SportsWrath

The Most Amazing Comment Yet on OSI

BleedinBlue

I was watching the post-game show last night and my jaw dropped after hearing a comment by John Madden. Madden was almost at a complete loss for words as he looked down and shook his head trying to think. He said that, "the performance tonight by Umenyiora was the most dominating performance by a defensive player he had ever seen in his career". Madden named off a half dozen players that are defensive hall of famers (including LT, etc) and continued to shake his head saying, "those guys were the greatest defensive players in the history of the game and none of them ever put together a performance in a single game like this - not that he could remember". He said that Osi single handedly took out the Eagles.

That's some pretty amazing accolades coming from a man who has been in football for decades and has probably witnessed 1000's of NFL games over a 50 year period.

------------------------

Interestingly, Tiki looked very uncomfortable as the broadcast analysts probed him to talk about how good the Giants played. Watching Tiki squirm as he "sorta" heaped praise on the Giants was worth that alone by staying up to watch the post game show.

-------------------------

The unfortunate side effect of Osi's great game is that it overshadowed some other great defensive players: Kiwanuka (5 solo tackles / 2 asst tackles / 3 sacks), Tuck (6 solo tackles / 1 asst tackle / 2 sacks), not to mention Gibril's 10 solos / 1 asst and Pierces solid night.

------------------------

Interestingly, Tiki looked very uncomfortable as the broadcast analysts probed him to talk about how good the Giants played. Watching Tiki squirm as he "sorta" heaped praise on the Giants was worth that alone by staying up to watch the post game show.

-------------------------

i didn't see that at all. in fact, i'm surprised at how at ease he seems in this role. (the today show is another story entirely, he's embarrassing himself). he comes prepared and he's able to talk intelligently on all subjects. definitely surpasses the bus and just about anyone on CBS.

i didn't see that at all. in fact, i'm surprised at how at ease he seems in this role. (the today show is another story entirely, he's embarrassing himself). he comes prepared and he's able to talk intelligently on all subjects. definitely surpasses the bus and just about anyone on CBS.

Fair is fair, Tiki handled himself fine when it's pretty obvious they were fishing for him to say something imflammatory.

Every time Madden does a game there's a statement along the lines of 'this is the best....I've ever seen'. I'm not taking anything away from Osi's game, but most dominant ever? I wouldn't go there.

Probably because he is senile and rambles on and on (Caliendo does a good Madden).

About Tiki, he's probably angry that people keep asking him about the Giants all the time. I am sure he would like to give opinions on other teams too. Most of it is his fault for starting it but every time there was commercial for this game they always mentioned that Tiki would be giving an opinion.

Probably because he is senile and rambles on and on (Caliendo does a good Madden).

About Tiki, he's probably angry that people keep asking him about the Giants all the time. I am sure he would like to give opinions on other teams too. Most of it is his fault for starting it but every time there was commercial for this game they always mentioned that Tiki would be giving an opinion.

:huh::huh:

LOL....I knew this would happen.Now people are starting to see that Tiki wasnt as self centered as they thought. :rolleyes: His fault for starting it??? People asked him about the Giants, he answered and was a scumbag. People are asking him about the Giants, he wants to talk about other teams, and he's a good broadcaster? People, Tiki never did anything but speak the truth on what he was asked.

People, Tiki never did anything but speak the truth on what he was asked.

Jeez do we need to make this clear to you AGAIN? The comments people ragged on him about were interpreted as being over the line, calling your former QBs leadership comical and bashing the coach who saved your career. They were unnecessary and showed a complete lack of respect for the people who helped him become what he is today.

Jeez do we need to make this clear to you AGAIN? The comments people ragged on him about were interpreted as being over the line, calling your former QBs leadership comical and bashing the coach who saved your career. They were unnecessary and showed a complete lack of respect for the people who helped him become what he is today.

Trying to explain this to him is along the lines of playing Mozart for a deaf person, they just are not gonna get it.

Ditto & I thought he looked uncomfortable too last night. I don't know why?

Ditto & I thought he looked uncomfortable too last night. I don't know why?

Maybe because they shove two big NFL backs plus Collinsworth behind a tiny table. I love how we can see Keith and Bob behind them during those shots so we know they aren't goofing off when off-camera.

Maybe because they shove two big NFL backs plus Collinsworth behind a tiny table. I love how we can see Keith and Bob behind them during those shots so we know they aren't goofing off when off-camera.

Keith Olberman is dead to me after he brought up "The Fumble" last night.

:huh::huh:

LOL....I knew this would happen.Now people are starting to see that Tiki wasnt as self centered as they thought. :rolleyes: His fault for starting it??? People asked him about the Giants, he answered and was a scumbag. People are asking him about the Giants, he wants to talk about other teams, and he's a good broadcaster? People, Tiki never did anything but speak the truth on what he was asked.

OOPS! Sorry, wrong subject. :unsure: I wont bring up Tiki on Sir Osi's thread.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.