SportsWrath

Does anyone read Dan Graziano from the Star Ledger?

Ditto

With the history of trading for starting pitchers, and the majority of them failing because of injuries, or they just can't handle the pressure, I think the Yankees are smart holding on to young pitchers that have already proven themselves in NY. How do we know that Santana isn't just another player that can't handle the pressure of pitching in NY. I'd rather have the guys that have already proven they can win here.

With the history of trading for starting pitchers, and the majority of them failing because of injuries, or they just can't handle the pressure, I think the Yankees are smart holding on to young pitchers that have already proven themselves in NY. How do we know that Santana isn't just another player that can't handle the pressure of pitching in NY. I'd rather have the guys that have already proven they can win here.

I'm with you. I was just reading another stat on Santana. After the all star break, he had an ERA of 4.14.

I'm with you. I was just reading another stat on Santana. After the all star break, he had an ERA of 4.14.

I also find it funny how people criticize the Yankess for "buying" up all the talent, I'm looking your way media and Red Sox Nation, and now they are getting criticized for wanting to keep their young players.

I also find it funny how people criticize the Yankess for "buying" up all the talent, I'm looking your way media and Red Sox Nation, and now they are getting criticized for wanting to keep their young players.

No shit. I'm pretty happy that the Yankees aren't trading away all of their homegrown talent. The Twins aren't asking very much of the Red Sox are they? Also, fuck it...the Yankees will never look good in the media. Since now every team is part of Red Sox nation. There's just no pleasing them.

The Twins wanted Hughes, Kennedy, Cabrera and Tabata/Jackson. Eat a dick Minnesota.

One thing we do have to ask ourselves is, are the Yankees better? I'm not sure about that...but having Girardi and Eiland, instead of sleepy Joe and Guidry (who can't coach) may make the Yankees better.

the media's just pissed that they no longer (presumably) have the santana story. notice how all the ny writers were singing the praises of hank steinbrenner last week for stepping up and taking control of the organization and now the same local media has turned on him cuz he killed the santana deal. what vested interest do these guys have in any potential trade except having a story to write about? the backpage of either the news or post today said "penny pinching cashman convinced hank that santana wasn't worth price". was he a 'penny pincher' when the same media was praising him all summer for drafting, grooming, and holding onto those pitching prospects?

I think the Twins are just trying to pillage the Yankees, probably thinking they can get what they want based on the Yankees' history of thirsting for star players. No way should the Yankees give up 2 of their coveted 3 pitching prospects.

You've hit the nail on the head. The list of big name washouts that came to New York is long and storied. Anyone remember how Randy Johnson was going to be the savior...or Pavano...or Jim Abbott (although he did pitch one no-hitter)...or Black Jack ('fuck you fans') McDowell...or Dwight Gooden...or Kenny Rogers...or Hideki Irabu....or Denny Neagle....or Adrian "lil Ducque" Hernandez...or Kevin Brown....or Jose Contreras....or my favorite bust whom I thought would be the savior, Jeff Weaver. The list of pitchers failing to come up to expectations that put on the pinstripes is looonnnnnggg and sad...and there's certainly no guarantee Santana wouldn't just be added to the list.

Of course there were a few who panned out, Jimmy Key, David Cone, Clemens, and.....uhhhhhhh...I'm sure there are more, just can't think of any. I'd put Mussina soemwhere between busts and winner....he's a pretty consistent .500 pitcher, which has made him neither a bust nor a winner.

Regardless, I am sure glad that the Yanks are stopping from gutting out the kiddie farm for a guy that might bring me heartache after heartache.

You've hit the nail on the head. The list of big name washouts that came to New York is long and storied. Anyone remember how Randy Johnson was going to be the savior...or Pavano...or Jim Abbott (although he did pitch one no-hitter)...or Black Jack ('fuck you fans') McDowell...or Dwight Gooden...or Kenny Rogers...or Hideki Irabu....or Denny Neagle....or Adrian "lil Ducque" Hernandez...or Kevin Brown....or Jose Contreras....or my favorite bust whom I thought would be the savior, Jeff Weaver. The list of pitchers failing to come up to expectations that put on the pinstripes is looonnnnnggg and sad...and there's certainly no guarantee Santana wouldn't just be added to the list.

Of course there were a few who panned out, Jimmy Key, David Cone, Clemens, and.....uhhhhhhh...I'm sure there are more, just can't think of any. I'd put Mussina soemwhere between busts and winner....he's a pretty consistent .500 pitcher, which has made him neither a bust nor a winner.

Regardless, I am sure glad that the Yanks are stopping from gutting out the kiddie farm for a guy that might bring me heartache after heartache.

Exactly Rick. We have had such a dreadful hitory with bringing in savior pitchers only to have them get hurt, or worse unable to handle the NY media circus. Highes & kennedy will both be #1 & #2 studs in a few years if they stay healthy oh wait Joba is gonna be a starter. So that gives us Pettite, Wang, Mussina, Joba, Hughes & kennedy. I might move Moose to the pen.