Eli taking snaps

jerseygiantfan

Eli takes snaps, hands off at practice

Associated Press, Updated 32 minutes ago

STORY TOOLS:

print

send

blog LIKE THIS STORY?

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Giants quarterback Eli Manning was at practice Wednesday, taking snaps and handing off as he tested his bruised right shoulder.

He was scheduled to throw later in the day.

Giants coach Tom Coughlin gave no indication whether Manning would play Sunday against the Green Bay Packers but said, "I am encouraged by his progress."

Coughlin also said Manning is not as sore as he was a few days ago and that the swelling in his shoulder had subsided.

Jared Lorenzen took snaps with the first team, and would make his first career start if Manning can't play.

Manning, who was hurt in the fourth quarter of Sunday night's season-opening 45-35 loss at Dallas, has started the last 42 regular season and playoff games for New York.

Coughlin said Manning's status is day-to-day.

"We'll take everything into consideration, realize that he wants to play and is extremely competitive, and at the right time, we'll make the proper call," Coughlin said.

Coughlin refused to set a deadline for Manning, who completed 28-of-41 passes for 312 yards and four touchdowns in the loss.

"We'll give him every opportunity," Coughlin said.

Coughlin also was encouraged by the injury report on defensive end Osi Umenyiora. He hurt a knee in the first quarter against Dallas. He also is being listed as day-to-day.

Halfback Brandon Jacobs will be out up to a month with a knee injury.

Kicker Lawrence Tynes did not practice Wednesday because of a calf injury. He is expected to kick on Thursday.

Coughlin said that free agent Josh Huston, who was barely beat out by Tynes in training camp, would be among his top choices if New York needed a new kicker this weekend.

Mort is still saying its a slight separation on ESPN. Mike and the Dog seem to think he got some info from Archie or Peyton. My guess is that initially this is what they thought, when they saw the MRI and it was reevaluated by Andrews, the initial Sunday night sideline diagnosis changed.

I have a feeling we actually caught a break on this and that leaving Dallas SUnday night we thought this was worse.

Mort is still saying its a slight separation on ESPN. Mike and the Dog seem to think he got some info from Archie or Peyton. My guess is that initially this is what they thought, when they saw the MRI and it was reevaluated by Andrews, the initial Sunday night sideline diagnosis changed.

I have a feeling we actually caught a break on this and that leaving Dallas SUnday night we thought this was worse.

well, archie is an excellent agent, doctor, coach, PR man, and Dad. And he was also a great QB, although he was stuck with a hapless organization, which framed his drive to put his son, Eli, in a not so hapless organization.

As long as we have Eli, we have a chance.

Isn't it crazy that the guy so many people were down on these past couple years is suddenly the hope? Either this team has really tanked or Eli has really developed....with only one game and the preseason to go on I say he has developed. But I leave open the right to change that.

Isn't it crazy that the guy so many people were down on these past couple years is suddenly the hope? Either this team has really tanked or Eli has really developed....with only one game and the preseason to go on I say he has developed. But I leave open the right to change that.

I believe its a bit of both, more so Eli coming into form. He has always had the tools, he's just showin them now.

I have always been a Eli supporter.

What is sad is, once he has a bad game, as ALL qbs do, everyone will shit on him again. Its really amazing. I have never seen a qb under the microscope anywhere near as much as Eli.

What is sad is, once he has a bad game, as ALL qbs do, everyone will shit on him again. Its really amazing. I have never seen a qb under the microscope anywhere near as much as Eli.

I know, it is crazy. Best QB this team has had in a long time, but his last name and the draft day trade set a new high for expectations, a new high in the NY market of all places.

What???? What are you talking about??? :huh: You mean to tell me, NY fans would love someone, then turn around and hate that same person they praised over and over again?? NEVER!!!!!

(see Tiki Barber) :rolleyes:

What???? What are you talking about??? :huh: You mean to tell me, NY fans would love someone, then turn around and hate that same person they praised over and over again?? NEVER!!!!!

(see Tiki Barber) :rolleyes:

Oh dear lord....will you just let Tiki make sweet sweet love to you already and get it over with.

Oh dear lord....will you just let Tiki make sweet sweet love to you already and get it over with.

Seriously. Do we really need to have a comparison made between a QB being criticized for his play and an ex-player who is making his career based on making negative remarks about his former team, teammates, and coach? No we don't so don't bother responding to this and don't bring up such a ridiculous comparison again.

Seriously. Do we really need to have a comparison made between a QB being criticized for his play and an ex-player who is making his career based on making negative remarks about his former team, teammates, and coach? No we don't so don't bother responding to this and don't bring up such a ridiculous comparison again.

Lub, I have to. Making a career? He just started his new career, are looking into the future via some crystal ball or someting? How do you know his whole career will be based on trash talking his former team? And why does a few remarks about Eli and TC mean thats all he talks about? Ive heard him talk about other things plenty of times.