SportsWrath

CONGRATULATIONS YANKEES!

BadEgg

It appears that you are legitimately EARNING the right to go to Anaheim...

This is good for your organization and good for the Angels as well.

The Angels will need a tune up against a pesky opponent before Boston...

The Monkey patiently awaits...

It appears that you are legitimately EARNING the right to go to Anaheim...

This is good for your organization and good for the Angels as well.

The Angels will need a tune up against a pesky opponent before Boston...

The Monkey patiently awaits...

yankees will sweep the angels in the playoffs. the yankees are the best team in baseball

sorry, but the angels dont scare me

Interesting. I think this was the Yankees' position the two times that they met the Angels in the playoffs. Lucky for you, the Yankees will probably be more wary of the Angels this time around. Though, I don't know that it will matter all that much...

Interesting. I think this was the Yankees' position the two times that they met the Angels in the playoffs. Lucky for you, the Yankees will probably be more wary of the Angels this time around. Though, I don't know that it will matter all that much...

Egg, are you aware that the Angels are only a half of a game better than the Indians? More importantly, do you even know what that means? Obviously not since you made this thread.

But like I said, it doesnt matter to me who the yankees play, whether it be the Indians or the Angels...no team scares me.

I dont want to have to face the Angels at all, but they way our offense is clicking and Anaheims isn't so much...I feel somewhat at ease. Sooner or later the Yanks are going to pounce Anaheim in the playoffs. The odds are stacked against them to keep winning. Might as well be this year.

I dont want to have to face the Angels at all, but they way our offense is clicking and Anaheims isn't so much...I feel somewhat at ease. Sooner or later the Yanks are going to pounce Anaheim in the playoffs. The odds are stacked against them to keep winning. Might as well be this year.

This is the way I feel. As recent history shows, you gotta be a little wary of the Angels if youre the Yanks, but this yr seems a little different. The way were fighting back form a season that seemed destined for no playoffs, and the way our bats are alive, I feel comfortable playing any team. And as Dub said, they cant have ou # for ever.

At least Dubby is one Yankee fan who seems to have a legitimate grasp on things and not take the "all our players and prospects rule and all others suck" or "we are the Yankees so we are the best".

If I were a Yankee fan I would want no part of Anaheim. They have owned the Yankees since 2002 and really during the entire Torre era.

This is the way I feel. As recent history shows, you gotta be a little wary of the Angels if youre the Yanks, but this yr seems a little different. The way were fighting back form a season that seemed destined for no playoffs, and the way our bats are alive, I feel comfortable playing any team. And as Dub said, they cant have ou # for ever.

It really is such a special story of overcoming incredible odds. Almost like the little engine that could overtaking all. Of course that little engine costs 1/4 of a billion dollars, but a sweet little story nonetheless.

It really is such a special story of overcoming incredible odds. Almost like the little engine that could overtaking all. Of course that little engine costs 1/4 of a billion dollars, but a sweet little story nonetheless.

1/4 of a billion dollars huh, so just a tad above the Mets payroll, wouldnt you say? And the Red Sux, and the Orioles, and the Dodgers.

I love the salary thing, as if the Yanks are the only one with a high payroll. At least with that high payroll, it turned out to be WS victories as of late. With all that money spent, what did the Mets win again????

Thats what I thought.

At least Dubby is one Yankee fan who seems to have a legitimate grasp on things and not take the "all our players and prospects rule and all others suck" or "we are the Yankees so we are the best".

If I were a Yankee fan I would want no part of Anaheim. They have owned the Yankees since 2002 and really during the entire Torre era.

I said the same thing. I thought last year we had a chance with the Angels not being in the playoffs. I think it almost doesn't matter who the Yankees play in the playoffs. They'll fall back to relying on the Home Run for runs and never make good contact or K swinging half the time.

1/4 of a billion dollars huh, so just a tad above the Mets payroll, wouldnt you say? And the Red Sux, and the Orioles, and the Dodgers.

I love the salary thing, as if the Yanks are the only one with a high payroll. At least with that high payroll, it turned out to be WS victories as of late. With all that money spent, what did the Mets win again????

Thats what I thought.

Ummmm if 120 million more than the Mets is a "tad above" please do my taxes for me this year :LMAO:

WS victories as of late? This is comical, its been 7 years. As of late would be the Red Sox, three years ago, or even the Angels 5 years ago. Good to know that 7 years counts as "as of late" to you.

I say this with the utmost confidence that I really think that you have no idea what 1/4 of a billion dollars really is.

It's not about the payroll, or the team. Its about pom pom waving Yankee apologists like yourself that talk like this team had such overwhelming odds to overcome. They have a 20 million dollar part time DH/1B for christs sakes.

Ummmm if 120 million more than the Mets is a "tad above" please do my taxes for me this year :LMAO:

WS victories as of late? This is comical, its been 7 years. As of late would be the Red Sox, three years ago, or even the Angels 5 years ago. Good to know that 7 years counts as "as of late" to you.

I say this with the utmost confidence that I really think that you have no idea what 1/4 of a billion dollars really is.

It's not about the payroll, or the team. Its about pom pom waving Yankee apologists like yourself that talk like this team had such overwhelming odds to overcome. They have a 20 million dollar part time DH/1B for christs sakes.

Youre missing the point. The Mets payroll is huge compared to most teams. And since the Yanks have been accused of buying championships, what have the Mets won? Zip. The "as of late" was a comparison of what the Yanks- Mets have won since they have attained these high payrolls. The Yanks have won 4 WS in the last 11 yrs, the Mets, ZERO.

