SportsWrath

Willie Randolph

feefifoefum

Why is that Willie's fault?

It's not his fault alone, but this team has underachieved and played like they were owed something all season. Yeah, there's not much you can do when you don't have a reliable option out of the bullpen when the game is on the line, but that wasn't the case all season, and for the past 2 weeks, this team has made too many errors, too many misplayed balls, too many baserunning mistakes etc.. It wasn't just the bullpen that collapsed.

I don't dislike Willie, but if he gets credit for 2006, he deserves some of the blame for 2007 because his team just does not look ready to play every night.

Most of you know I am a Yankee Fan first but I always root for the NY teams and unfortunately that is a very loud choking sound I am hearing from Shea.

Tied for 1st place unreal. And many of you wrote off the Yankees.

So did MOST Yankee fans... :rolleyes:

Most of you know I am a Yankee Fan first but I always root for the NY teams and unfortunately that is a very loud choking sound I am hearing from Shea.

Tied for 1st place unreal. And many of you wrote off the Yankees.

Everyone wrote off the Yankees. Even many of the Yankee fans here and abroad. Who would have thought after the way they were playing. I mean they were playing as bad as the Mets are now. Horrible starting pitching, horrible pen, not hitting and they turned it around. There were talks of firing Joe. Same is happening across town but the Yankees were able to recover without OVER a half a season and the Mets have to recover with 3 games to play.

Is Karp really our projected 1b of the future?

btw, this is going to be talked about all off-season. Gomez, Milledge, and Pelfrey/Humber for Santana.

I would do it, what do you guys think?

That's too much for Santana. I know how great he is, but he's almost 30 already and his next contract will be of the Barry Zito variety. That's just too many years at that price for a pitcher in his 30s when giving away your top prospects.

Willie is not going to get fired. No way do the Wilpon's do this. There are going to be heads that roll though. Omar will get to keep his job. Yes he did a horrible job but who thought goggles and Padilla would not play. Some bad moves which he did take a few chances on. Getting Burgos looks like a bad deal. He might have turned it around if he did not get shut down for the season. Lets face it, we really don't know what would have happened. Trading Vargas for Lidstrom was a horrible trade though. One of his worse. He gets to keep his job. Henderson is a goner. Ever since we had Henderson, Reyes has not been the same. I don't think Hojo sticks around. I don't believe Peterson sticks around either. Time to move on.

Willie is not going to get fired. No way do the Wilpon's do this. There are going to be heads that roll though. Omar will get to keep his job. Yes he did a horrible job but who thought goggles and Padilla would not play. Some bad moves which he did take a few chances on. Getting Burgos looks like a bad deal. He might have turned it around if he did not get shut down for the season. Lets face it, we really don't know what would have happened. Trading Vargas for Lidstrom was a horrible trade though. One of his worse. He gets to keep his job. Henderson is a goner. Ever since we had Henderson, Reyes has not been the same. I don't think Hojo sticks around. I don't believe Peterson sticks around either. Time to move on.

Do you think he's going to get fired, or just move on?

I'd like to have him stick around. He's a fan favorite and has a huge, positive impact on our best player.

That's BS. Feel free to pull up my posts from months ago. Here AND mostly on Giant.com, other sports section. Inever once gave up on the team or was ever worried. The Yankees problems were mainly due to the fact they were derailed with injuries.

I work in Westchester NY for a Fortune 50 company and the office is split between Yankee fans and Met fans with a sprinkle of Red Sox fans. Met fans were the ones crying about the Yankeees. Not the Yankee fans.

Most Met fans in May - June were parading around on how they were the "New Kings of NY" "Yankees are done". lol all while myself and every single Yankee colleague confidentally knew they would make a strong comeback.

We claimed how it was early in the season, Mets fans didn't want to hear it.

Even the nationally syndicated 1050 Espn and WFAN hosts today talked about how the Yankee fans who called in all season never gave up hope even at sub-500. Mad dog mentioned that he was surprised he never saw empty seats in Yankee stadium.

So, while you may conveniently claim that Yankee fans gave up on their team, other than that one pessimistic Yankee friend you must know, it was more the Mets and Red Sux fans that gave up on the Yankees in May. Not the Yankee fans. :clap:

That's BS. Feel free to pull up my posts from months ago. Here AND mostly on Giant.com, other sports section. Inever once gave up on the team or was ever worried. The Yankees problems were mainly due to the fact they were derailed with injuries.

I work in Westchester NY for a Fortune 50 company and the office is split between Yankee fans and Met fans with a sprinkle of Red Sox fans. Met fans were the ones crying about the Yankeees. Not the Yankee fans.

Most Met fans in May - June were parading around on how they were the "New Kings of NY" "Yankees are done". lol all while myself and every single Yankee colleague confidentally knew they would make a strong comeback.

We claimed how it was early in the season, Mets fans didn't want to hear it.

Even the nationally syndicated 1050 Espn and WFAN hosts today talked about how the Yankee fans who called in all season never gave up hope even at sub-500. Mad dog mentioned that he was surprised he never saw empty seats in Yankee stadium.

So, while you may conveniently claim that Yankee fans gave up on their team, other than that one pessimistic Yankee friend you must know, it was more the Mets and Red Sux fans that gave up on the Yankees in May. Not the Yankee fans. :clap:

:blah:

Yeah, those were Met fans calling for the firing of Joe Torre in June. :rolleyes:

I know quite a few Yankee "fans" who gave up on the team months ago. Just because YOU never gave up hope on a message board, doesn't mean you speak for EVERY Yankee fan in the city. Sure, a few said things like "It's early", but most were blasting the manager, the bullpen, even Rivera. Of course, they were in love with A-Rod, after hating him for 3 years. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but you do not speak for every Yankee fan, and I'm quite positive that I'm not the only one here that has heard MANY Yankee fans they know declare the team dead at some point this season.

gallo08.gif

Trust me, if Bill Gallo sees it, it's happening...

