SportsWrath

Since it's inevitable

RandolphScott

Eli was bad? I thought it was the receivers who couldn't catch a fucking cold with both hands.

Eli scored the only TD in the game.

Well, I'm talking about as a passer. Eli ain't no Vick.

How about overthrowing his recievers all game and missing Toomer in the endzone? Cleo Lemon was in the same conditions and now the Dolphins are 0-9.

When can Eli have some responsibility? He threw for 59 yards...thank god the Dolphins has Will Allen starting.

Oh come on, that's weak. Yes we won, but against the Dolphins? He was bad in that game and the Giants won in spite of him.

Won in spite of him? So let me get this straight, he did not throw any Int's, the condition were piss poor, his recieves dropped 7 balls yet they won in spite of him? They won, bottom line. A win is a win is a win. Sadly, unhappy moaners like yourself are not happy unless the win resilts in excessive numbers and ESPN highlights.

Won in spite of him? So let me get this straight, he did not throw any Int's, the condition were piss poor, his recieves dropped 7 balls yet they won in spite of him? They won, bottom line. A win is a win is a win. Sadly, unhappy moaners like yourself are not happy unless the win resilts in excessive numbers and ESPN highlights.

Yes, the Defense was good enough to win. I don't see whats the problem with pointing out the Eli can actually have a bad game once and while. The rest of the Giants did pick him up especially Jacobs. He wasn't completing passes. But I guess when it comes to Eli manning we have to show blind homerism. According to you the recievers had a bad game in a win, why can't Eli possibly be responsible too? Cleo Lemon who isn't as talented as Eli played on the same field in the same rain had a better game passing.

Well, I'm talking about as a passer. Eli ain't no Vick.

How about overthrowing his recievers all game and missing Toomer in the endzone? Cleo Lemon was in the same conditions and now the Dolphins are 0-9.

When can Eli have some responsibility? He threw for 59 yards...thank god the Dolphins has Will Allen starting.

Come on. He would've be 15 of 22 if the wrs could've hung on to that sloppy swollen football. Yards don't win football games, and like I said, his TD won the game.

Eli can only be defended for so long.

I like having him as our QB. I think he is one of the better ones in the league. Watching the 9ers game tonight, I realize things could definitely turn out worse with a #1 overall pick at QB.

All I know is, when Eli has been called upon to step up, he's shriveled. He hasn't gotten ideal help, but he hasn't taken over games like we hoped he would when we got him. In the second half last year, when our D was decimated by injuries, that was his time to go "alright, if we're gonna win, it's coming through me" and play over his head. But it didn't happen. He steadily got worse, and otherwise went on to have a decent December. But not enough. The Jacksonville game was really telling.

You can say what you want to about last year, no Amani, top WR has bad attitude, no LT, idiot calling the plays, it's true. But I am getting a little tired of defending him. In due time, I think it's time we drop the potential to be great label and just notice him as a decent QB who puts his team in position to win week in, week out.

I've got no problem doing that either. So far Eli's been a dissappointment. But he's a dissappointment at least 10-15 other teams would kill for.

I like having him as our QB. I think he is one of the better ones in the league. Watching the 9ers game tonight, I realize things could definitely turn out worse with a #1 overall pick at QB.

All I know is, when Eli has been called upon to step up, he's shriveled. He hasn't gotten ideal help, but he hasn't taken over games like we hoped he would when we got him. In the second half last year, when our D was decimated by injuries, that was his time to go "alright, if we're gonna win, it's coming through me" and play over his head. But it didn't happen. He steadily got worse, and otherwise went on to have a decent December. But not enough. The Jacksonville game was really telling.

You can say what you want to about last year, no Amani, top WR has bad attitude, no LT, idiot calling the plays, it's true. But I am getting a little tired of defending him. In due time, I think it's time we drop the potential to be great label and just notice him as a decent QB who puts his team in position to win week in, week out.

I've got no problem doing that either. So far Eli's been a dissappointment. But he's a dissappointment at least 10-15 other teams would kill for.

Last year he had only two people to throw to after Toomer went down. That makes it easy on a defense, and somehow we were still 8th overall in passing TDs. That's not an easy accomplishment considering what we had as an offensive line after Puke fell.

Well glass half full; he isn't a bust.

Yes, the Defense was good enough to win. I don't see whats the problem with pointing out the Eli can actually have a bad game once and while. The rest of the Giants did pick him up especially Jacobs. He wasn't completing passes. But I guess when it comes to Eli manning we have to show blind homerism. According to you the recievers had a bad game in a win, why can't Eli possibly be responsible too? Cleo Lemon who isn't as talented as Eli played on the same field in the same rain had a better game passing.

First off I am not a homer, lets get that straight. Second of all, I did not say he did not havea a bad game. This is a thread about how EVERYTHING is ELi Mannings fault. DId he play well in London? No. Did anyone on offense? Yeah Jacobs and the 5 guys up front. WHat is ELI "responsible" for in that bad win? Normally I would ask you why you have to focus on the negative in a win, but I already know the answer. Eli has had PLENTY of bad games, mybe its just me, but when he plays poorly and they win, I am not going to bitch and moan about it, just like I will not celebrate when he plays well and they lose.

Last year he had only two people to throw to after Toomer went down. That makes it easy on a defense, and somehow we were still 8th overall in passing TDs. That's not an easy accomplishment considering what we had as an offensive line after Puke fell.

He had 15 before Luke and Amani got hurt. He had 9 in the last 8 games.

He played decent, but didn't put his team on his shoulders and literally carried us to victory like he had to down the stretch.

That's not a beef on him, but it shows that he isn't what we thought we'd get out of the #1 pick.

He had 15 before Luke and Amani got hurt. He had 9 in the last 8 games.

