SportsWrath

Rome bruns as Nero fiddles !!!!!!!!!

Guest Dye Job

Guest Lockhart
Our division rivals are pulling out all stops to strengthen their teams while our guy is stuck in first gear spinning in circles collecting has been CB's !!!! What's going on here !!

And now we are learning that the Redskins will be getting John Abraham from the Jets for Patrick Ramsey and draft choices. Boy if you saw Eli wincing last year your not going to believe the facial expressions your going to see this year as JA toses him around llike a gum wrapper.

Looks like Dallas is about to get TO with Key shawn's release and the Skins and Eagles are building, while EA is puttering around the office setting up the "March Madness Pool" - he'll get into the free agency after the NCAA Playoffs!

Yes it was a weakness.....but not the biggest. But did we need to sign four of them ?? At this moment we have no one to play the interior defensive line !!

We lose 1 DT and look at who is crying wolf, overreacting like a little girl over spilled milk...... for the love of god FA started on Saturday = 4 days ago. Not only that there really wasn't a dominant DT in FA this year, that statement even covers Gerard Warren, Maake Kemoeatu & Ryan Pickett who were the top 3 rated DT's amongst this years FA class (as rated by ESPN's Len Pasquarelli). It's not like Reggie White was out there for the taking & we were doing nothing to get him.

Rome bruns as Nero fiddles !!!!!!!!!

What is Rome doing?

pulling out all the stops = signing a receiver with 35 catches to a contract larger than Plaxico Burress's.

pulling out all the stops = overpaying and giving up 2 prospects for an unproven number 2 that makes the occasional amazing catch.

pulling out all the stops = signing a tight end that averages 25 catches a year and is old

pulling out all the stops = overpaying for Adam Archuleta.

those signings make me glad I'm a Giants fan and not a Skins fan, personally.

Might I also add:

Randle-El - Flashy but was never a #1 WR and will be asked to play one for that kind of money, sure handed & good for the gadget/trick plays but less than 40 catches a year now garners this kind of money from only a handfull teams (Washington, Dallas, Oakland). I think that Tennessee got a better player in David Givens (who isn't a glorified slot reciever like Randle-El) than Washington did in Randle-El.

Christian Fauria - A good, hardworking TE but if this is a "major" offseason acquisition then your offseason is pretty bland, not only that (Fab 4 pay attention here, it involves one of your favorite subjects.... the TE) with his signing there will be fewer passes for Chris Cooley (whom the Fab 4 think is a better TE than Shockey). Fauria isn't a spectacular athelete but does bring his lunchbox to work every day, again if you are going to ask him to be a gamebreaker you might be looking for too much but if you need a TE who will give you effort & hustle he's a good find.

Adam Archuleta - Don't the Skins already have a saftey that plays as the 8'th man in the box on running plays (Taylor)?? I was only impressed with Archuleta 3 years ago when he was a playmaker for the Rams in their latest playoff season, he's injury prone & really isn't a guy who is great in coverage. His hands are suspect and hasn't really played up to his 1'st round billing possibly due to the lack of focus on defense in St. Louis. A plus for the Giants is that every time he (Archuleta) gets matched up against the Giants Shockey burns him like charcoal.

Brandon Lloyd - If you want a guy who constantly complains about how much he gets the ball, has a questionable work ethic & is a locker room cancer then go ahead & take him but not on my team... thanks.

Andre Carter - Are you kidding me?? One good season 3 years ago earns you this kind of contract.... man, I'm definatley in the wrong business. A starting linebacker that averages fewer than 40 tackles per season I don't want on my team.

Looks like Dallas is about to get TO with Key shawn's release and the Skins and Eagles are building, while EA is puttering around the office setting up the "March Madness Pool" - he'll get into the free agency after the NCAA Playoffs!

March Madness is far more important than pursuing any free agent you've named.