SportsWrath

Very interesting read from Arthur Staple's blog on Giants

jranieli

I agree. You could say Spags has made chicken salad out of chicken shit too.

I'm not sure if it's that, or if he's just not retarded like the last DC we had here. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE Spags as our DC, it's just that Tim Lewis sucked major balls.

"We need to draft more Pass-rushing DE/LB hybrids so we can.... uh.... drop them into coverage on third down?" Spags knows MUCH better how to use his personnel.

BTW... how's that Panthers secondary looking these days? Remember the first two weeks of the season when Tim Lewis was gonna have the "last laugh." :LMAO.:

Dude, he's looking at the business aspect, what he himself is PAID to do. We didn't drop 54 million on Eli so that he can be mediocre. Sure he could have waited till the offseason to diss ELI, but hopefully, this will put a fire under his underachieving ass.

Fine, he could have pulled him up to his office and said it to him if he felt that way. With all the shit that Eli is taking from the press this week, I think it's fucking retarded that he did this and this just piles it on. It's irresponsible behavour, but of course Reese gets a pass because "he's kicking butt". How would Jerry feel if Ernie Accorsi told the press that he couldn't understand how Reese "couldn't" get a decent linebacker in the draft or free agency this year?, after pushing him for the the job?.

I don't think you want Garrett just yet. He's got just about the same experience as Fassel right had, so let's not go nuts because he had one season. Also, if he jump at the first head coaching job then you'll know a lot about him; if he waits out the offers, then you'll know a lot more about why he may eventually be worth it.

joe... c'mon guy... you've gotta be joking.

Parcells hasn't done ANYTHING without Belichick as his DC, besides take the Cowboys to a first-round playoff loss. Meanwhile Belichick has 3 rings without Parcells.

As far as George Young fucking up the successor... Parcells left the team in what, June? Belichick was long gone for the Browns by then... Parcells FUCKED THE GIANTS, not the other way around, and we got STUCK with Ray Handley for two years largely because of him.

If Parcells ever coaches this team again, I'm finding a new team to root for.

Bill Belichick was NEVER going to be the HC of the Giants beacause GY did not like him nor think he was the man for the job. Even had Parcells left at the podium holding the Lombardi in 91, BB was not going to be Gy's choice. GY liked Handley as he thought of him as an intellect, much like himself. Although Handley was very bright, he was a zilch as a leader of men and an even bigger ZERO with the media. You can fault Parcells for leaving in May, but not for Handley, that was all on GY.

I don't think you want Garrett just yet. He's got just about the same experience as Fassel right had, so let's not go nuts because he had one season. Also, if he jump at the first head coaching job then you'll know a lot about him; if he waits out the offers, then you'll know a lot more about why he may eventually be worth it.

Exactly, you can't judge someone who's likely still primarily running the old coach's system. Lewis had a great first year as our DC while he was still basically running Fox's D.