SportsWrath

Mike Strahan

Sephiroth

It's a good thing he took those six weeks off. His leadership and big-play ability has really come through for us here in the beginning of the season.

As one of the writers in my local paper said today, "Think Mike Strahan felt a little guilty about the play of the defense in last Sunday's loss to the Cowboys? Me neither."

As one of the writers in my local paper said today, "Think Mike Strahan felt a little guilty about the play of the defense in last Sunday's loss to the Cowboys? Me neither."

In a postgame interview he said, "we started out bad last year, then won 5 straight. So we need to just take one game at at time and get ready for Wash"........ :huh:

Mike, we at least won one of those games and the D stopped the Eagles when we needed em too. Never mind he said it with a , "hurry, I wanna go bang Eddies ex wife" look on his face. :brooding:

In a postgame interview he said, "we started out bad last year, then won 5 straight. So we need to just take one game at at time and get ready for Wash"........ :huh:

Although I'm Mr. Negativity...look at it this way, he's not pointing fingers and creating extra drama that this team doesn't need if they want a chance to be over .500 this year.

The one problem that I have with putting ANY blame on Strahan is that almost everyone on the defense that didn't skip camp sucks ass too.

This is a great point. I don't like Strah as much anymore and I don't think he's very good anymore, but I will say that (had he gone to camp) and still played this way, I'd still think our whole D stunk!

The one problem that I have with putting ANY blame on Strahan is that almost everyone on the defense that didn't skip camp sucks ass too.

It's not an excuse for him, but that's a fair point Dragon, I think based on how we've played, he's caught up already.

I mean if you looked at Kawika Mitchell yesterday, can you seriously look at the performance and say it's part of a defensive scheme. He's yards off the play, there was one play where the tight end ran left and Mitchell never moved, he stood there with his hands on his knees!!!. Another time the tight end goes across the Middle and there's Mitchell so far behind him the tight end looks like Carl Lewis. Fucking awful.

80 points given up in 2 games....

0-2 overall record...

0-2 conference record...

0-1 division record...

Go Giants!

Our defense sucks. Strahan, Pierce, Madison, the whole fucking lot of them. Can't pressure the QB on a fairly poor offense. Can't stop shit in the passing game. Couldn't last year, can't this year. Corey Webster is terrible. Madison is old and slow. Gibril Wilson isn't bad in run coverage, but pass coverage is less than ideal. I'm not saying we're going 0-16, but if we continue to play this well, it's not out of the realm of possibility. I mean, seriously, who can we beat if we continue to play this way?

Roddy White and Alge Crumpler will have career days. God knows we won't be able to pressure Harrington.

If that happens:

rogergoodell.jpg

"With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft the New York Giants select.....Glenn Dorsey,

defensive tackle, LSU."

Reese afterwards: "We are very excited to have him on our team, we are also

looking forward to moving him to strong safety in the upcoming months."

If that happens:

rogergoodell.jpg

"With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft the New York Giants select.....Glenn Dorsey,

defensive tackle, LSU."

Reese afterwards: "We are very excited to have him on our team, we are also

looking forward to moving him to strong safety in the upcoming months."

lol...Glenn Dorsey...you think we'd actually pick him? We'd go with Brohm, and trade him for a 7th round pick because getting ass-trade-raped on draft day seems to be our key to success....

It's not an excuse for him, but that's a fair point Dragon, I think based on how we've played, he's caught up already.

I mean if you looked at Kawika Mitchell yesterday, can you seriously look at the performance and say it's part of a defensive scheme. He's yards off the play, there was one play where the tight end ran left and Mitchell never moved, he stood there with his hands on his knees!!!. Another time the tight end goes across the Middle and there's Mitchell so far behind him the tight end looks like Carl Lewis. Fucking awful.

Oh no... I'm not excusing him at all, but everyone (not just on SW people) is basically blaming him for all of the defensive troubles that we have and that's completely unfair. Had Osi not gotten injured in Dallas, Strahan would've only had to play in certain situations and that probably would've improved our defensive line play in that game. No answer for yesterday's game tho.

lol...Glenn Dorsey...you think we'd actually pick him? We'd go with Brohm, and trade him for a 7th round pick because getting ass-trade-raped on draft day seems to be our key to success....

Well I mean it would make sense to draft him seeing as our defensive

tackles suck ass. I was really thinking selecting Jeff Samardzija and trying

to talk him out of playing baseball for the Cubs. Could be worth a shot.

Well I mean it would make sense to draft him seeing as our defensive

tackles suck ass. I was really thinking selecting Jeff Samardzija and trying

to talk him out of playing baseball for the Cubs. Could be worth a shot.

Not happening.

I really would have thought the Giants would have fixed this defensive problem after last week. I guess not. That was one painful game yesterday.

it cant be fixed, the players they have are just inadequate. Its that simple. Ive been saying this for a while now, 90% of the Giants starters on D would be back up on most teams. So basically our back ups are like 3rd and 4th string players. This team needs a complete makeover on defense. Theres not a coach in the world that could get it done with the scrubs we have on D.