SportsWrath

Jerry Reese

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

To be clear: I think Reese deserves some blame for this shitty year too... no impact FA's, our draft picks suck (our "pass rushing DT" hasn't made the field yet except to fuck up long snaps), and he seems more interested in talking tough than helping the team win.

But taking stabs at the guy for being black isn't exactly gonna help things. I'm pissed at how things are going too, but a thread like this is the wrong road to go down.

You gots to. just having a black man in a posistion of power like that is a great accomplishment for the black race and positivr influence on the black community. you gots to respeck dat
He showed that he was either unaware of the needs of the Giants or incapable of resolving them. In either case, he should be fired and replaced with Harry Carson. There is a Black Man who really knows football and the Giants.

He showed that he was either unaware of the needs of the Giants or incapable of resolving them. In either case, he should be fired and replaced with Harry Carson. There is a Black Man who really knows football and the Giants.

Not a bad idea..Harry Carson is very good for the black community

I will hold my opinion on Reese until at least the season and 1 more off season. As for this year I cannot kill the guy, there were nothing but overrated Free agents out there in a very thin FA class and he did seem to draft well.

Golfindude is right, he is a pillar of much respect for the black community Yo.

It's just ashame that Harry Carson can barely remember his name. He has a

bad case of post concussion syndrome. And I'm pretty sure he is completely happy

not working for a football team or organization.

Are you a personal friend of Mr. Carson who has spent a lot of time with him?. If not, why are you claiming he can barely remember his name and suffers from post concussion syndrome? Real athletes who engage in contact sports do suffer from severe physical/mental injuries. That can't happen to golfers like you who play a game that requires no more physical contact than dancing. :LMAO:

Are you a personal friend of Mr. Carson who has spent a lot of time with him?. If not, why are you claiming he can barely remember his name and suffers from post concussion syndrome? Real athletes who engage in contact sports do suffer from severe physical/mental injuries. That can't happen to golfers like you who play a game that requires no more physical contact than dancing. :LMAO:

Or I could have read about the subject, made a opinion on it and then talked about

it. Something that you just fail to do, here is a link on Carson's post concussion

syndrome.... Linkage

This discussion has nothing to do with Golf so I'm not sure why you brought

it up.

Or I could have read about the subject, made a opinion on it and then talked about

it. Something that you just fail to do, here is a link on Carson's post concussion

syndrome.... Linkage

This discussion has nothing to do with Golf so I'm not sure why you brought

it up.

You offer something written by Solomon (an unknown football writer) that was written in 1998, 7 years ago, that said that Mr. Carson suffered from post concussion problems and didn't know his name. I guess you don't believe that people can recover from mental problems. You claim I don't read about this subject and you are correct. I don't, unlike you, rely on ancient history and comments by unknown authors. I, on the other hand, live in the present. I still maintain that Harry Carson would be a better General Manager than Reese. Can you prove that he still suffers from mental problems that would prevent him from being a better GM. If not, STFU.

ALl due respect to Harry and his greatness, but mental problems or not I find it hard to imagine a man that has never trained in the science of running an NFL franchise could all of a sudden come in and be a magician. Although I think that Carson probably has a great eye for talent, there is more that goes into it than just that. Advanced scouting, salary cap management and running a draft.

You offer something written by Solomon (an unknown football writer) that was written in 1998, 7 years ago, that said that Mr. Carson suffered from post concussion problems and didn't know his name. I guess you don't believe that people can recover from mental problems. You claim I don't read about this subject and you are correct. I don't, unlike you, rely on ancient history and comments by unknown authors. I, on the other hand, live in the present. I still maintain that Harry Carson would be a better General Manager than Reese. Can you prove that he still suffers from mental problems that would prevent him from being a better GM. If not, STFU.

Well, here is something recent and from what i would consider, a reliable source.

Since the end of my professional football career almost 19 years ago I’ve tried to live the best life I could accepting the aches and pains that come along with what I did as an athlete. Occasionally I have to deal with back pain brought on by degenerative disks in my neck and lower back that press against my spinal column that causes me pain in my lower back and legs. But the one area that causes me the greatest concerns is living with Post Concussion Syndrome, a condition I was diagnosed with two years after leaving professional football.

Link

Harry has served as an Advisor to the Congress of Neurological Surgeons and is a member of the Brain Injury Association's Sports Injury Prevention Council. Former Governor Christine Whitman appointed Mr. Carson as a member of the New Jersey Advisory Council on Traumatic Brain Injury. He has established himself as an authority and internationally recognized speaker on Concussions in Sports.

Fritz Pollard Alliance

Well, here is something recent and from what i would consider, a reliable source.

Link

VG, you have shown proof that, perhaps, Harry Carson is still suffering from a mental problem. I accept your post. None the less, I firmly believe that he, you, I or golfing dude would make a better GM than Reese. We all recognize the deficiencies in the Giants tean and would have tried to address and correct them. Since he was appointed to his position, he did nothing. That alone shows his why he should be fired. Apparently, he has shit for brains.

VG, you have shown proof that, perhaps, Harry Carson is still suffering from a mental problem. I accept your post. None the less, I firmly believe that he, you, I or golfing dude would make a better GM than Reese. We all recognize the deficiencies in the Giants tean and would have tried to address and correct them. Since he was appointed to his position, he did nothing. That alone shows his why he should be fired. Apparently, he has shit for brains.

I'd rather play linebacker for the Giants than be the GM, but thus far, I would find it hard to not agree with you. I like a few of his draft picks, but some of the biggest concerns were simply not adressed. I'm not talking about the big FA's either, but how do you enter a season with tynes as your kicker who "almost" (probly really did) got beat out by a rookie, and a DE at LB? Decisions like this worry me.

Let me see if I have this straight: you guys expected offensive tackles, multiple starting linebackers, a complete reworking of the backfield, and a WR. Oh, and DT, and some even wanted a running back. And you expected all this in one offseason?

Meanwhile, even scrub free agents were going between 10-20 million. Did you guys really want to go into hock for Davis? Was Rod Hood worth the price we'd probably have to pay?

We had 8 picks, all 8 made the team. Bradshaw, a 7th rounder, looks really good, with the exception of the fumbling. Smith has looked good. Ross is probably starting at the end of the season, and Alford and DeOssie are contributing, although some improvement is needed there.

Our offensive line hasn't really suffered from the loss of Pettigout.

We have made miserable personnel moves on defense for the better part of this decade. You can count on your hands the number of successful FA pickups and draft choices Accorsi has made on that side of the ball. There was just so much Reese could do with the cards he was dealt.