Youre missing the point. The Mets payroll is huge compared to most teams. And since the Yanks have been accused of buying championships, what have the Mets won? Zip. The "as of late" was a comparison of what the Yanks- Mets have won since they have attained these high payrolls. The Yanks have won 4 WS in the last 11 yrs, the Mets, ZERO.

The Mets do not outspend their closest competitor in the NL EAST by 100 million.

Now get the pom poms out, go back as far as you can and start waving em. The Mets payroll is as much or close to teams like the Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers, Cubs etc. We are talking a +/- 20 million. In terms of the Yankees(and lets say the Mets, because that seems to be the only way your brain will operate) they outspend them by 100 million. SO lets take the Mets roster, at 120 mil or so and add another 100 mil, thats what you get.

And I am not the one waving pom poms that the Mets win the NL east despite missing their best pitchers 85% of the year and their best set up man all year. The Mets should win they have a 100 million dollar payroll.

The Mets do not outspend their closest competitor in the NL EAST by 100 million.

Now get the pom poms out, go back as far as you can and start waving em. The Mets payroll is as much or close to teams like the Red Sox, Angels, Dodgers, Cubs etc. We are talking a +/- 20 million. In terms of the Yankees(and lets say the Mets, because that seems to be the only way your brain will operate) they outspend them by 100 million. SO lets take the Mets roster, at 120 mil or so and add another 100 mil, thats what you get.

And I am not the one waving pom poms that the Mets win the NL east despite missing their best pitchers 85% of the year and their best set up man all year. The Mets should win they have a 100 million dollar payroll.

Im not celebrating a div. title, Im proud of how they turned thier season around. And all those teams, although 100 million less, is a huge payroll, over 100 million. Like you said, the Mets should win, how come they dont? The Yanks won 9 straight div titles and 4 WS "as of late", since the Mets went over 100 mil. What have the Mets won?

Im not celebrating a div. title, Im proud of how they turned thier season around. And all those teams, although 100 million less, is a huge payroll, over 100 million. Like you said, the Mets should win, how come they dont? The Yanks won 9 straight div titles and 4 WS "as of late", since the Mets went over 100 mil. What have the Mets won?

SO 100 mil is a bench mark? Anything over is just gravy? Anyway since the Mets have been spending 100 million wisely they have had a bounce back season of 83 wins, a division title and are on the cusp of another divison title. They went to game 7 of the NLCS losing to the eventual world champions despite missing their top starter and reliever in the series.

A better question to ask is what have the Yankees won since spending 200 million? 150? million or even 120 million?

SO 100 mil is a bench mark? Anything over is just gravy? Anyway since the Mets have been spending 100 million wisely they have had a bounce back season of 83 wins, a division title and are on the cusp of another divison title. They went to game 7 of the NLCS losing to the eventual world champions despite missing their top starter and reliever in the series.

A better question to ask is what have the Yankees won since spending 200 million? 150? million or even 120 million?

Oh, sorry for not mentioning such stout acheivments <_<

Your answer, the 1 I already gave you, 4 WS and 9 div titles.

Oh, sorry for not mentioning such stout acheivments <_<

Your answer, the 1 I already gave you, 4 WS and 9 div titles.

The Yankees have not won 4 WS and 9 division titles since they have starting blatantly outspending the competition by almost a 2-1 margin in terms of highest and 2nd highest. They were never that far above the rest when they "were" winning WS titles, which has been quite some time now.

The Yankees have not won 4 WS and 9 division titles since they have starting blatantly outspending the competition by almost a 2-1 margin in terms of highest and 2nd highest. They were never that far above the rest when they "were" winning WS titles, which has been quite some time now.

I guess thats where we differ. you refer to 150+million plus since 2003 as blatantly outspending the competition, when the competition, was well over 100 million too, including the Mets. In 2003 they spent 118 million. I say, if you can put a 100+million up, youre gonna get a team that can contend. The Yanks may not have won it all since 2000, but they are always in the playoffs and div champs. In 96, the difference wasnt that much either. Except, of course, the Yanks produced 4 WS and 9 Div titles in that span.

I guess thats where we differ. you refer to 150+million plus since 2003 as blatantly outspending the competition, when the competition, was well over 100 million too, including the Mets. In 2003 they spent 118 million. I say, if you can put a 100+million up, youre gonna get a team that can contend. The Yanks may not have won it all since 2000, but they are always in the playoffs and div champs. In 96, the difference wasnt that much either. Except, of course, the Yanks produced 4 WS and 9 Div titles in that span.

I do not think I ever used the year 2003 as a benchmark or starting point? :confused:

Its not about the payroll, its about this idea that the great Yankees overcame such enormous odds and are going to make the playoffs. My point is that this was not the KC Royals miraculously capturing the AL Wild card.

As of today the Yankees would play the Indians in the alds if they dont win the al east. So Bad Egg, youre really, really dumb. Im starting to think its not an act any more and you truly are as dumb as your antagonistic posts make you out to be.

Why am I "really, really dumb"?

Are you suggesting that, as an Angels fans, I should not want to play the Redsox in the first round because the Redsox have a good history against the Angels? Instead, I should hope the Angels play the Yankees first and that someone else knocks off the Sox?

If you are going to win the World Series you have to beat good teams sooner or later. I would rather have the Sox in the first round than in the Championship series.

Sox in the first round and Yankees in the second: Dream come true. Monkey goes to World Series. :flex: