SportsWrath

Report cards are in

jerseygiantfan

Nice, we got an A.

I would like everyone who thinks that The Miami game was a horrible game and were dissapointed with the Giants effort(when really, it was poor cond's), to notice what they put on, of all teams...the cowgirls. :rolleyes:

"a sign of great teams is winning when you dont play your best"

See, we had poor cond's to deal with, thats why we played not so great. The girls just outright sucked against Buf.

Oh yeah, and they werent too sharp against Minny.

The Giants have not exactly played a complete game. The defense has been phenomenal these past 6 games but the offense has been highly inconsistent.

The Cowboys have played pretty well and you are really undervaluing them as a team.

Screw em as a team. They struggled against Buf and Minny(yes Minny, dont be fooled by the end score).

They have a bad D, an even worse secondary, no receivers worth a crap besides T.O, and even he drops everything and a crappy coach. He's just benefitting from a soft schedule thus far. Theyre losing the next to, mark my words.

Screw em as a team. They struggled against Buf and Minny(yes Minny, dont be fooled by the end score).

They have a bad D, an even worse secondary, no receivers worth a crap besides T.O, and even he drops everything and a crappy coach. He's just benefitting from a soft schedule thus far. Theyre losing the next to, mark my words.

Obviously i hope you're right, but in good conscience, you cannot say they benifitted from a soft schedule and not bring up our own at this point. They struggled with Buffalo, we struggled with Miami. Again, until we beat them, the best thing we can do is wait and see.

Obviously i hope you're right, but in good conscience, you cannot say they benifitted from a soft schedule and not bring up our own at this point. They struggled with Buffalo, we struggled with Miami. Again, until we beat them, the best thing we can do is wait and see.

Yeah we struggled against Miami because the field (if you can even call it that) was shitty. We played them in Miami and it would have been a blow out. what has happened to the Giants fans? are you trying reverse psychology? Saying bad things things about our beloved team in hopes it will spark us to kill the Cowboys? I guess you can do whatever you like but I love this team and I KNOW we will take down Dallas.

what has happened to the Giants fans?

Personally I am tempering myself because I was burned last year by their 6-2 start and getting psyched about the team only to watch in agony as they flopped in the second half. And believe me I am well aware of all the signs that point to that not happening again. And I am certainly not holding them 100% accountable for what happened in London.

But I am not going to go and start bashing a team we lost to (even if it was first game of season) because they won games in a shaky manner. I am not going to hype my team only to have my hopes dashed for the third time. And I am not going to ignore the fact that Eli is slowing down again and we are winning by playing tough defense and with a strong running game.

Yeah we struggled against Miami because the field (if you can even call it that) was shitty. We played them in Miami and it would have been a blow out. what has happened to the Giants fans? are you trying reverse psychology? Saying bad things things about our beloved team in hopes it will spark us to kill the Cowboys? I guess you can do whatever you like but I love this team and I KNOW we will take down Dallas.

The field would be a fair argument, if we were the only team playing on it. Fact is we're a running team that basically refused to run. I'll blame the field on some of the bad throws and things of that nature, but it wasn't the ice bowl, both teams had the same equipment on.

I feel like I'm that guy in the ESPN commercial....."Did you just question my fandom in front of the ladies?" Anytime someone says anything that isn't 100 % blue, we're not as good a fans as we should be. I don't think I've ever been accused of not being a big enough Homer, but oh well.

I never said i thought Dallas was better than us, i said until we beat them, we don't have bragging rights. But i guess you better get me a Cowboys helmet anyway, because apparently i'm switching sides.

I was the only one here lobbying to bring Randy Moss into New York. Oakland would've been more than happy with Plax. Moss is an amazing receiver and no one else comes close.

Plax? Shit, NE got him for a 4th round pick, we could have gave them that and had both Plax and Moss.

But NY just isn't big enough for both of them.

:clap::clap::clap:

:worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy:

Tell em jersey. People act like Miami didnt struggle on that field.

So what you're saying is, Miami struggled, but we still barely beat them?

Yeah, of course. We both struggled. Great teams are just that because they win when they struggle. The point Im trying to make, is you can clearly see why we struggled, but why did Dallas struggle against a crappy Bills team in perfect cond's?

Yeah, of course. We both struggled. Great teams are just that because they win when they struggle. The point Im trying to make, is you can clearly see why we struggled, but why did Dallas struggle against a crappy Bills team in perfect cond's?

But, Miami was 0-7, they played a bad game, and we only won by 3?

Good grief, there something wrong with saying Dallas are a good team. Face facts, they are.

OOPS, I'm a bad Giants fan, because saying good things about other teams somehow PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A GOOD GIANT FAN. :confused:

Here's another bulletin guys, in 2 weeks, even if we beat Dallas at home, these power rankings may still say Dallas is a better team in the long haul. :o

The Bills are not as crappy as you suggest. In fact, going to Buffalo on Dec 24th is not my idea of a soft game.