We are so sorry for saying that about Yankees fans. How naive we are to even think the Yankees gave up on the season. We promise never to ever do that again. Good for you that you never gave up on the Yankees. Good for every fan that not give up on the Yankees. Oh yeah you all knew you would all come back. Now back to business for you guys. Hey Nostradamus, stay out of this forum. Thanks :)

:blah:

Yeah, those were Met fans calling for the firing of Joe Torre in June. :rolleyes:

I know quite a few Yankee "fans" who gave up on the team months ago. Just because YOU never gave up hope on a message board, doesn't mean you speak for EVERY Yankee fan in the city. Sure, a few said things like "It's early", but most were blasting the manager, the bullpen, even Rivera. Of course, they were in love with A-Rod, after hating him for 3 years. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but you do not speak for every Yankee fan, and I'm quite positive that I'm not the only one here that has heard MANY Yankee fans they know declare the team dead at some point this season.

http://boards.giants.com/forums/80/349398/...ead.aspx#349398

Funny, where did you get MOST from? Imagine that, a Mets fan who's more qualified on the Yankees state of mind than a Yankees fan himself?

I'll tell you what. Since YOU are so adamant that MOST Yankee fans gave up on their team months ago, why don't you call in to.....ohhh, let's just sayyyyyyyyyy......Espn radio and ask any radio host what he thinks? They speak to hundreds of Mets and Yankee fans of all types, bad and good.

Oh that's right, you won't do that cause they'll most likely agree with me. Not you.

:clap:

We are so sorry for saying that about Yankees fans. How naive we are to even think the Yankees gave up on the season. We promise never to ever do that again. Good for you that you never gave up on the Yankees. Good for every fan that not give up on the Yankees. Oh yeah you all knew you would all come back. Now back to business for you guys. Hey Nostradamus, stay out of this forum. Thanks :)

No need to be sorry, Just don't give me that crap that MOST Yankee fans gave up on them early in the year. That's plain BS.

That's like me saying that most Met fans want Willie Randolph gone. How the F do you calculate that?

Funny, where did you get MOST from? Imagine that, a Mets fan who's more qualified on the Yankees state of mind than a Yankees fan himself?

I'll tell you what. Since YOU are so adamant that MOST Yankee fans gave up on their team months ago, why don't you call in to.....ohhh, let's just sayyyyyyyyyy......Espn radio and ask any radio host what he thinks? They speak to hundreds of Mets and Yankee fans of all types, bad and good.

Oh that's right, you won't do that cause they'll most likely agree with me. Not you.

I'll do that tomorrow and let you know the results. I'm sure those guys have logged every Yankee fan who has called in since April to prove that Yankee fans never say die !!!

In the meantime, I'll refer to my own personal one on one conversations I've had with MANY Yankee fans who I know personally, coworkers, acquaintances, etc... MOST of whom said the Yankees were dead a long time ago. (There are even a few right here under your nose) I also recall hearing MANY callers calling in to radio shows such as saaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy The Michael Kay Show declaring the Yankees' run OVER. Even Kay himself said after a 12 game stretch in which the Yankees played contending teams that they were done.

I'm sure that MOST Yankee fans have always supported Alex Rodriguez too, right?

And what does pulling a thread from giants.com prove? That thread is dominated by a handful of Yankee fans, and the first post declares the Yankees "Back in 1980s status"... Did you read that, or just jump to page 80, the happier times?

I'll do that tomorrow and let you know the results. I'm sure those guys have logged every Yankee fan who has called in since April to prove that Yankee fans never say die !!!

In the meantime, I'll refer to my own personal one on one conversations I've had with MANY Yankee fans who I know personally, coworkers, acquaintances, etc... MOST of whom said the Yankees were dead a long time ago. (There are even a few right here under your nose) I also recall hearing MANY callers calling in to radio shows such as saaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy The Michael Kay Show declaring the Yankees' run OVER. Even Kay himself said after a 12 game stretch in which the Yankees played contending teams that they were done.

I'm sure that MOST Yankee fans have always supported Alex Rodriguez too, right?

And what does pulling a thread from giants.com prove? That thread is dominated by a handful of Yankee fans, and the first post declares the Yankees "Back in 1980s status"... Did you read that, or just jump to page 80, the happier times?

No, I jumped to the first few pages where early in the season, you can see the Yankee fans supporting there team and the Met + Red Sox fans claiming they were done. :rolleyes:

You are a complete fucking moron

No, I jumped to the first few pages where early in the season, you can see the Yankee fans supporting there team and the Met + Red Sox fans claiming they were done. :rolleyes:

You are the type of guy at your fortune "50" company that when they do an office lotto pool you say that they should have taken the numbers that won.

Anyway, this is assinine shit. If the Mets somehow pull this thing out it will be morons like you that can be told how you said the Mets were done and some Met fan said they were not.

This is all AFTERTHOUGHTS garbage at this point. I remember plenty of Met fans(who know just as much about the Yankees as you do even though they are not fans) saying that the Yanks were out of the division, but very much in the WC race. Seems that those people were right on the money.

I also remember plenty of Yankee fans saying that they would STILL win the division. How did that work out?

I also remember plenty of Yankee fans on the ledge in June that figured it was all over.

You may be a Yankee fan, but you are definitely a Met hater, as most insecure jackasses are.

Read the very first post then, Skip. Not much support for the Yanks by the guy (a Yankee fan) who started the thread. Again, that thing is dominated by 3 or 4 Yankee fans, and as you read on, they weren't always supportive of the team when they were losing. I believe someone called for the firing of Brian Cashman.