SportsWrath

How are the foreskins signing their free agents?

RUDIJOHNSON

I was thinking the same thing. WTF? They are the most over the cap yet they sign Randle El? hu

That's a good question. Arrington leaving was big and Brunell restructered, but other than that I'm not sure how they are doing it.

Yeah, I'd really like to know how exactly the Redskins do this. It's nothing new because they do it every year, but I'd like to know this year specifically how they're managing to be over the cap and continue to dish out fat contracts.

Where did Aarongton go? I have been out of the loop for some time.

Hasn't signed anywhere yet, but has mentioned publicly that he wants to remain in the NFC East and he does not want to play for the Cowboys. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that leaves the Eagles and Giants. And the Eagles just signed Shawn Barber (to play along Dhani Jones and Jeremiah Trotter). Arrington has visited the team already, so many are thinking that it's only a matter of time.

The salary cap elevating to it's current figure has helped the Skins a lot. They won't need to cut nearly as many players as what was originally estimated.

I still think the QB situation will be their undoing.

The cap swelled much higher than teams expected this year. Most teams have money to spend. After coming to an agreement with Arrington the Skins saved just under 5 mil. Then they restructured several contracts, including Brunell. The Skins are giving huge signing bonuses but they're also writing long contracts. By doing this the cap hit gets spread out longer but isn't as high year to year. It's a bit of a crazy way of doing things but when the owner has deep pockets and doesn't care ow much he's spending it's an effective way of operating under the cap.