SportsWrath

Thoughts on the battle of New York in New Jersey

boohyah

First off, we should sit Aaron Ross for 3 quarters next week so he can have 3 interceptions!. Seriously, the Ross situation has been a pleasant surprise, 2 games starting, 2 games he played well. We can only hope he continues. However the fact that we had 3 int's yesterday should be tempered with the fact that Pennington made some awful decisions yesterday. I've always thought Pennington was decent, but boy are the Jets fucked if they have to go downfield because he flat out can't do it. Ross and Madison gave up on the wideout going deep to break in on the ball being thrown over the middle. The Jets o-line did well yesterday considering how pumped we were coming off the Eagle game, especially Ferguson. Was disappointed with the throws over the middle and how much room Baker and Cotchery seemed to get. I feel Wilson has been playing fine but Butler is stlll behind the curve and they didn't get great help from Mitchell or Pierce.

Forget stats, the offensive line ran the show yesterday. We knew the Jets had a poor front line but boy did the Giants highlight it. Jets linebackers were busy yesterday. 153 yards on the ground is nice and it was good to see us not panic in the 3rd quarter down by 2 scores. I don't go back on my previous comments about Ward being the starter, but if Jacobs gets 100 yards a game then fuck my words. Still, when Jacobs runs you still think, well he runs upright and he's always getting nicked up. Ward IMO has shown a better running style. What I'm saying is they need to keep giving Ward at least 10 - 15 carries a game because I get the feeling Jacobs is going to get hurt again this season. By the way, Tom, please, please, please, 2 minutes to go and up by eleven with the ball and Jacobs is still running the ball, after just getting back is it worth the risk of having him in there and Droughans on the bench, that should never have been a consideration. Hasn't that shit gotten us in trouble before?

Plaxico leads the league in TD's with 7, can you imagine what he'd do if he was involved for a full game. Seriously if he keeps this up, he should be considered for a pro bowl slot, despite his rep. Toomer catching no passes isn't good. And Sinorice caught a pass downfield............SINORICE CAUGHT A PASS!!!!. Brought back memories of the day Tim Carter caught a pass.

The good thing about Eli this year is that from a leadership standpoint, he's definitely come on. It was good to see him pick it up in the 2nd half. I really want this kid to become the man. People have said I'm too down on Eli, but I'm really looking to judge him later this year between games 9-16, because that's where he has stalled in previous years. I really want him to prove me wrong, I'd be stoked if he does.

Very disheartening to see Leon Washington run down the center of the filed through a gap so big a plane could have flown through it!. If you want to pick up a Jets good point, it's that they seemed to have good special teams every year, perhaps we can steal away their coach. By the way, Tynes didn't make mistakes on his extra points which has nice, but I nearly flew off the couch when I saw his bullshit attempt to tackle Washington and instead wiping out I believe Mc Quarters, who had gotten an angle on him. Then to piss me off further, he lay on the ground and looked back instead of getting up. I swear he fucks up once a week and for a kicker he's not worth the aggro. I can't believe I said he was a nice pickup. :brooding:

Can't say too much about the future coach of the year, but he got a little bit giddy throwing those red flags and it's hard to see how he couldn't have gotten better advise from upstairs. I didn't like Jacobs in there late, but I give him kudos on the Ross sitting, because it's important these guys learn now to follow rules.

Broadcasting note: I usually hate CBS unless it Simms and nantz, because I always expect fucking Jerry Glanville to show up. But Randy Cross does a nice job picking out stuff you don't normally pay attention to like blocking. Pity he's stuck with Dick Enberg, who calls every sport the same dull, going through the motions way.

Time to beat on some Falcons baby.

Jet fans are the biggest losers I have ever met. They were so loud and so obnoxious all game and it was funny to see them how they acted by the 4th quarter. It was "thank you please come again, you can cheer next week".

As for the game, it was like the Giants said "We want to try and work on these things and run a spread offense" when it did not work it was like "ok time for our talent to just overwhelm you".

The Giants are so much better than the Jets its not even compareable. Mangenius :LMAO:

This teams run game can be punishing when they want it to be. The positive yards play in and play out are such a plus.

Aaron Ross and Kiwi look like 2 straight first rounders on defense that actually can play. WHat a novel thing.

Guess we will not be 2-14, probably 3-13 I suppose <_<

How could it have been McQuarters he took out if McQuarters was chasing Washington at the end of the play? Whoever Tynes took out wasn't down at the other end of the field at the end of the play.

Lubeck, I did say I thought it was McQuarters, I wasn't sure. Who was it?. Corey Webster?. You know Corey is always chasing.

D was very impressive. making me eat my words. I just wish the offense would show a little frickin consistency. I think that mainly has to do with playcalling though. The Oline is sick. Just run the ball 75% of the time and we'll be fine. I've been waiting for the power running game to resurface for the last 15 years. I love it. THAT is how you win championships.

Lubeck, I did say I thought it was McQuarters, I wasn't sure. Who was it?. Corey Webster?. You know Corey is always chasing.

Yeah...my bad I thought it was McQuarters....anyway it looked like a defensive back; the main thing was that Tynes picked his own guy.

Special Teams defending kickoff returns has been a problem all season and needs to be addressed. As Giants fans know, left un-addressed, these things tend to bite us in the butt at the worst times.

Also, our KO returns are pedestrian at best. Against good teams, you cannot afford to give up +20 in field position on kickoffs.

Boo, Jacobs needs to be in there late. He will be most effective after the defense wears down.

Not with 2 minutes to go and the game is won, absolutely not. They kept him in to get 100 yards IMO, let's not keep wasting Reuben Droughans on the sideline. Any chance to keep Jacobs off the field and not have him possibly get banged up to me makes sense. Plus the idea of having Jacobs is to wear the defense down, not have him in there after they are worn down. Between Jacobs and Ward and the offensive line on Sunday did a good job taking the wind out of the Jets sails. With 2-3 minutes to go on Sunday the Jets were a beaten team, you could see it in their body language.

Not with 2 minutes to go and the game is won, absolutely not. They kept him in to get 100 yards IMO, let's not keep wasting Reuben Droughans on the sideline. Any chance to keep Jacobs off the field and not have him possibly get banged up to me makes sense. Plus the idea of having Jacobs is to wear the defense down, not have him in there after they are worn down. Between Jacobs and Ward and the offensive line on Sunday did a good job taking the wind out of the Jets sails. With 2-3 minutes to go on Sunday the Jets were a beaten team, you could see it in their body language.

I dont think Coughlin really cared wether or not Jacobs got 100 yards, as long as the game is won. I agree though that there is no reason to play him in garbage time. To me though, after the defense wears down, that makes a player like Jacobs unstopable. Especialy with Ward helping to keep Jacobs rested during the game.