The Bills are not as crappy as you suggest. In fact, going to Buffalo on Dec 24th is not my idea of a soft game.

It's my idea of a soft game. I'm not saying you're a bad fan because you are questioning every move the Giants make or don't make or the fact you are praising every other team in the NFL, I'm just wondering why if you are such a "fan" you are throwing the team to the wolves already. As far as I'm concerned the only "tough" teams we have to beat are Dallas and the Pats, everything else is cake. Yeah we didn't look great against Miami (Miami didn't look good either but according to you guys it's expected of them cause they suck) The field had alot to do with it and the fact our guys are tired. so we are back in the good ol US of A and we have a bye. It will be ok and The G-men are gonna be ok too. If you want to sit in the back of the Fan bus until you decide whether you want to support this team through good and bad go right ahead, but I will be in the front.

It's my idea of a soft game. I'm not saying you're a bad fan because you are questioning every move the Giants make or don't make or the fact you are praising every other team in the NFL, I'm just wondering why if you are such a "fan" you are throwing the team to the wolves already. As far as I'm concerned the only "tough" teams we have to beat are Dallas and the Pats, everything else is cake. Yeah we didn't look great against Miami (Miami didn't look good either but according to you guys it's expected of them cause they suck) The field had alot to do with it and the fact our guys are tired. so we are back in the good ol US of A and we have a bye. It will be ok and The G-men are gonna be ok too. If you want to sit in the back of the Fan bus until you decide whether you want to support this team through good and bad go right ahead, but I will be in the front.

Back of the fan bus? When did I ever say anything bad about the Giants? Who am i praising? i said until we beat Dallas, we cannot brag about being the best team.

They beat us, they have a better record. Until we beat them, they have bragging rights. Thats a simple concept. You simply cannot get beat by a team in week one, then 7 weeks down the road look at the records and say even though you beat us and have a better record than us, we're the better team.

It isn't pro Dallas or anti NY, it's common sence.

Why do you consider Dallas a tough game, but not Buffalo or Minny?

Back of the fan bus? When did I ever say anything bad about the Giants? Who am i praising? i said until we beat Dallas, we cannot brag about being the best team.

They beat us, they have a better record. Until we beat them, they have bragging rights. Thats a simple concept. You simply cannot get beat by a team in week one, then 7 weeks down the road look at the records and say even though you beat us and have a better record than us, we're the better team.

It isn't pro Dallas or anti NY, it's common sence.

Why do you consider Dallas a tough game, but not Buffalo or Minny?

Case #1

Case #2

I'm not saying we don't have a chance of losing on any given sunday but I'm a fan and I'd rather look at it as we can win on any given sunday.

and PS. I wasn't really talking to you hunny!

Case #1

Case #2

I'm not saying we don't have a chance of losing on any given sunday but I'm a fan and I'd rather look at it as we can win on any given sunday.

and PS. I wasn't really talking to you hunny!

OK, but still, if Dallas is nobody, why are they making the tough game list and not the other 2 teams?

Of course we can win any given Sunday, i never said i thought Dallas would beat us, or Buffalo or Minny or anything. I said we can't say we're better than Dallas,,,,,,yet.

PS - I gotta stick up for my boy Boo. :P

Case #1

Case #2

I'm not saying we don't have a chance of losing on any given sunday but I'm a fan and I'd rather look at it as we can win on any given sunday.and PS. I wasn't really talking to you hunny!

Exactly, I couldnt agree more jersey. I mean VG, I hear what youre saying on the "common sense" part. OK, OK, they beat us and until we beat them we dont go ahead in the rankings....blah, blah, blah. I want to look at it like, "we barely lost a shootuot, our D has stepped it up and we are killing inferioir opponents not in London :P , seriously, we are clicking on both sides of the ball. Were gonna stomp Dallas when we play again!"

Isnt that what its all about. If I wanna be logical, Ill go to math class.

It isn't pro Dallas or anti NY, it's common sense.

And being "at the front of the bus" right now would be pure homerism as I see it. Just because we are defending Dallas being the #1 NFC team right now doesn't mean we think we can't beat them, the facts are they are the best right now statistically and have beaten us once so far.

Jersey, I love ya but WTF????

Want me to go back and find the post I wrote in preseason, where I said the Giants have the capability to win the NFC East?

Let's not get so out of focus here, where being objective is considered less of a Giants fan. And let's be realistic here, until we can show otherwise, every game the rest of the season for the Giants needs to be considered a big game, no exceptions. The last few years have shown that. That's not throwing a team to the Wolves. This is not a Jets fan you're talking to.

And being "at the front of the bus" right now would be pure homerism as I see it. Just because we are defending Dallas being the #1 NFC team right now doesn't mean we think we can't beat them, the facts are they are the best right now statistically and have beaten us once so far.

then call me homer