SportsWrath

In all honesty

BlueInCanada

I'll be honest and say that at the beginning of the season I wanted Tom Coughlin gone, and if that meant having a shitty I was completely prepared for it. My hopes were not high. I still want Coughlin gone and if it takes missing the playoffs for that to happen, then so be it. Yes I'd love to be in the playoffs every year, but we need a better coach for that, and if we get into the playoffs this year Coughlin AND Gilbride are going to be here for another year and it will be the same thing next year.

Yeah I think when the various team GM's get together for the Rules and Competition Committee meetings, I am quite sure a couple of them will mention to Reese that one of the founding teams of the NFL deserves better at the OC position. And that what is good for the Giants is ultimately good for the league.

TC will stay. Gilbride will go.

Coughlin was in a "lame duck" position last offseason, and nobody wanted to go work for him because of it. Spags had NO interest as a DC around the league... he was a shot in the dark that just happened to work out. Coughlin had no choice but to promote Gilbride because... nobody else was going to take the job.

A new contract in the offseason gives Coughlin a lot of leeway to grab a better OC, and I think if they give him the contract, he'll do just that. I'd hope so, at least... he does seem to be pretty married to his assistants, tho.

If we finish 10-6, I'd think you'd pretty much have to keep the coach.

Another thing too: I just get the feeling that Reese isn't particularly enamored with Eli. I think we go ahead with Eli for another season, but Reese signs the "oh shit" QB this offseason... either a FA from another team or a day one pick in the draft. Eli was Accorsi's pick, not Reese's... and I'll bet JR thinks he can do better.

TC will stay. Gilbride will go.

Coughlin was in a "lame duck" position last offseason, and nobody wanted to go work for him because of it. Spags had NO interest as a DC around the league... he was a shot in the dark that just happened to work out. Coughlin had no choice but to promote Gilbride because... nobody else was going to take the job.

A new contract in the offseason gives Coughlin a lot of leeway to grab a better OC, and I think if they give him the contract, he'll do just that. I'd hope so, at least... he does seem to be pretty married to his assistants, tho.

If we finish 10-6, I'd think you'd pretty much have to keep the coach.

Another thing too: I just get the feeling that Reese isn't particularly enamored with Eli. I think we go ahead with Eli for another season, but Reese signs the "oh shit" QB this offseason... either a FA from another team or a day one pick in the draft. Eli was Accorsi's pick, not Reese's... and I'll bet JR thinks he can do better.

I think you might be onto something there....if the Broke Backs can find a Romosexual than what prevents anyone else from doing the same. I also think that Opie never had a decent QB coach that could help him with his still fucked up mechanics and Superman Laser Vision Lock Ins on his receivers. Plus no OC that can call a consistently good game that matches his talent.