SportsWrath

Say Hello To Coach

xxi-xxv

New head coaches like to bring in their own people. 90% of the time anyway.

Older, more established coaches do....I don't think a guy like Garret would come in and clean house. Plus, I think any knew coach that came in and fired Spags after this year would be met with a very unhappy fan base, I doubt Reese would allow Spags to be fired.

Blu, wouldn't Jim Johnson be the obvious choice to take over should Walrus be canned? Though I could see JJ moving to HC and Spags returning to the Eagles to be the DC.

Older, more established coaches do....I don't think a guy like Garret would come in and clean house. Plus, I think any knew coach that came in and fired Spags after this year would be met with a very unhappy fan base, I doubt Reese would allow Spags to be fired.

Blu, wouldn't Jim Johnson be the obvious choice to take over should Walrus be canned? Though I could see JJ moving to HC and Spags returning to the Eagles to be the DC.

It's happened with young and old alike.

JJ is wearing out his welcome in Philly. There'll be a riot if he's the next head coach.

We're in the same spot we were with Fassel and Fox in 2000. If we had the balls to let go of Fassel so we could protect Fox as our head coach we wouldnt have been buried in mediocrity for three years with an average coach.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I'm being critical. But I guess you can compare the two situatiosn.

Tree, I am no fan of Gilbride's but with Burress playing mostly on one leg, Moss who has been a bust and Smith getting splinters in his butt on IR we simply don't have the receivers we need. When Plax could stretch the field he & Eli were a formidable duo. Let's see Smith & Plax both healthy & then we can judge.

I think Coughlin has done an outstanding job of changing enough so that his players don't hate him.

I strongly disagree that Moss has been a bust. It seems like everytime he's on the field something good happens. That one play he was on the field agasint philly he made a great catch. It's very hard to perform when you're standing on the sidelines.

It's up to the coaching staff to get him on the field more.

Tree, I am no fan of Gilbride's but with Burress playing mostly on one leg, Moss who has been a bust and Smith getting splinters in his butt on IR we simply don't have the receivers we need. When Plax could stretch the field he & Eli were a formidable duo. Let's see Smith & Plax both healthy & then we can judge.

I think Coughlin has done an outstanding job of changing enough so that his players don't hate him.

This is just it though, a good OC isn't locked into one system and can adjust the playcalling to suit the situation. Conditions haven't been ideal for Gilbride but that's why he's paid the big bucks; to sort it out.

Sure his resume looks good with 3 playoff appearances, but does that record really reflect how this team has been since he's gotten here? The Panthers shoved their claws right up our asses in '05, we barely slid in last year (with someone else's loss getting us the last wild card) only to lose to the Egals, and while we will go in with a better record this year, have we beaten anyone that was worth a damn? Don't get me wrong, it's great not to be in the basement, and realistically, you're right, Coughlin will get a deal in the off season. I'm just saying one season doesn't wipe out the last 3, and we've yet to finish this one.

If the Giants win 10+ games and lose in the first round again, I do not think Coughlin gets a deal.

Reese didn't hire him, and would probably use the chance to hire his own guy by saying the Giants haven't progressed and a change is needed. If we make it to round 2, Coughlin will stay and Reese will say the team is heading in the right direction.

I've laid it all out for you, no need to speculate any longer.

You're welcome.