SportsWrath

As a Giants fan, I find this pathetic

fringe

Giants fans selling Pats tickets

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Some Giants fans would just as soon pick up a few dollars than watch in person as the New England Patriots try to complete a perfect season.

They are selling their tickets to Patriots fans who want to see Tom Brady and his teammates go for a 16-0 record in the regular-season finale Saturday night at Giants Stadium.

Internet auction sites that allow customers to buy and sell sports tickets have seen a surge in ticket sales for the game by Giants fans.

"It looks like it's on pace to be one of our top 25 events for all time. It's definitely one of our hot sellers," Joellen Ferrer, a spokesman for Internet auction site StubHub, which specializes in tickets for events, told The Star-Ledger of Newark. "Although it's meaningless to the Giants, it's still going to be a great game to watch."

If the Patriots win, they would become the first NFL team to go undefeated during the regular season since the Miami Dolphins finished the 1972 season at 14-0.

In the first 24 hours after the Giants beat the Bills, more than 200 Giants ticket holders put their seats up for bid on the auction site, eBay. As of Monday, about 3,000 tickets were available for purchase on StubHub. Tickets on StubHub have gone for as much as $1,600 apiece, Ferrer said.

Giants fans selling Pats tickets

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Some Giants fans would just as soon pick up a few dollars than watch in person as the New England Patriots try to complete a perfect season.

They are selling their tickets to Patriots fans who want to see Tom Brady and his teammates go for a 16-0 record in the regular-season finale Saturday night at Giants Stadium.

Internet auction sites that allow customers to buy and sell sports tickets have seen a surge in ticket sales for the game by Giants fans.

"It looks like it's on pace to be one of our top 25 events for all time. It's definitely one of our hot sellers," Joellen Ferrer, a spokesman for Internet auction site StubHub, which specializes in tickets for events, told The Star-Ledger of Newark. "Although it's meaningless to the Giants, it's still going to be a great game to watch."

If the Patriots win, they would become the first NFL team to go undefeated during the regular season since the Miami Dolphins finished the 1972 season at 14-0.

In the first 24 hours after the Giants beat the Bills, more than 200 Giants ticket holders put their seats up for bid on the auction site, eBay. As of Monday, about 3,000 tickets were available for purchase on StubHub. Tickets on StubHub have gone for as much as $1,600 apiece, Ferrer said.

THIS IS AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!! it will be like playing an away game DAMN WE MIGHT ACTUALLY WIN IT :TU:

:brooding:

Yeah I posted this in another thread. Doesn't surpise me though. Our fans suck.

They're not "fans". They're businessmen. They are season ticket hodlers because I assume they end up making money by selling those tickets on Ebay and what not. If the organization cared about the fans.. real fans that is, they'd do away with waiting lists and season ticket holders... I think.

What I find pathetic is not the individual act of selling your tickets, but the cumulative effect it will have on the crowd on Saturday. I've been to Raider and 49er games where the visiting fans are almost equal to the home crowd- it's pretty pathetic.

What I find pathetic is not the individual act of selling your tickets, but the cumulative effect it will have on the crowd on Saturday. I've been to Raider and 49er games where the visiting fans are almost equal to the home crowd- it's pretty pathetic.

Blu, there are people out there every year throwing money at Giants season tickets holders to get their seats, and those are some of the guys selling them. There are people out there keeping their season ticket rights for the simple fact they hand over the tickets to some tout to sell. I know someone who has tickets for the season and sells the November /December games because it gets too cold to go. It's hard to blame people for not trying to get some money back for tickets if they can. The Giants(NFL) force season ticket holders to hand over full price $90-$100, to go to 2 meaningless preseason games, tickets that they have a hard time giving away.

You think that's bad, wait till Mets tickets go on sale this year, and all those people (me included) trying to buy tickets for the last day at Shea.

Which is why the Giants might win...it will be like an away game.

Blu, there are people out there every year throwing money at Giants season tickets holders to get their seats, and those are some of the guys selling them. There are people out there keeping their season ticket rights for the simple fact they hand over the tickets to some tout to sell. I know someone who has tickets for the season and sells the November /December games because it gets too cold to go. It's hard to blame people for not trying to get some money back for tickets if they can. The Giants(NFL) force season ticket holders to hand over full price $90-$100, to go to 2 meaningless preseason games, tickets that they have a hard time giving away.

yah, I know all this but it will still be a pathetic showing in front of a triple broadcasted national audience who think this game is important. another reason for boston to claim supremacy over new york. and i hate boston.

Given our crowd's lack of enthusiasm, maybe we find out how loud the stadium can get.. even with opposing teams fans. Besides, we play better on the road anyway ;).

Also, no one said that it's all NE fans who are buying tickets. It could very well be other fans who don't want to see NE win.

Someone called me today "Yo dude you are selling your tickets right?, people are getting crazy money for them"

me: "No I am going to the game, I do not put out the money for the tickets to make money, when I start doing that I can become a ticket broker and buy other teams tickets and sell them all year, I aint missing this one"

my friend:"you are nuts dude, who cares how many Giant fans are there".

I just hung up the phone.

Someone called me today "Yo dude you are selling your tickets right?, people are getting crazy money for them"

me: "No I am going to the game, I do not put out the money for the tickets to make money, when I start doing that I can become a ticket broker and buy other teams tickets and sell them all year, I aint missing this one"

my friend:"you are nuts dude, who cares how many Giant fans are there".

I just hung up the phone.

:clap: