SportsWrath

A.Ross

BlueInCanada

my eagles fan buddy is vehemently convinced in saying that we invested in a shutdown corner with Ross and that we should be seeing him on the field starting midway

LOL Ross is not and never has been a shutdown corner. We invested in a nickel corner with Ross and punt returner. But your buddy is right about one thing, we need to start seeing him on the field because he just might be better than the garbage that we have out there now.

LOL Ross is not and never has been a shutdown corner. We invested in a nickel corner with Ross and punt returner. But your buddy is right about one thing, we need to start seeing him on the field because he just might be better than the garbage that we have out there now.

noticed he and i both said "invested" meaning, obviously he's nickel right now. Ross was the best CB in the nation coming into the draft. We obviously drafted 1st meaning we want him to be a shutdown corner eventually. Point was, my Eagles fan buddy is afraid our secondary maybe making a turn for the better finally.

but regardless, it's nice to see two of our corners, Madison and Ross, actually make an open field tackle and not completely wiff.

noticed he and i both said "invested" meaning, obviously he's nickel right now. Ross was the best CB in the nation coming into the draft. We obviously drafted 1st meaning we want him to be a shutdown corner eventually. Point was, my Eagles fan buddy is afraid our secondary maybe making a turn for the better finally.

but regardless, it's nice to see two of our corners, Madison and Ross, actually make an open field tackle and not completely wiff.

How could Ross be the best cb in the nation? Because of that stupid award? :D I wish someone would've told the two teams that drafted cb's before us that.

That's a laugh. He's not and never (no not ever) will be a shutdown corner. We drafted him to start at nickel and he can't even do that on our pitiful defense.

How could Ross be the best cb in the nation? Because of that stupid award? :D I wish someone would've told the two teams that drafted cb's before us that.

That's a laugh. He's not and never (no not ever) will be a shutdown corner. We drafted him to start at nickel and he can't even do that on our pitiful defense.

y u so down on Ross???

he looks like a good young player to me

y u so down on Ross???

he looks like a good young player to me

I guess I was expecting him to make a quicker start for a first rounder. But I wasn't being down on him. He's just not a shutdown guy. He may or may not be a good corner, but he won't be a shutdown guy, and to me a first rounder for a cb is a waste if he doesn't make an immediate and successful impact. We shall see how it goes from here now that he's got his feet weet.

We also heard a lot of talk about his return skills during the draft, but apparently he wasn't good enough to beat McQuarters for that job either.

I guess I was expecting him to make a quicker start for a first rounder. But I wasn't being down on him. He's just not a shutdown guy. He may or may not be a good corner, but he won't be a shutdown guy, and to me a first rounder for a cb is a waste if he doesn't make an immediate and successful impact. We shall see how it goes from here now that he's got his feet weet.

We also heard a lot of talk about his return skills during the draft, but apparently he wasn't good enough to beat McQuarters for that job either.

Yeah, but Nesta, you cant blame him not starting on anyone but the coaching staff. If he would get a shot, he would make an impact. When he's in there, he looks very promising. But they continue to let Webster play while all the while getting burned by anyone that comes near him. :huh:

Yeah, but Nesta, you cant blame him not starting on anyone but the coaching staff. If he would get a shot, he would make an impact. When he's in there, he looks very promising. But they continue to let Webster play while all the while getting burned by anyone that comes near him. :huh:

Oh, I thought players earned their time on the field. :mellow:

All I'm saying about the kid is 1. He's not a future shutdown corner, and 2. He's gotten off to a slow start for a first round pick.

I hope he does better.

Oh, I thought players earned their time on the field. :mellow:

All I'm saying about the kid is 1. He's not a future shutdown corner, and 2. He's gotten off to a slow start for a first round pick.

I hope he does better.

:huh::huh:

Yeah, thats why I said he needs more playing time and I wondered why Webster starts. :huh:

And how in the world can you know he will never be shut down?

:huh::huh:

Yeah, thats why I said he needs more playing time and I wondered why Webster starts. :huh:

Players earn their playing time by showing something in practice. He's had all summer and preseason to earn a starting role on defense or specials.

And how in the world can you know he will never be shut down?

His biggest knock coming into the draft was his man to man coverage. He could be a good corner, but he won't be a shutdown guy. Of course being the Giants we'll use him as one.

But don't think for a minute that I wouldn't love to be wrong.

oh and btw dude, last time I checked Aaron Ross was the starting CB on one of the best college football teams in the nation.

Give me a break. We've been over this before. Is your memory that short? :rolleyes:

Texas was one of the best teams in the nation last year, but what was their secondary ranked?

99 out of 119 div 1 teams. They're 59th so far this year without Ross.

I'll always remember that guy for calling Collins a racist alcoholic and then wanting to be traded.

Isnt that terrible thats what you remember him for? <_< I wish, for once, we could say something like, "Remember that CB we had, man, was he shut down!"

Isnt that terrible thats what you remember him for? <_< I wish, for once, we could say something like, "Remember that CB we had, man, was he shut down!"

You got me thinking about our shitty corners over the years and how much they suck.

SOme of my faves were:

Elvis Patterson - Aka toast

Perry Williams- never saw a tackle he did not let Terry Kinard make

Thomas Randolph- nuff said

Philippi Sparks- right in the middle of the mess in the 97 playoff game

Dave Thomas- I believe he and Thomas Randolph were the same person

In all honesty our best corner over the past 20 years has been Jason Sehorn, circa 1997 pre ACL injury. Guy was as shut down that year as anyone.

Our second best corner was probably Everson Walls, sadly when we got him he was nothing more than a veteran nickle back, but still his track record beats the crap we have trotted out there the past 20 years.