SportsWrath

Looking ahead to 2008

xxi-xxv

In reality somone should pay the price for this debacle. Omar did an awful job assembling this pitching staff and specifically bullpen and Willie has managed like his team has played the last 3 weeks, like a deer in headlights. But cooler heads will prevail, plus the Wilpons are cheap and will not want to pay Willie nearly 6 mil they owe him to sit home and do commentary on the YES network.

So, who stays who goes?

The core is still there, Wright struggled for long long time and fought through it. He is this teams leader and no doubt the face of the franchise.

Jose Reyes? The bloom is off the flower. Its time to see less dancing when the score is 4-0 Mets in the 3rd and more hitting when its opponent 5 Mets 4 in the 7th. Time to tone down the act. Its clear opponents find him annoying, as qute frankly so do I. Start acting like you been there.

Beltran and Delgado will return.

Jose Castillo? Why bother, bad knees, not much pop and a bad kneed 2B with no pop is of no use when they cannot run.

Alou? He has to come back, hopefully you get the 100 games and he hits the snot out of the ball in those 100 games.

Goners.

LoDuca, enough is enough with this whiner. Kills Milledge for acting LIKE HE DOES. Calls out spanish teammated to speak more, plus he is as usefull with a man in scoring position as the pitcher. (see that DP that just happened? :LMAO: )

Glavine, its time. He has the 300, he used the Mets, we used him time to move on.

Heilman, never the same after game 7 of the NLCS, wants to start. Time to cut the ties

Wagner. my disgust for this man gets greater as the losses mount. He is a bad teammate, a whiner and quite frankly never comes up big when it counts. No one will take that salary, so the chances of him leaving are slim. He will be here for the same reasons that Willie will, the Wilpons will not pay for him to blow games someplace else.

Shawn Green, he might be the oldest 33 in the majors, he was decent this year, but its time to move on.

Rickey Henderson, why in gods name this man was named a COACH of this team is beyond me. COaches must work, and Rickey never worked. Mind boggling that he is here.

Really a sad ending to 2007, but things are not totally lost. With a good offseason unlike 2007 and some key signings or trades this team can get right back at it and actually stay in 1st place all year.

Couldn't agree more about Rickey. He's nothing but a show.

We're stuck with Billy and I can't see anyway we cut ties with Heilman considering he's been our only real guy there the last two years. We don't have the luxury of getting rid of him.

Mariano for closer? :ph34r:

Anyone have a list of upcoming FAs?

Coincedence that Reyes start looking and playing lazy in the field right about the time Rickey is hired as a "coach". (By Omar I might add)

That's another reason Willie is hamstringed. He isn't even allowed to have his own coaches. I'm sure there are coaches he wouldn't part with ie. Bench coach, pithcing coach and 3rd base coach, cut who knows what he would do if ownership actually showed some confidence in him.

Bily Wagner can set up MO, I like that idea. Although the Yankees will NEVER EVER EVER let Mo go.

The more realistic Yankee hispanic is Posada. If the Yanks resign Arod for the 30 mil/year he will command and Mariano for the 12-15 he will get there just might not be enough coin there for Posada. I could see this happening as Omar loves guys named Jorge and Willie and he have a history. I believe that Jorge would be a great influence on the young spanish players and would act more professional than our current jackass catcher.

Bily Wagner can set up MO, I like that idea. Although the Yankees will NEVER EVER EVER let Mo go.

The more realistic Yankee hispanic is Posada. If the Yanks resign Arod for the 30 mil/year he will command and Mariano for the 12-15 he will get there just might not be enough coin there for Posada. I could see this happening as Omar loves guys named Jorge and Willie and he have a history. I believe that Jorge would be a great influence on the young spanish players and would act more professional than our current jackass catcher.

I don't think there is a chance in hell Wagner sets up anyone, keep in mind he has to have the proper adrenaline boost before he comes in.

God this team is fucked up.

I don't think there is a chance in hell Wagner sets up anyone, keep in mind he has to have the proper adrenaline boost before he comes in.

God this team is fucked up.

hency gate B why I said the Yanks would Never Ever ever let him go

You guys need to get Johan. Please get Johan! I do not want to see him in a Red Sox uni.

I think the Yanks have a shot at Johan to be honest. I think that despite how much they love Hughes, they would include him in a deal for Johan, especially considering how well Joba has come along. Pettite, Wang, Johan, Kennedy and some combo of either Joba or a mid level free agent would be sick.

I think the Yanks have a shot at Johan to be honest. I think that despite how much they love Hughes, they would include him in a deal for Johan, especially considering how well Joba has come along. Pettite, Wang, Johan, Kennedy and some combo of either Joba or a mid level free agent would be sick.

As much as I would LOVE to have him on this team, I'd rather keep the direction we are going now. Plus if we got Johan, we probably wouldn't retain Arod. Which would mean Arod would probably be on the Red Sox.

As much as I would LOVE to have him on this team, I'd rather keep the direction we are going now. Plus if we got Johan, we probably wouldn't retain Arod. Which would mean Arod would probably be on the Red Sox.

