SportsWrath

Good game Eli, good game.

BlueInCanada

Dave Jennings just said on the radio feed that Manning has got to be more consistent at this point in his career. This is his fourth year and he has to be better than this. Jennings gives him another year....and if he does not elevate to the consistent elite QB that we sought when we got him...then I think the Giants have a problem. I am hoping Eli pulls through this and becomes a very good and consistent QB. Because if he doesn't then the Giants definitely do have a problem.

Ah and here we are, first loss after 6 wins and we're ready to lynch Eli. Fine, good even. I won't make silly predictions about how great he will be, won't bring up the team failured today, won't bring up the coaching blunders. All I'll say is if you watched that game today and thought Eli stunk it up, you'r expectations are too high for this day and age.

Eli played a fine game, who was the guy getting shockey in the game there BlueinCanada?

Whatever, I'll let you all have your day in the sun, crying about Eli is what makes you so happy, so be it. Guess we could try to trade for Peyton or Brady in the offseason, oh, and MvNabb might be available next year. So theres something to look forward to.

Fucking pathetic.

I'm not one to 'blame' Eli for losses or annoint him when we win....but you got to understand that this Giants TEAM has been a middle of the road team (meaning 8-8 and barely making a playoff) for 3 to 4 years STRAIGHT. I am waiting for the jump into the next level, like 9-7 or 10-6 divisional winners.

But VG, are you happy with the way Eli mis managed the clock in the second half? I mean understand that the play clock is facing the QB and if you are a QB and see that you have 3 seconds to run a play....RUN IT or call a t.o.!!!!! But three delay of games?

This shit ALWAYS happens after a bye week. Why???? And WHEN is it gonna stop???? 4 freakin' years of this bullshit! I am patiently waiting for this team to advance to another level....no to be stuck in the "8-8" hole!

I'm not one to 'blame' Eli for losses or annoint him when we win....but you got to understand that this Giants TEAM has been a middle of the road team (meaning 8-8 and barely making a playoff) for 3 to 4 years STRAIGHT. I am waiting for the jump into the next level, like 9-7 or 10-6 divisional winners.

But VG, are you happy with the way Eli mis managed the clock in the second half? I mean understand that the play clock is facing the QB and if you are a QB and see that you have 3 seconds to run a play....RUN IT or call a t.o.!!!!! But three delay of games?

This shit ALWAYS happens after a bye week. Why???? And WHEN is it gonna stop???? 4 freakin' years of this bullshit! I am patiently waiting for this team to advance to another level....no to be stuck in the "8-8" hole!

Randoff, two years ago we were 11-5 and division champs. :confused:

Dave Jennings just said on the radio feed that Manning has got to be more consistent at this point in his career. This is his fourth year and he has to be better than this. Jennings gives him another year....and if he does not elevate to the consistent elite QB that we sought when we got him...then I think the Giants have a problem. I am hoping Eli pulls through this and becomes a very good and consistent QB. Because if he doesn't then the Giants definitely do have a problem.

His brother Peyton Manning (I bet you didn't know that) had high interception

rates in his first 4 years as starter. He didn't win a playoff game until 2003, his

7th year in the league. Were the fans in Indianapolis screaming for his head then?

rates in his first 4 years as starter. He didn't win a playoff game until 2003, his

7th year in the league. Were the fans in Indianapolis screaming for his head then?

I don't know about the fans, but the media sure was questioning his ability to win a playoff, and then when he did, they questioned his ability to beat the pats, and then when he did, they questioned his ability to win the superbowl. We know who had the last laugh there.

Don't ever compare Dave Brown to Eli Manning, if Eli had one arm he'd still be better than

Dave Brown. And Eli Manning is one of the best quarterbacks the Giants have ever had, whether

or not you want to believe it is your choice.

There is no way in hell you can compare that kid with Phil Simms or even Y.A. Tittle. That kid isn't one of the best QB that Giants have ever had up to this point...he has just been better that what we've had recently which really isn't saying much. The kid is no where near the greats at this point in his carrier.

Hell maybe the kid will make me eat my words some day, in fact I hope that kid does. But up to this point he has been an average replacement QB. This last game I've just lost all faith in him ever recovering...but you know crazier things have happened....hell Bush got in for a second term...maybe that kid could make me eat my words.

