams overcoming them to get to and even win Super Bowls...the beloved Giants won with Jeff Hostetler at QB, the Broncos won a Super Bowl after going 5-0 with Bubby Brister as the starter during the season (Bubby Brister?), the Patriots won with a WR playing nickel back, the Redskins won with Doug Williams taking over, the Eagles made it after losing Owens, the Rams...all key injuries to players that impacted the teams...the injury issue has been one for 4 seasons now...stop the excuse and fix the problem...perhaps not giving up as much for a mediocre QB and using the picks to draft depth would be a start...but that is a debate for another time...

Yes because all these teams had over 10 players on IR. Sorry the dog, but me think you can't tell the difference between losing one or two starters and losing several starters. But It's funny you immediately blame our mediocre QB for the injuries we've had over the years. Even though, its the same mediocre QB that's taken us to the playoff 3 straight years. Despite all the injuries that has plagued this team...

the officiating is what it is...the Dog grows tired of the excuse cropping up every year the Giants fall short (the Dog's all time favorite was years ago on the other board when one fine poster stated that the Giants lost the game to the 49ers in the playoffs because the officials had been paid off by the mob...really, the mob...)...enough already...watch the play again...Romo was not over the line when he threw the pass, and the announcer (as did several analysts on various news organizations supported that...)...in the end, it is a very rare occassion that an officials bad call loses a game for a team (possibly the Miami-Ohio State national championship is the best example...)...in the end, year after year, game after game, the whining is simply just that...

But yet, you keep going to Giants based Message Boards. If you grow so tire of us, why do you come? And several analysts on various news organization supportes that? Who are you trying to feed that line of bullshit? Please, name these several 'analysis' that supported the none call... I know Moose Johnson said it covering the Giants Vs Lions game had some awful calls against them and cost them the game, and several sports host here in Dallas said it as well. So please, tell me....

Yes because all these teams had over 10 players on IR. Sorry the dog, but me think you can't tell the difference between losing one or two starters and losing several starters. But It's funny you immediately blame our mediocre QB for the injuries we've had over the years. Even though, its the same mediocre QB that's taken us to the playoff 3 straight years. Despite all the injuries that has plagued this team...

But yet, you keep going to Giants based Message Boards. If you grow so tire of us, why do you come? And several analysts on various news organization supportes that? Who are you trying to feed that line of bullshit? Please, name these several 'analysis' that supported the none call... I know Moose Johnson said it covering the Giants Vs Lions game had some awful calls against them and cost them the game, and several sports host here in Dallas said it as well. So please, tell me....

NEM for PRESIDENT!

Interesting example, Dog. But how about this year's Skins? They lose Taylor and their starting QB and promptly embarrass the Giants at home, and beat up on the Cowboys.

No excuses there.

<_>

Sir, you out of all people shouldn't be talking. Because I recall a coversation we had how the lost F. Adams ultimately affected the Dallas offensive, which resulted in Dallas not making the playoffs. So if you were cring about losing one player, we lost 12.

Italian Dog says:

......in the end, it is a very rare occassion that an officials bad call loses a game for a team

Which one is it? Just asking? Rare? or Sometimes?

um, does the Dog really have to answer this?

the dog would inquire as to which 10 players the Giants have on IR this year? The Dog comes here to discuss Giants football...the Dog didn't realize that a large majority of those discussions would revolve around "unfair" treatment by the league and its' band of thieving officials...no disrespect, just that the conpiracy theories are outlandish, that is all...

the dog would inquire as to which 10 players the Giants have on IR this year? The Dog comes here to discuss Giants football...the Dog didn't realize that a large majority of those discussions would revolve around "unfair" treatment by the league and its' band of thieving officials...no disrespect, just that the conpiracy theories are outlandish, that is all...

They have 13 players on IR this year.

95 Awasom, Adrian DE 6-5 280 24 3 North Texas

77 Bake, Dek DE 6'5 272 23 R Texas Tech

30 Dahl, Craig S 6-1 207 22 R North Dakota State

24 Douglas, Robert FB 6-1 230 25 1 Memphis

20 Finn, Jim FB 6-0 245 31 8 Pennsylvania

15 Jennings, Michael WR 5-11 181 28 2 Florida State

84 Johnson, Darcy TE 6-5 252 24 1 Central Florida

94 Joseph, William DT 6-5 308 28 5 Miami

97 Kiwanuka, Mathias LB 6-5 265 24 2 Boston College

90 Kuehl, Ryan LS 6-5 276 35 11 Virginia

62 Londot, Todd G/T 6-5 301 24 1 Miami (OH)

80 Shockey, Jeremy TE 6-5 251 27 6 Miami (FL)

34 Ward, Derrick RB 5-11 228 27 4 Ottawa

The bold ones are probably the biggest losses for the Giants.

um, does the Dog really have to answer this?

Why not?

the words 'very rare' and 'sometimes' need a little clarification. So my question is are refs calls VERY RARELY affecting outcomes of games or are their calls SOMETIMES affecting the outcome of games? There is a difference.

