SportsWrath

Corey Webster a bust?

osi724dasack

If he's not a bust then I don't know what one is. Perhaps like a poor math student he should hire a tutor...Deion, Darryl Green, someone who's done it and done it well.

He just doesn't seem to (ever) be doing the right thing out there. I don't think more of a leash will improve him.

This exemplifies why good or great corners are a premium in this league. It's why Joe Gibbs sunk his team when he traded Champ for Portis. It shows a real lack of feel for the modern era.

Totally agree with you on the Portis-Bailey trade.

My #1 problem with Webster is his tackling. It seems his signature, and only, move is to throw his shoulder at you and cringe before the impact. Countless times he does this, the guy with the ball shrugs his pathetic attempt at a tackle off and runs for another 5 yards minimum.

If you can't cover decently you can still be a decent CB in a cover two, IF you can tackle. We aren't running a cover two, and Webster can't tackle.

Totally agree with you on the Portis-Bailey trade.

My #1 problem with Webster is his tackling. It seems his signature, and only, move is to throw his shoulder at you and cringe before the impact. Countless times he does this, the guy with the ball shrugs his pathetic attempt at a tackle off and runs for another 5 yards minimum.

If you can't cover decently you can still be a decent CB in a cover two, IF you can tackle. We aren't running a cover two, and Webster can't tackle.

Damn, you beat me to it. This is Webster in a nutshell. His tackling is pathetic. Almost as pathetic as his cover skills. He was on Madisons back on one play Sun, and he had a easy route to the ball. :huh:

I knew he'd be a bust his rookie season. When your team makes the playoffs and the Giants pull Terrell Buckley off the street to start instead of inserting their 2nd round pick, you pretty much know what you have.

:clap:

wow I never though of that...

EXCELLENT POINT! :clap:

Damn, you beat me to it. This is Webster in a nutshell. His tackling is pathetic. Almost as pathetic as his cover skills. He was on Madisons back on one play Sun, and he had a easy route to the ball. :huh:

This is his major problem. It wouldn't so bad if he had coverage skill problems only but if you can't tackle then your basically useless. If his tackling doesn't drastically improve then he needs to go.

I knew he'd be a bust his rookie season. When your team makes the playoffs and the Giants pull Terrell Buckley off the street to start instead of inserting their 2nd round pick, you pretty much know what you have.

How do you remember these things? :brooding:

Who was the fuck who was on Corey Webster's nuts right from the moment we drafted him? He even had a sig and all on Webster and C-Webb and blah blah about how he was the next Deion etc etc?

I think it was Plax4Prez - boy, he must really be feeling like a real nitwit right now :).

Where is he anyway, havent see him around in a while.

Who was the fuck who was on Corey Webster's nuts right from the moment we drafted him?

I think it was Plax4Prez - boy, he must really be feeling like a real nitwit right now :).

Where is he anyway, havent see him around in a while.

"He's" out on Burress' campaign trail.