My bad....but IT does seem like the Giants are stuck in the 'middle' and not above the rest.

And in '04 Manning was a rookie who played the leagues most dominant defenses in a 4 game stretch.

And don't forget how last year half the defense was out and Manning had only Burress/Shockey to throw to.

I really think Steve Smith could've made a difference tonight. We haven't had that 3rd wideout since Manning's been here. We haven't had a defense either. But the kid is supposed to overcome because his last name is Manning and we gave up the bank for him.

There is no way in hell you can compare that kid with Phil Simms or even Y.A. Tittle. That kid isn't one of the best QB that Giants have ever had up to this point...he has just been better that what we've had recently which really isn't saying much. The kid is no where near the greats at this point in his carrier.

Hell maybe the kid will make me eat my words some day, in fact I hope that kid does. But up to this point he has been an average replacement QB. This last game I've just lost all faith in him ever recovering...but you know crazier things have happened....hell Bush got in for a second term...maybe that kid could make me eat my words.

You're a fool. How long have you been a Giant's fan?

Please go take a look at Phil Simms first 4 years in the league.

Then go take a look at Tittles first 4 years in the league.

Then come back here and tell me how the 3 compare. Idiot.

Yes, I can. ;)

It was Bill Parcells who said to Simms "if you don't throw an interception, you aren't doing your job."

If the internet were as prevalent as it is now in 1985, some of us would be hammering Simms back

then too.

You're kidding me right? Go lookup Simms' career stats and win totals through his first 4 years. The look at Eli's.

Blue in Canada, you don't understand...

Eli can do no wrong in the eyes of certain posters. If you ever say ANYTHING bad about Eli, you're on the "Eli hate wagon," because no bad play is ever his fault... but you also can't root for him ever again, or praise him when he has a good game. He is a great QB, and would be in the Pro Bowl every year if he had players around him who were any good... because Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey, Plax Burress, and the entire offensive line have been horrible around here for so long.

It's not Eli's fault... let's remember how badly Peyton played in his fourth year. Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl, let's not forget. Oh yeah, Eli has never had a good running back to hand off to in his career. And one time Eli won a game against Denver in the final two minutes... don't ever forget that. :clap:

Well you damn sure didn't mention the fact that the rest of the TEAM played like shit and made stupid mistakes along with the 'scrawny SOB'.

Or did you? :confused:

I'm with you Nesta. Sure Eli made a few bone-headed mistakes. But truth of the matter is Fucking Romo is barely tossing 20 attempts a game.. and he seems to average what? 50 yards? How about a big wtf to our Pass Defense which is really our weakness.. it was only covered thanks to great pass rush against inferior teams.

Hmmm... did Plax play today? How about matching Owens intensity? Fuck how about showing up when the defender is not 5 8"?

Yes I was upset my team lost.. yes I had to walk outside because I discovered I didn't have advil in the house... But this loss isn't becuase our team sucks balls; it doesn't. Dallas are a great team and we have to respect them for that.

Also, we had bone-headed penalties.. but that happens.. as in.. shit happens.. oh fucking well.

BlueInCanada, I know you said he could've thrown the ball away on some of those sacks... but how about our WRs getting open? Plax ALWAYS disappears in big games. I was ridiculed when I said I didn't mind Owens playing for us after his debacle in Philly.. I was riduclued when I said we should trade Plax for Moss... Randy that is... I was told Dante Stallworth drops the ball frequently when I suggested we needed a 3rd WR...

I said it before and I will say it again, PLAX SUCKS BALLS.

Golf...ya got me wrong there....just reporting what an old Giant said. I go by the QB gets too much credit when a team wins ....and too much blame when they lose tenet. I just hope Eli can pick up the consistency just a little bit. And he is much better than Brown, Kannell, Graham, Collins and/or Warner at this point in his career.

Eli can do no wrong in the eyes of certain posters. If you ever say ANYTHING bad about Eli, you're on the "Eli hate wagon," because no bad play is ever his fault... but you also can't root for him ever again, or praise him when he has a good game. He is a great QB, and would be in the Pro Bowl every year if he had players around him who were any good... because Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey, Plax Burress, and the entire offensive line have been horrible around here for so long.