Arod will go to the highest bidder, bar none. The rumor is that Boras and the new Cubs ownership have preliminarily dicussed a 10 year 300 mil deal where the money is backloaded into ownership of the team in years 7 8 and 9. Sickening if you ask me. In that case the Yanks can say, fuck you trade for Johan, retain Mo and Rivera, pick up Pettites option at 16 mil/year and say make a deal for a 3bmen like Aramis Ramirez or sign free agent Mike Lowell. How does Santana, Pettite, Wang, Joba and Kennedy sound(or Mussina as the #5) still having Mo, Posada and Lowell, much cheaper to play 3B. You weaken the SOX, who will not get into the Arod fray and you now have 2 of the best left handed starters in the AL pitching 81 games at a park that is great for lefties.

Im not here to give you guys shit, just giving my thoughts.

Seriously, if I were a Mets fan, Id be concerned for the teams future, the Mets might not be good again for a few years(and lets be honest, they werent very good this year either). The FA market is not very good and the Mets dont have the prospects to get anyone significant in a trade. Also, the Mets have alot of bad contracts they wont be able to move. Its going to be interesting to see what they can do this offseason, it doesnt look good though. The 2009 FA class is alot better, but can the Mets hold off and even then there is no guarantee they will fill their needs.

Arod will go to the highest bidder, bar none. The rumor is that Boras and the new Cubs ownership have preliminarily dicussed a 10 year 300 mil deal where the money is backloaded into ownership of the team in years 7 8 and 9. Sickening if you ask me. In that case the Yanks can say, fuck you trade for Johan, retain Mo and Rivera, pick up Pettites option at 16 mil/year and say make a deal for a 3bmen like Aramis Ramirez or sign free agent Mike Lowell. How does Santana, Pettite, Wang, Joba and Kennedy sound(or Mussina as the #5) still having Mo, Posada and Lowell, much cheaper to play 3B. You weaken the SOX, who will not get into the Arod fray and you now have 2 of the best left handed starters in the AL pitching 81 games at a park that is great for lefties.

I dont expect A-Rod to leave, but if he does, your post is dead on. Although Im not sure who Id give up for Santana. Id try to hold on to Hughes.

Im not here to give you guys shit, just giving my thoughts.

Seriously, if I were a Mets fan, Id be concerned for the teams future, the Mets might not be good again for a few years(and lets be honest, they werent very good this year either). The FA market is not very good and the Mets dont have the prospects to get anyone significant in a trade. Also, the Mets have alot of bad contracts they wont be able to move. Its going to be interesting to see what they can do this offseason, it doesnt look good though. The 2009 FA class is alot better, but can the Mets hold off and even then there is no guarantee they will fill their needs.

I'm not worried about the future. We still have Wright and Reyes, and although Reyes had a bad second half, I think he'll rebound. We also will have a very strong outfield next season, with speed, arm strength, and power at the plate with Beltran, Milledge, Gomez, Chavez, and hopefully Alou. I know Alou is ancient, but I have never seen a guy in a Met uniform hit the ball hard as consistently as Alou. Even his outs are rockets. I hope he returns for another season and we get a little more than 97 games from him.

We should bring back Castillo, because he's still a very good second baseman, and a perfect number 2 hitter behind what was, and still can be, the most dangerous leadoff hitter in the game.

We should go out and sign a veteran, defensive minded catcher. Keep Marlon Anderson, who excels in his role as bench player/pinch hitter.

Hopefully this was just a down year for Delgado and he'll be back to being one of the better hitters in the game.

My only concern is what is obvious. The pitching. Minaya made some bad moves and let go of some quality relief guys and didn't replace them. The bullpen should be priority number 1 for this team in the offseason, and I think with El Duque's propensity for breaking down as the season wears on, he should be moved to it.

We still need an "ACE", but that's not something easily attainable. It might have to come from within, and the way Maine pitched in the first half, and how dominant he was in his last outing, maybe he can be that guy down the road. I truly think he just hit a wall in his first full season.

Oliver Perez is what he is, very shaky at times, but he also had a very good season. Humber will get a chance to crack the rotation, and I think he will be a good starter for us at some point. He's 24, throws hard and has a wicked curveball. And we still have Pelfrey, who looked better in September than at any other time we've seen him. Hopefully we'll have a healthy and fresh Pedro Martinez at the start of next season as well. He may not be Pedro of the late 90s, but he's still better than most guys in the league.

Glavine can go back to Atlanta and retire there. I do not like the way he downplayed the loss after admitting how much chasing his 300th win was affecting him. You are a great guy Tom, and once a great pitcher, but you'll always be a BRAVE.

This team is still on the right path. Better days lie ahead Met fans. Don't you worry. :TU:

I've got a feeling Johan is gonna be a Met next yaer. Stark said we may have saved our prospects just for this time, to either go with them as our starters or give them up for a true legitimate ace.

It's the middle relief that has me worried about our future.

I want to get rid of Delgado desperately, he's a loser. Facts are facts. The guy doesn't win where he goes, and he has a losing attitude.

Anyone know any 1b available?

I've got a feeling Johan is gonna be a Met next yaer. Stark said we may have saved our prospects just for this time, to either go with them as our starters or give them up for a true legitimate ace.

I want to get rid of Delgado desperately, he's a loser. Facts are facts. The guy doesn't win where he goes, and he has a losing attitude.

There is a reason why he always rejected trades with the Blue Jays to go

to a contender. He just has a loser mentality.

If the Mets are able to get Santana I'd be very impressed. I honestly dont think they have the trade chips to get him.

what about reyes, im sure there won't be a huge outcry from the mets fan base :ph34r:

Reyes goes nowhere, ever.

He slumped at the wrong time, that's all. Remember, people were asking, "What's wrong with David Wright??" in April.