SportsWrath

I've stood by him for a long time...but Eli

Storm

You can't defend this. I'm sorry, that was pitiful. He's not getting any help, but he's playing like shit.

I've defended him for a while, but this was inexcusable.

Who's defending his play? I just said he played like shit. Read it.

I'm saying this entire team did nothing. ZiP.

And to put it all on one player is ridiculous.

Especially when it's so obvious that the coaching staff did nothing to prep this team, help this team win, or change the course of the game at the half.

I'm putting the blame squarely on the coaches. When one player plays badly it's one thing, but when they all do, it's bad coaching. Period.

It's not bias, it's realism. He had people in his face all day. Did you look at anyone but Eli? Do you ever watch the line's play? Well I do, and they played like shit.

Do you ever consider how easy it is to defend the pass, when you don't have to defend the run?

Great idea finally putting Bradshaw in when it was too late.

How bout the defense letting a very weak offense sustain long and time consuming drives?

I agree that eli played like shit. Yes. That was fucking obvious to anyone with eyes.

But who on the Giants side did not play like shit? Name one person.

And while you're at it tell me how one man can carry a whole team.

When did I ever say it was all the kids fault?. I agree the entire team played like shit and frankly I don't expect this kid to carry this team on his shoulders because he can't and he's proved that year in and year out. Inconsistent play, his deterioration of his accuracy and mechanics throughout the season and when push comes to shove he either steps up or curls up into a ball and wishes he was back home with his pa are just some of the things this kid has shown that he will never be anything more then an average QB.

I mean I used to support this kid whenever he would take the field, I thought he would give us a chance to win even when things started to get nasty. But what I think the biggest problem is, is that the only time the kid wins is when we are in perfect condition...I mean when all the receiver are healthy and the game plan is working he looks great. But as soon as something goes wrong he looks like a lost puppy out there. This is not a sign of a QB who will take the team deep into the playoffs.

Like I said this kid may prove me wrong some day but as the seasons keeps going it gets more and more obvious that this is never going to happen. Sure we can blame the coaches we can blame the entire team but the kid if you want. But the kid still hasn't done anything to show me that he isn't one of the major problems here.

When did I ever say it was all the kids fault?. I agree the entire team played like shit and frankly I don't expect this kid to carry this team on his shoulders because he can't and he's proved that year in and year out. Inconsistent play, his deterioration of his accuracy and mechanics throughout the season and when push comes to shove he either steps up or curls up into a ball and wishes he was back home with his pa are just some of the things this kid has shown that he will never be anything more then an average QB.

I mean I used to support this kid whenever he would take the field, I thought he would give us a chance to win even when things started to get nasty. But what I think the biggest problem is, is that the only time the kid wins is when we are in perfect condition...I mean when all the receiver are healthy and the game plan is working he looks great. But as soon as something goes wrong he looks like a lost puppy out there. This is not a sign of a QB who will take the team deep into the playoffs.

Like I said this kid may prove me wrong some day but as the seasons keeps going it gets more and more obvious that this is never going to happen. Sure we can blame the coaches we can blame the entire team but the kid if you want. But the kid still hasn't done anything to show me that he isn't one of the major problems here.

You admit this team shit themselves but you only want to replace the qb?

Where are your threads and posts calling out the rest of the team and the staff? You've never come out and said it, but you might as well have. You know, I'm fucking done with this conversation. I'll let eli's play defend him from now on, cause I'm sick of it. I lived through the Dave Brown/Kent Graham/Danny Kannel years. I know a good qb from a mediocre one. I'll leave it at that til Eli wins his first playoff game. Then I'll bump everyone of these threads. The kid is easily the best qb we've ever had.

The kid has a good game, and you guys make one "eli played good' post in the game thread.

He has a bad game, and there are 1500 eli sucks threads around here.

I hope they trade him and it haunts this franchise for years. Fuck ny fans.

The kid has a good game, and you guys make one "eli played good' post in the game thread.

He has a bad game, and there are 1500 eli sucks threads around here.

I hope they trade him and it haunts this franchise for years. Fuck ny fans.

We traded for him and it's already been haunting us for years :LMAO:

I laugh at the idea this has "haunted us for years" when we made the playoffs the past two seasons. Talk to some old timer that went 18 years from 63-81 with not even one playoff appearance.

Anyway.. with that being said this was downright pitiful. He was as bad as I have seen a Qb play on that field since the day in 1995 when Tommy Maddox was playing against the Eagles. Utterly putrid.