It's not Eli's fault... let's remember how badly Peyton played in his fourth year. Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl, let's not forget. Oh yeah, Eli has never had a good running back to hand off to in his career. And one time Eli won a game against Denver in the final two minutes... don't ever forget that. :clap:

Unfortunately thats how it is around here.

You're a fool. How long have you been a Giant's fan?

Please go take a look at Phil Simms first 4 years in the league.

Then go take a look at Tittles first 4 years in the league.

Then come back here and tell me how the 3 compare. Idiot.

Let's not even do that. who would anyone rather have? Phillip Rivers? No one mentioned his name leading up to the draft... Ben.. okay.. but he's not that much better than Eli.

Tony Romo isn't really that great.. if my WRs were getting as WIIIIIDE OPEN, I'd be completing every pass too.. shit he was lobbing the ball out there for owens to catch...

You're just as big an idiot as he is. I fault Eli for his mistakes, not everyone's.

Eli could've thrown 5 TD's tonight, but that just would've meant that Romo would've thrown 6.

Unfortunately thats how it is around here.

No it is not how it is. There are quite a few people here who now think Eli sucks.. a very small minority are in the "he can do no wrong category". Other posters, myself included, look at the game and how it unfolded.. we looked at the stupid penalties... we looked at how Dallas just played better than us.. that's all. It doesn't mean we suck.. but if you want to put the whole blame one guy... point it at the guy who took the day off... I'll give you a hint.. he wears #17.

It's time Eli loses the label of potential to be special and is replaced with a decent QB. Because he is one. He does too many dumb things, makes some errant passes, but makes a lot of good throws and some nice reads. All the makings of a decent QB.

I'm dissappointed with what his career has come to be, but I've learned to accept it. You guys will be bothered after his performance every week if you continue to expect #1 play from him. Because you won't get it.

BlueInCanada, I know you said he could've thrown the ball away on some of those sacks... but how about our WRs getting open? Plax ALWAYS disappears in big games. I was ridiculed when I said I didn't mind Owens playing for us after his debacle in Philly.. I was riduclued when I said we should trade Plax for Moss... Randy that is... I was told Dante Stallworth drops the ball frequently when I suggested we needed a 3rd WR...

I said it before and I will say it again, PLAX SUCKS BALLS.

I would of loved to see Stallworth and Moss here but in all honesty we couldn't of gotten them. Imagine Randy Moss sitting there on draft day then and two teams phone him New England and The Giants....who do you think he really wants to be with? New England who every year has a shot at going to the SB or the Giants who have been to the playoffs the last couple years but couldn't win. There was no way in hell less of a first round pick we were getting Moss. I could possibly see Stallworth but once again a decision between us or New England....well you know how it went.

I think we had more needs through the draft then to try to be throwing out picks away.

Not true, the only requirement most of us on the Eli Love Wagon have is that people have some type of thougth process. Eli makes mistakes, yep, makes quite a few of them. But then Tony Romo did throw 5 int's vs one of the worst pass defences in the league, and everyone is currently jerking off to his boyish grin.

Look at any Giants quarterback and tell me who is better through four years.

Does Eli have the charisma of Romo or Favre? Nope

The intensity of Peyton? Uh-uh

What he does have is a division title and back to back playoff appearences to his credit.

Eli's two biggest faults are his last name and the price we paid. He's not what most people expected, but he's better than average and on pace to having a very sucessful career. If his last name were Sephiroth, we'd all be talking about how good he is.

I would of loved to see Stallworth and Moss here but in all honesty we couldn't of gotten them. Imagine Randy Moss sitting there on draft day then and two teams phone him New England and The Giants....who do you think he really wants to be with? New England who every year has a shot at going to the SB or the Giants who have been to the playoffs the last couple years but couldn't win. There was no way in hell less of a first round pick we were getting Moss. I could possibly see Stallworth but once again a decision between us or New England....well you know how it went.

I think we had more needs through the draft then to try to be throwing out picks away.

He was bound by contract to the Raiders. The raiders would've taken Plax over the 4th rd pick NE gave up for him.