SportsWrath

The Britts are

Lughead

The Brits are more knowledgeable about american football (as they call it) than most other foriegn countries...they should be ASHAMED of worshipping a giant Jason Taylor representing an 0-7 Miami Dolphins. If this was a game held in Spunknolia I could understand, but England was one of (if not THE) first European countries to even show the Superbowl on TV back in the early 80's. I am sure things would be different if Maggie Thatcher was still in power, she was a giant amongst men. Rule Britannia and GO Geeeeeeeeeee-Men.

The Brits are more knowledgeable about american football (as they call it) than most other foriegn countries...they should be ASHAMED of worshipping a giant Jason Taylor representing an 0-7 Miami Dolphins. If this was a game held in Spunknolia I could understand, but England was one of (if not THE) first European countries to even show the Superbowl on TV back in the early 80's. I am sure things would be different if Maggie Thatcher was still in power, she was a giant amongst men. Rule Britannia and GO Geeeeeeeeeee-Men.

Ive always thought that because of the relationship between the US and GB, and NFL Europe, that they would know something about football. But if they do know about American football, here my question:

Why the heck did the announcer have to explain what a SACK was??

It goes both ways. I was watching NFL Network and they were discussing the Dolphins training at the London Wasps Rugby Club (great team btw). He said it was great because they were getting back to Rugby basics like tackling and blocking. BLOCKING IS A PENALTY IN RUGBY.

Ive always thought that because of the relationship between the US and GB, and NFL Europe, that they would know something about football. But if they do know about American football, here my question:

There's a decent following but it's still very much a minority sport. There's lots of people who know what the game is but not much about it. I'm sure there's lots of people in the States who don't know what a sack is either.

There's a decent following but it's still very much a minority sport. There's lots of people who know what the game is but not much about it. I'm sure there's lots of people in the States who don't know what a sack is either.

True, and most of those have vaginas.

cause they thought it was something you put your tatoes in when you are at the market

The Commish said they could have sold the game out nine times based on the number of ticket requests. There was interest all right.

It seems like there is interest, but how clueless they are is surprising to me. They had to have sacks explained to them, they were blowin whistles DURING the game, and they would cheer for the most unimportant things. (i.e. screens that gained 2-3 yds, a run up the middle that got stopped at the LOS, etc) :huh:

I know the NFL felt an obligation to play the Star Spangled Banner before the Dolphins-Giants game at Wembley, but it felt a little weird watching all those Brits sit patiently through an anthem that tells of our soldiers' bravery while enduring a bombing assault from English forces. No matter: Jocelyn Brown did an inspired version of a hard-to-nail song, and Paul Potts (winner of the UK's version of 'America's Got Talent') brought the heat while belting out "God Save The Queen" (no, not the Sex Pistols' version referenced below in "Trippin' On E"). I also thought it was a little bizarre that the sound system blared Led Zeppelin's "The Immigrant Song" ("We come from the land of the ice and snow…") as Miami charged onto the field, but far be it from me to question the tune that started it all for one of the greatest bands of all time.

LOL I told you they were mixed up

they had a Giant Dolphin and the Dolphins coming from some place where it snows :P

LOL I told you they were mixed up

they had a Giant Dolphin and the Dolphins coming from some place where it snows :P

LOL!!

Another thing, did Osi do something to piss off London? Because, hes the only one from there, and I heard very little about him.

It seems like there is interest, but how clueless they are is surprising to me. They had to have sacks explained to them, they were blowin whistles DURING the game, and they would cheer for the most unimportant things. (i.e. screens that gained 2-3 yds, a run up the middle that got stopped at the LOS, etc) :huh:

You do realise that most were cheering for the Dolphins, right?

The 'sacks explained to them' bit has very little to do with those who had tickets. If there was a pro rugby game played in New York I bet the media would prattle on about a million different points that were obvious to even casual fans of the sport.