I think its clear that this kid is a warm weather/dome QB. When he has played well at this time of the year its usually unseasonably warm or on the road somewhere like Carolina. He does not respond when the weather gets cold, its plain to anyone that even watches him throw before the game in the cold. Probably better suited for a dome or a place like San Diego :doh:

I laugh at the idea this has "haunted us for years" when we made the playoffs the past two seasons. Talk to some old timer that went 18 years from 63-81 with not even one playoff appearance.

Anyway.. with that being said this was downright pitiful. He was as bad as I have seen a Qb play on that field since the day in 1995 when Tommy Maddox was playing against the Eagles. Utterly putrid.

I think its clear that this kid is a warm weather/dome QB. When he has played well at this time of the year its usually unseasonably warm or on the road somewhere like Carolina. He does not respond when the weather gets cold, its plain to anyone that even watches him throw before the game in the cold. Probably better suited for a dome or a place like San Diego :doh:

Imagine that being said of two different Mannings.

The weather had nothing to do with it today.

In the sun, it felt like 55-60 with no wind. Saints game last year it was pretty nice too.

I think it's just that it happens to get cold when his arm gets tired and teams get film on him.

It wasn't even that cold in December last year. Nor was it in December in 2005.

It's just that our guy is inconsistent as anything and needs support from his players in order to produce.

Question to U? Are you happy with Eli's performance this game? Or for his career (so far?).

Not happy with his performance in this game. Pretty satisfied with his carrer so far. Given some of the other quarterbacks I've watched at the helm of this team, I'm happy with what we have, and think he's great when the team plays good around him (which all quarterbacks need).

Eli did play bad today, but I can only put 2 interceptions on his tab. 1 int was Shockey missing that he was the hot receiver on a blitz (which is amazing because they were blitzing a lot) and not looking for the ball. 1 was tipped on what probably would have been a TD pass (o-line has to get those arms down). 1 was with Burress rolling his break because his ankle seems to be in shards at this point. The last one he was trying to force something to happen. 1 bad incompletion was Amani running an out as the hot receiver when Eli threw a slant (could be on either so I can't lay blame without knowing). He played bad all the same.

That said, when your quarterback is struggling, the receivers have to step up and help him. This in no way happened by any receiver on the team. Drops all around. Shockey looked like he was running at half speed for a while in the 2nd freaking quarter. That's Crap.

David Deihl suddenly forgot where on the feild he is supposed to line up.

The team waits to try the scat back until half way through the third quarter.

That is just a fraction of the problems from todays game. The team is still 7-4. Chalk it up to an extremely bad game and move forward controling our own destiny.

I guess since I can't read that would explain why your post is the only one in this thread? Oh no wait, I was making a general response to every nay sayer, doom caller, in the thread. Jack ass, criticism is good, when it actually has an impact on things, you are just bitching and moaning for the sake of it, because you have no other outlet.

Tens of thousands of boos tend to disagree with you, doucher.

You pretty much are the only one still cheering.

And btw, in case you didn't notice, I made the thread. Therefore, you calling out the people criticizing Eli(for a horrendous 50th(!) start in which he looked like a rookie 5th round pick, reflects directly on me. For making the thread. Homer.

Why you are asking a question to a random letter, I will never understand. I'll pretend you were asking me the question, of course I'm not happy with his performance in this game, that would be idiotic, shit happens. Would I take Peyton Manning or Tom Brady over Eli Manning, hell yeah, but I'm not disappointed with our acquisition or Eli Manning either.

Neither were any of us....50 starts ago. All of us want Eli to stop playing like he's in his first year. Except you, apparently.

U = You. Sorry, I didn't feel like typing 'you'. But we are sorta stuck with Eli and since the QB position is so important in Football. I am STILL waiting for Eli to step his game up. Maybe it wont happen. Maybe this is the best we are gonna get??? Who knows? I am not dissapointed with us picking Eli. At the time it was Rivers or Big Ben. And Eli seemed like a better choice back then.

But can't you understand the frustration of a QB giving up 21 points on fucked up throws? Eli's accuracy and mechanics have been in question since day one by most of us fans. And today it just seems like Plax isn't the only one not practicing.

