SportsWrath

Impressive

feefifoefum

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I am almost speechless. At the beginning of the year when Yankee fans were calling for Torre's head, proclaiming their team dead, I said that before it was all said and done, the Yanks would be right there at the end. Then, they just kept sucking and I thought there was no chance in hell they'd win the division. The Sawx were hot, the Yanks were not, and I thought 14.5 games was just too much to overcome.

But the Yankees have come on like a freight train and impressed even this known Yankee Hater.

Finish the job Yankees, you deserve to win the division after not quitting and methodically pulling yourselves within reach of the division crown with a week and a half to go. I can't believe this, but even I'm rooting for you now, although I still hate you bastards. :P

thanks feefi. Im not sure if the Yanks will get the division, its not as simple as it looks. I think if their was another week in the season theyd get it, but theres just not enought time left, the margin for error is too small. Boston is going to win some games before the season ends. the Yankees would have to go 6-3 and the sox 3-6 in their last nine games for the Yankees to win the division. Its not impossible, but its not probable either. Dont get me wrong, Id love for the yanks to win the division, Im just being reasonable about it.

thanks feefi. Im not sure if the Yanks will get the division, its not as simple as it looks. I think if their was another week in the season theyd get it, but theres just not enought time left, the margin for error is too small. Boston is going to win some games before the season ends. the Yankees would have to go 6-3 and the sox 3-6 in their last nine games for the Yankees to win the division. Its not impossible, but its not probable either. Dont get me wrong, Id love for the yanks to win the division, Im just being reasonable about it.

Hey Make a week ago I may have agreed with you but with 9 games left the Yanks are only 1 out in the loss cloumn. It has certainly been exciting.

Hey Make a week ago I may have agreed with you but with 9 games left the Yanks are only 1 out in the loss cloumn. It has certainly been exciting.

actually, i was wrong, the Yankees have to go 5-4 and the sox 4-5 to get a tie and the yanks hold the tie breaker in the season series. Its more possible than I originally thought

actually, i was wrong, the Yankees have to go 5-4 and the sox 4-5 to get a tie and the yanks hold the tie breaker in the season series. Its more possible than I originally thought

Do head to head matchups factor in? I know the Mets lost a coin flip to Philly last week for home field advantage in a one game playoff, but Philly has beaten the Mets 12 times this year.

Do head to head matchups factor in? I know the Mets lost a coin flip to Philly last week for home field advantage in a one game playoff, but Philly has beaten the Mets 12 times this year.

yes they do factor in. the yankees and red sox tied for the best record in 2005, but the yankees won the division because they won the season series. Im not sure why the Mets and Phillies would need to have a playoff. I think its different rules for each league because I recall the mets playing the reds for a playoff spot a few years back

yes they do factor in. the yankees and red sox tied for the best record in 2005, but the yankees won the division because they won the season series. Im not sure why the Mets and Phillies would need to have a playoff. I think its different rules for each league because I recall the mets playing the reds for a playoff spot a few years back

i dont think the season series tie-breaker applies to wild card ties.

but the rules for the divisions are the same, pads and dodgers tied last season but the pads won the season series and therefore the division. i have no clue why the phils and mets flipped a coin

i dont think the season series tie-breaker applies to wild card ties.

but the rules for the divisions are the same, pads and dodgers tied last season but the pads won the season series and therefore the division. i have no clue why the phils and mets flipped a coin

Maybe it was for home field in a one game playoff for the wild card?? But then why didn't they flip with other teams like the Padres???? :huh::huh:

The Phils and Mets had a coin flip because, if they end up tied for the division lead but neither can be the Wild Card, they would have a one game playoff for the division title. The season series tiebreaker only applies when both teams have qualified for the playoffs, like the Yanks and Sox in '05.