Why not?

the words 'very rare' and 'sometimes' need a little clarification. So my question is are refs calls VERY RARELY affecting outcomes of games or are their calls SOMETIMES affecting the outcome of games? There is a difference.

Why not?

The Dog wonders about that difference (from dictionary.com):

rarely - infrequently; seldom

sometimes - at times; now and then

so, to answre your question, the dog would say that rarely (seldomly) the refs calls will affect the outcome of the game, but sometimes (now and then) they do...

Question:

Despite all of these so-called bad calls by clearly bias Dallas refs here in NY, wouldn't the outcome of the game been also different had the Giants:

1) Sacked Tony Romo before he allegedly crossed the line of scrimmage, or

2) Actually paid attention to TO in the 2nd half or better yet

3) Actually answered TO's TDs with TD strikes to Burress.

Did the refs prevent Eli from passing to Burress and Toomer that day?

Giants fans:

Did you realize that if the Giants earn a trip to Texas Stadium next week, that the Cowboys could hang 100 points on your sorry defense this season?

That is "off the charts" bad, injuries or no injuries...

The Dog wonders about that difference (from dictionary.com):

rarely - infrequently; seldom

sometimes - at times; now and then

so, to answre your question, the dog would say that rarely (seldomly) the refs calls will affect the outcome of the game, but sometimes (now and then) they do...

Very rare?

or Sometimes? Ok! :TU:

Italian Dog says:

("Very rare" is a bit stronger than "sometimes") Platinum is very rare. Sometimes the Giants win and sometimes they lose. :TU:

Very rare?

or Sometimes? Ok! :TU:

Italian Dog says:

("Very rare" is a bit stronger than "sometimes") Platinum is very rare. Sometimes the Giants win and sometimes they lose. :TU:

except in recent playoff games, when they very, very (some may say never) rarely win...now, is this really what it is going to be? semantics of sometimes vs. rarely? clearly the Dog has stumbled into the world of the surreal...semantics and conspiracy theories...perhaps this is a very entertaining place to be...

They have 13 players on IR this year.

The bold ones are probably the biggest losses for the Giants.

fair enough...but in the end, they are still a couple of back-ups, a DE struggling to learn the LB position, and Shockey, whom the Dog can't decide if he is a potential impact player that doesn't quite make an impact, or if he really isn't all that significant to begin with...

difficult to argue that the players on this list are equivalent to losing an Elway type player...

fair enough...but in the end, they are still a couple of back-ups, a DE struggling to learn the LB position, and Shockey, whom the Dog can't decide if he is a potential impact player that doesn't quite make an impact, or if he really isn't all that significant to begin with...

difficult to argue that the players on this list are equivalent to losing an Elway type player...

Good point Dog. I would also add that Shockey and Kiwi were active for both Cowboys games, two of the most critical games of the year.

I would also point out that the Cowboys were without the services of Terry Glenn (a 1000 yard receiver) for nearly the entire year and a probowl caliber nose tackle, a key ingriedient to any 3-4 defense. I would argue that these injuries, in combination with the fact that the Cowboys starting corners were injured for almost 3/4 of the year were more critical than any injuires suffered by the Giants.

I would make these arguments if I wanted to make excuses. But I won't go there. :P

They are complaining in Philly that if Pierce was called for pass INT(which it was) late in the 4th quarter they could have gotten closer for a game tying FG and possibly won and been 9-7.

They are complaining in Cleveland that if the pass INT was called on Edwards on the last drive at the goal line in Cincy they would be playing this week.

They are complaining in Washington that if Burress did not get a pass int call on the game tying TD drive in week 3they would have been 10-6.

They are complaining in Baltimore that they should have been the ones to stop NE but the refs took it away.

Its the nature of football, there are calls that can be cited that do make major impacts in games. If you believe in the law of averages you believe that these things will even out in the end and when they do the better teams will have more wins than losses and go further in the playoffs.

Bitching about the refs is a natural reaction to every teams games. I have a major problem with the 2 holding calls in the Dallas game, but in reality 4 weeks later in Philly Pierce was all over a receiver, which was not called and could have impacted that game greatly. Same with a week later in Buffalo when Butler mugged a WR with the Giants down 3 in the 3rd quarter. Like I said, it evens out.

except in recent playoff games, when they very, very (some may say never) rarely win...now, is this really what it is going to be? semantics of sometimes vs. rarely? clearly the Dog has stumbled into the world of the surreal...semantics and conspiracy theories...perhaps this is a very entertaining place to be...

Very:

in a high degree; extremely; exceedingly: A giant is very tall. (used as an intensive emphasizing superlatives or stressing identity or oppositeness).

Rare:

coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon. Thinly distributed over an area; few and widely separated.

:rolleyes::P

Conspiracy:

an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons...

Theory:

a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles. Contemplation or speculation.

Dear Italian Hotdog;

Sometimes....

on certain occasions or in certain cases but not always. At times; now and then.

You are right! But it's very rare: in a high degree; extremely; exceedingly unusual; uncommon. that you are wrong in your own mind! :)