He played decent, but didn't put his team on his shoulders and literally carried us to victory like he had to down the stretch.

That's not a beef on him, but it shows that he isn't what we thought we'd get out of the #1 pick.

That's the point. How does a qb carry his team when there's no one to throw to? He's not a Vince Young.

If you expected that, just because he's a number one pick, you weren't being realistic.

OUt of curiosity, how many first picks at qb do you think are in the HOF?

3.. Yep only 3.

That's the point. How does a qb carry his team when there's no one to throw to? He's not a Vince Young.

If you expected that, just because he's a number one pick, you weren't being realistic.

OUt of curiosity, how many first picks at qb do you think are in the HOF?

3.. Yep only 3.

I don't need HOF out of Eli.

Even though he doesn't have consistent production out of his support casts, he has missed throws when he's had guys open too much. That's what bothers me.

You're right, I'm probably expecting too much. But that's what happens when a team gives up a lot for a player and the first overall pick. You expect big things, sometimes unrealistically.

I'm fine if Eli plays like this for the rest of his career.

Even though he doesn't have consistent production out of his support casts, he has missed throws when he's had guys open too much. That's what bothers me.

You're right, I'm probably expecting too much. But that's what happens when a team gives up a lot for a player and the first overall pick. You expect big things, sometimes unrealistically.

Bingo, I lived through the Tommy Maddox/Dave Brown/Danny Kannell/Kent Graham/Mike Cherry

years.

Personally, I was surprised we made the playoffs last year after half the team went down.

And that was the major difference between 05 and 06.

We had the same crappy 26th ranked defense both years, but the injuries didn't pile up til the very end of the season in 05, netting us 11-5 record.

The difference in our offense was minimal dropping from 3rd to 13th.

Personally, I was surprised we made the playoffs last year after half the team went down.

And that was the major difference between 05 and 06.

We had the same crappy 26th ranked defense both years, but the injuries didn't pile up til the very end of the season in 05, netting us 11-5 record.

The difference in our offense was minimal dropping from 3rd to 13th.

Yeah.

Something I thought of that could explain some of the small amount of HOF #1 QBs.

Teams that draft #1 usually do so because of poor front office management. It's not as if after they draft that QB they'll make smart decisions all the time even though there are exceptions. #1 Picks probably aren't around the smartest minds, which means they don't have the proper support cast.

Look at Alex Smith. I don't think he's be a HOFer, but his support cast blows because of crappy management.

You really hit it outta the park with this post. :TU:

I don't hate Eli either, but he is what he is: average and inconsistent. And you're not an "Eli hater" if you point that out.

First off I am not a homer, lets get that straight.

Ok Marge.

jk

Eli had a horrible game in London. Part of it was his fault. definitely not all.

He's had other horrible games.

so has the rest of the team.

Eli is better than average, but not upper echelon. .....yet.

I don't really have great confidence in our receivers as a whole.

They are average. basically average. Quite often they are below average.

Maybe it's their injuries, maybe it is their abilities, maybe in some cases it is their heart.

He has many GOOD games a season. Those would be GREAT games, and no QB churns those out every week. He's had 2 or 3 great games every year.

Hell his first game against Dallas this year was amazing. I beg anyone to state otherwise.

I submit to the jury Tom Brady. Everyone does have a bad game, sure, but we are talking about greatness. That's what we expect from Eli. Why? Because he was a #1 pick overall, we traded a lot to get him, and we are paying elite QB money to him. His play has not matched his salary, therefore we are getting screwed. Sorry, he has not been great. The correct characterization of Eli's play has been "inconsistent". Sorry if we want more in year 4. He has a 78.6 QB rating. Great QB's do better than that.

On a side note, Ben Roethlisberger has a 110.2 QB rating so far this season, and Tony Romo, who half the people on this board says is garbage, has a 103.3 rating. The two guys just ABOVE Eli in QB rating? Jason Campbell and Joey Harrington. Now you may commence with your 500 excuses for him and how he really is great but there are a million and one reasons why he's being held back that are outside of his control while simultaneously ignoring the fact that the other 31 starting QB's in the NFL all have to deal with setbacks and challenges as well. We're all ears.

I submit to the jury Tom Brady. Everyone does have a bad game, sure, but we are talking about greatness. That's what we expect from Eli. Why? Because he was a #1 pick overall, we traded a lot to get him, and we are paying elite QB money to him. His play has not matched his salary, therefore we are getting screwed. Sorry, he has not been great. The correct characterization of Eli's play has been "inconsistent". Sorry if we want more in year 4. He has a 78.6 QB rating. Great QB's do better than that.

On a side note, Ben Roethlisberger has a 110.2 QB rating so far this season, and Tony Romo, who half the people on this board says is garbage, has a 103.3 rating. The two guys just ABOVE Eli in QB rating? Jason Campbell and Joey Harrington. Now you may commence with your 500 excuses for him and how he really is great but there are a million and one reasons why he's being held back that are outside of his control while simultaneously ignoring the fact that the other 31 starting QB's in the NFL all have to deal with setbacks and challenges as well. We're all ears.

Just a heads up. The 2004 draft is over. No take backs. We gave up a lot for Eli and we pay him a lot. Any team that wants him would pay him a lot because he's a good qb.

You could add about 8 points to his rating if you take out the Miami game where all of our wr's took the day off. And it's been said many times that qb rating is the most overrated stat in football. What matters is wins.

Yeah Big Ben's got one more than Eli, but don't even mention Harrington or Campbell. Do you actually believe either of them would net us more wins? That's fucking crazy talk. :brooding:

Here we are 6-3, tied for 3rd in the NFC and people are still bitching about passer rating. Jesus Christ Jesus Christ!!!