SportsWrath

WTF!!!!! Redskins signed another!!!

osi724dasack

Hit the reply button at the bottom of someones post

bottom right corner of a post

Thank you so much lol. i never noticed that.

And it feels wierd when i'm the only one with a quote but no one in it lol.

Thank you :worshippy: :rock:

The Redskins are deferrring alot of their 2006 cap numbers

I guess it works as long as the cap keeps going up...

from kffl.com

Redskins | M. Washington restructures his contract

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:51:12 -0800

The Washington Post reports Washington Redskins LB Marcus Washington agreed to convert $3.4 million in roster bonuses and base salary into a signing bonus, which is then prorated to save the team $2.5 million in cap space this year, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Redskins | Team working to free up cap space

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:50:52 -0800

The Washington Post reports the Washington Redskins have begun converting about $13.5 million in total roster bonuses due to players in 2006 into signing bonuses, which will clear about $10 million in total cap space.

And as I found out reading about the CBA negotiations there is a substantial amount of "Cash over Cap" money used by teams with heaps of cash.

As long as they are under the cap on the 1st of March each year then after that date they can go back over it to a certain degree.

That was why the big money teams seem to be able to continue signing people. What happns though is they go on a Cut Bing just before the 1st of March. It is not very stable for the team but it works.

And as I found out reading about the CBA negotiations there is a substantial amount of "Cash over Cap" money used by teams with heaps of cash.

As long as they are under the cap on the 1st of March each year then after that date they can go back over it to a certain degree.

That was why the big money teams seem to be able to continue signing people. What happns though is they go on a Cut Bing just before the 1st of March. It is not very stable for the team but it works.

and what exactly is cash over the cap???

sounds like a BS way of cheating...

"cahs over the cap", endorsment deals? Gifts?? what the hell is that!!!!!

Please explain...

Guest Nutty Sack

The Giants use that money to buy spare parts,kicking tees and hair dye.

and what exactly is cash over the cap???

sounds like a BS way of cheating...

"cahs over the cap", endorsment deals? Gifts?? what the hell is that!!!!!

Please explain...

As I said Team have to be under the cap at the start of the league year. 1st of March usually. Once that date passed then they don't have to be under the cap. Hence cash over cap. Read up about the CBA negotiations and it is explained better than I can.

1. How often does this work for the Skins?

2. None of those players scare me.

3. None of them are any better than players we currently have.

4. Every one of them are overpaid.

5. The NYG still get the players they want without overpaying.

6. I was nervous when they signed Clinton Portis and Lavernaeus Coles in the same season...this year doesnt even compare.

6. I was nervous when they signed Clinton Portis and Lavernaeus Coles in the same season...this year doesnt even compare.

:clap:

They will be very competitive but they aren't getting value for their money they are spending. It should eventually come back to haunt them. I'm more confident in that now because the next time CBA expires is in 2013 I believe.

OMG!! It's all over !! The Giants will neer win the East again!! The Redskins just signed Todd Collins!! Why didnt we???????? WTF EA!!???

:LMAO:

Most of you guys on this board are retards.

LOL :LMAO: ,

I'm gonna laugh when the redskins lose a player or two to injury and they have no depth to fill the position.

OMG!! It's all over !! The Giants will neer win the East again!! The Redskins just signed Todd Collins!! Why didnt we???????? WTF EA!!???

:LMAO:

Most of you guys on this board are retards.

You should check out some of those other boards. It is kind of funny. Seems like the end of the world.

They will be very competitive but they aren't getting value for their money they are spending. It should eventually come back to haunt them. I'm more confident in that now because the next time CBA expires is in 2013 I believe.

it prolly wont come back to haunt them because when they realize the players they got suck they will restructure all their contracts or release them...and the players will have no choice since they have had shitty or injury ridden seasons and wont command much money on the market anyway...

You should check out some of those other boards. It is kind of funny. Seems like the end of the world.

this board is full of chicken littles. they say they left the GMB because of it's stupidity yet they don't realize the original Sportswrath crew left because of them and they just brought it over here.