SportsWrath

I'm officially in favor of bringing DT Rocky Bernard in

Barens

Maybe so, and it appears the Falcons got a hell of a deal with Colemen, but I'd rather overpay a solid player like Bernard than really overpay a guy like Arrington. You can bet he'll be looking for a contract bigger than Will Witherspoon's. Unfortunetely, after the increase in the salary cap, players like Bernard will be looking for large contracts, but if the demand isn't as great, I sure hope we can get him.

I think it would be a big improvement to our defensive line rotation.

I don't know if I agree with that line of reasoning. Lavar has Pro Bowl ability. Rocky Bernard does not.

You don't invest $40 million in a guy who will "improve the defensive line rotation," the return doesn't justify the cost. There are better deals out there as far as free agent DTs...

I don't know if I agree with that line of reasoning. Lavar has Pro Bowl ability. Rocky Bernard does not.

You don't invest $40 million in a guy who will "improve the defensive line rotation," the return doesn't justify the cost. There are better deals out there as far as free agent DTs...

I never said I wanted to invest $40 million on Bernard, nor do I think any other team will give him that kind of cash. But you can't tell me you would be more comfortable with a guy who may never have that pro bowl ability again. I'm certainly not too comfortable taking a risk on paying Arrington $40 million plus.

I never said I wanted to invest $40 million on Bernard, nor do I think any other team will give him that kind of cash. But you can't tell me you would be more comfortable with a guy who may never have that pro bowl ability again. I'm certainly not too comfortable taking a risk on paying Arrington $40 million plus.

Arrigton wont see 40 million...

*note* Bernard has had 1 good year...that does not even make him worth 30 million let alone 40

Bernard had 1 very good year, and he was part of a defense that was ranked 5th against the run. He was a 5th round pick who's been fighting his way into the starting lineup, and has taken advantage of his opportunities. I certainly think he deserves more money than Fred Robbins.

If Gerard Warren gets $36 million following a season where he had a whopping 19 tackles, Rocky Bernard is gonna get a huge pay-day.

There is nothing to suggest Arrington lost his ability. If I had my choice between giving a $40 million contract to a WLB with Pro Bowl ability when we currently have 0 WLBs, or a DT without Pro Bowl ability while we currently have 4 capable DTs, I'm choosing the former...

Bernard had 1 very good year, and he was part of a defense that was ranked 5th against the run. He was a 5th round pick who's been fighting his way into the starting lineup, and has taken advantage of his opportunities. I certainly think he deserves more money than Fred Robbins.

you dont get it

If Gerard Warren gets $36 million following a season where he had a whopping 19 tackles, Rocky Bernard is gonna get a huge pay-day.

There is nothing to suggest Arrington lost his ability. If I had my choice between giving a $40 million contract to a WLB with Pro Bowl ability when we currently have 0 WLBs, or a DT without Pro Bowl ability while we currently have 4 capable DTs, I'm choosing the former...

exactly

Guest Nutty Sack

Bernard has shown enough to be a starter and deserves the money we have left. You can rotate who ever is left in the other position and give him a breather every now and again.

Oh Keith Hamilton. Where are you when we need you the most??

Apparently, Denver likes what they see in Warren, and considering they were the 2nd ranked rush defense in the league last year, maybe they have a good reason to give him that money. Not to mention being the 3rd pick in the 2001 draft doesn't hurt his status.

Either way, even though Bernard will be looking for that type of money, doesn't necessarily mean he'll get it. And all of our DT's haven't exactly proven to be all that capable.

The last 2 years are enough to suggest that Arrington has lost his pro bowl ability. The fact of the matter is, we just don't know.

Apparently, Denver likes what they see in Warren, and considering they were the 2nd ranked rush defense in the league last year, maybe they have a good reason to give him that money. Not to mention being the 3rd pick in the 2001 draft doesn't hurt his status.

Either way, even though Bernard will be looking for that type of money, doesn't necessarily mean he'll get it. And all of our DT's haven't exactly proven to be all that capable.

The last 2 years are enough to suggest that Arrington has lost his pro bowl ability. The fact of the matter is, we just don't know.

If there are teams willing to pay that much for Warren and Kemoeatu, then there will definitely be teams ready to give Bernard a big pay day. I don't his play justifies the money he is due to earn.

LaVar was injured for most of 2004, and he didn't crack the starting line-up until mid-way through 2005. His ability has not suffered, now that he is healthy...