SportsWrath

6-2 going into the BYE

so-cal dub

The Giants defense has a good run in 2005 (Did not allow a touchdown for several quarters) and last year (with the whole ballin' thing) they could be doing the same shit this year and of course become inconsistent again. We're obviously not going to get 12 sacks a game, but Spags scheme is very different from Lewis' and I think under him this defense has a better chance at being consistent. I've never seen the Giants blitz so much in a long time so unlike 2005 and 2006 where it was probably the players getting hot despite the cover 0 prevent Tim Lewis ran, I think last night the scheme actually helped.

I said this in the game thread and I'll repeat it here, the 6 good quarters of football this team has had coincidentally are the same 6 quarters that Webster has been benched and Ross has started. We blitzed a lot last night and a good deal of those sacks last night were coverage sacks because Ross had to be doing his job. As I was watching the game I found myself watching almost exclusively the Giants front seven being shown on screen and very little of the secondary. They don't cut to the secondary unless you pass, and if you pass generally speaking someone is open to a certain degree. Ross and Madison must be doing a good job...I know I saw both involved in some good pass defense a few times and I know Ross made some good plays in particular, batting away at least one pass. Plus he looked fired up, something I can't say I have ever seen Webster be.

The key for us this is year is to be a step ahead of the game. Offenses are going to adjust to what we did against the Eagles last night, if we do that a lot then we'll get crushed.

I would tone down the blitzes a lot more for the Jets game, or pennington will dink and dunk us to death and Leon washington will get a ton of yards on screens.

This team does have the capability to fly to the ball and sack the QB. A front 4 of Tuck, Kiwanuka, Strahan, and Osi is unbelievable in passing downs. But if they decided to use some power running, who knows what wouldve happened. I don't like the matchup of Shawn Andrews on Kiwanuka on running plays.

Osi said that he would run through a brick wall for Spags. It's apparent they love playing for this guy.

I said this in the game thread and I'll repeat it here, the 6 good quarters of football this team has had coincidentally are the same 6 quarters that Webster has been benched and Ross has started. We blitzed a lot last night and a good deal of those sacks last night were coverage sacks because Ross had to be doing his job. As I was watching the game I found myself watching almost exclusively the Giants front seven being shown on screen and very little of the secondary. They don't cut to the secondary unless you pass, and if you pass generally speaking someone is open to a certain degree. Ross and Madison must be doing a good job...I know I saw both involved in some good pass defense a few times and I know Ross made some good plays in particular, batting away at least one pass. Plus he looked fired up, something I can't say I have ever seen Webster be.

I agree wholeheartedly. Webster being benched is a great thing. Not only because he got burned, but because we got someone who can actually cover. It makes such a huge difference with the pass rush.

we have to remember the Eagles were seriously hurting personnel wise...like 4 or 5 of their key players were injured, and Brian Westbroook being out seriously hampers that offense. Their defense held us to under 10 points with our offense stalling and making mistakes all along the way. Not to mention, special teams still sucks and the defense can't do that well against every team.

We have things to fix still.

we have to remember the Eagles were seriously hurting personnel wise...like 4 or 5 of their key players were injured, and Brian Westbroook being out seriously hampers that offense. Their defense held us to under 10 points with our offense stalling and making mistakes all along the way. Not to mention, special teams still sucks and the defense can't do that well against every team.

We have things to fix still.

Well it's easier to get things fixed when you're winning, at least.

The Giants have scared me throughout my life - There has never been a so called "safe" game in my mind besides the Cardinals... With that said, I feel the best I have in years about this game. We're too fast on defense for the Jets. The front 4,5, 7 whatever spags wants to do with it are gunna be pressuring Chad relentlessly. On the offensive side I don't see them containing Plax

The Giants have scared me throughout my life - There has never been a so called "safe" game in my mind besides the Cardinals... With that said, I feel the best I have in years about this game. We're too fast on defense for the Jets. The front 4,5, 7 whatever spags wants to do with it are gunna be pressuring Chad relentlessly. On the offensive side I don't see them containing Plax

You know, its not really like that with the Cards, like everyone usually thinks. I know when you think of "easy teams to beat", they are right up there. But Ive lived in AZ for about 15 years now, almost the life of the AZ(used to be Phx) Cardinals. And although we have the edge in head to head matchup, I can think of at least 3 losses within the last 5 years.

But I get what youre saying. The Jets dont have a chance.

You know, its not really like that with the Cards, like everyone usually thinks. I know when you think of "easy teams to beat", they are right up there. But Ive lived in AZ for about 15 years now, almost the life of the AZ(used to be Phx) Cardinals. And although we have the edge in head to head matchup, I can think of at least 3 losses within the last 5 years.

But I get what youre saying. The Jets dont have a chance.

There's no way we played them 3 times in the last 3 years...once maybe...

There's no way we played them 3 times in the last 3 years...once maybe...

I just shot off the 5 yr thing, let me see, its more like out of the last 5 meetings, I believe theyve won 3, but Id have to check. My point was, they are not the automatic W that they should be. Even when they were crap(which is pretty much always) theyd beat us.

You hear the commentary yesterday when the game was in hand?

" Giants facing some struggling teams for the next few weeks. they could be looking at 6-2 at the BYE."

:TU:

right now they need to focus on beating the Falcons. If you start looking weeks ahead you are toast in this league. Hell we are in 3rd place in our division right now. Just make sure they win this week in Atl.