I would prefer Phillip Rivers or Big Ben. Honestly. We could have stayed where we were and picked up Ben, too. Then, we could have Merriman and some other player now (not Kaeding obv.)

ok well in that case...

ts k 2 b frtrtd wit 4 pl4y3r, b#t u haf 2 k33p n mnd dat evreewon c4nt b p3rf3k, kthnxbye sht h4ppns

My fault sometimes it's hard to pick up on subtle shit like that on the Internet.

Wow, you're a total douchebag. Go home.

You can't defend this. I'm sorry, that was pitiful. He's not getting any help, but he's playing like shit.

The oline also didn't make him doink dlinemen in the face or throw passes right to Sharper.

Not happy with his performance in this game. Pretty satisfied with his carrer so far. Given some of the other quarterbacks I've watched at the helm of this team, I'm happy with what we have, and think he's great when the team plays good around him (which all quarterbacks need).

Eli did play bad today, but I can only put 2 interceptions on his tab. 1 int was Shockey missing that he was the hot receiver on a blitz (which is amazing because they were blitzing a lot) and not looking for the ball. 1 was tipped on what probably would have been a TD pass (o-line has to get those arms down). 1 was with Burress rolling his break because his ankle seems to be in shards at this point. The last one he was trying to force something to happen. 1 bad incompletion was Amani running an out as the hot receiver when Eli threw a slant (could be on either so I can't lay blame without knowing). He played bad all the same.

That said, when your quarterback is struggling, the receivers have to step up and help him. This in no way happened by any receiver on the team. Drops all around. Shockey looked like he was running at half speed for a while in the 2nd freaking quarter. That's Crap.

David Deihl suddenly forgot where on the feild he is supposed to line up.

The team waits to try the scat back until half way through the third quarter.

That is just a fraction of the problems from todays game. The team is still 7-4. Chalk it up to an extremely bad game and move forward controling our own destiny.

This is the most ridiculous post I've read yet. You CAN'T throw the ball away twice inside your own 20! No matter what!

It's really no wonder why the whole team didn't want to help him out and play their hearts out, Eli spotted the team 21 points(not to mention the other turnover and bad decisions leading to more points). That, my friend, is straight up depressing and hard to come back from.

I would prefer Phillip Rivers or Big Ben. Honestly. We could have stayed where we were and picked up Ben, too. Then, we could have Merriman and some other player now (not Kaeding obv.)

:LMAO: Rivers has one good game and he's again the next coming. I can understand Ben, he's great, but not Rivers.

Oh, and we wouldn't have had Merriman.

:LMAO: Rivers has one good game and he's again the next coming. I can understand Ben, he's great, but not Rivers.

Oh, and we wouldn't have had Merriman.

Rivers made the Pro Bowl last year. Rivers has not been good thus far this year, giving him one good season and one inconsistent season. I will take that over 4 inconsistent seasons, however, Big Ben has always been my favorite, and I pushed for him before that draft. Also, it is entirely impossible for you to know if we would have had Merriman or not. They used our pick to get him, so one thing is sure... he wouldn't be a Charger today.

Rivers made the Pro Bowl last year. Rivers has not been good thus far this year, giving him one good season and one inconsistent season. I will take that over 4 inconsistent seasons, however, Big Ben has always been my favorite, and I pushed for him before that draft. Also, it is entirely impossible for you to know if we would have had Merriman or not. They used our pick to get him, so one thing is sure... he wouldn't be a Charger today.

We could have used linebackers too.

This is the most ridiculous post I've read yet. You CAN'T throw the ball away twice inside your own 20! No matter what!

It's really no wonder why the whole team didn't want to help him out and play their hearts out, Eli spotted the team 21 points(not to mention the other turnover and bad decisions leading to more points). That, my friend, is straight up depressing and hard to come back from.

THATS the most rediculous post you've ever read!! :LMAO:

I have to agree. I've supported him ad nauseum, but yesterday pretty much used up my patience. Time to take the fucking diapers off this kid.

THATS the most rediculous post you've ever read!! :LMAO:

I meant no offense, but it all starts with the quarterback. If a receiver breaks the wrong way but would have been covered anyway, you don't throw the pass especially directly to the opposing team's DB. He got (and gets) shook easily and tossed the ball...it wasn't necessarily ALL his fault but you can't throw 3 touchdowns (and a 4th that was in our red zone) and spot the team 28 points and expect your team to be behind you. That's on the QB. And it all starts there, like I said...

And you can't continually put your own defense in those positions either, by turning it over. They gave up 13 legitimate points, and held their RB that was supposed to run all over us basically in check.