SportsWrath

Pat Burrell

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

i think he still has a few years left on his deal. i think his contract was for six or seven years. in retrospect it's not as bad a deal as people say it is. six or 7 years at 50 mil was a lot back when he signed the deal but these days it probably puts him at fair market value

i think he still has a few years left on his deal. i think his contract was for six or seven years. in retrospect it's not as bad a deal as people say it is. six or 7 years at 50 mil was a lot back when he signed the deal but these days it probably puts him at fair market value

youre right, he become a FA after the 08 season...trade bait in the off season?

looks like this guy is making a show me the money run...he's been on a tear since the all star break. I guess his sgent told him, "you want to get paid...start fucking hitting!!!" I can see him getting a 10m+ deal from some dumb team. The Mets might even be interested

For a pers such as yourself, who at every chance likes to inform all about how much you know about baseball, I find it amusing that you would think the Mets have a spot on their team for this man. You would have a better shot at seeing Alou back then this happening. With youngsters like Gomez and Milledge in the mix and Chavez being under contract your assumption looks even sillier.

For a pers such as yourself, who at every chance likes to inform all about how much you know about baseball, I find it amusing that you would think the Mets have a spot on their team for this man. You would have a better shot at seeing Alou back then this happening. With youngsters like Gomez and Milledge in the mix and Chavez being under contract your assumption looks even sillier.

the reasons why I said the Mets Might be interested in him is because

1. He kills the Mets

2. Moises Alou is 40 years old and injury prone, I doubt he comes back, even though he can still hit very well

3. Endy Chavez is one of those in between guys, too good to sut for long periods of times, but not good enough to be the everyday starter

4. No way do the Mets go with 2 rookies as starting outfielders.

1. He kills the Mets

2. Moises Alou is 40 years old and injury prone, I doubt he comes back, even though he can still hit very well

3. Endy Chavez is one of those in between guys, too good to sut for long periods of times, but not good enough to be the everyday starter

Milledge won't be a rookie next year.

Moises will be back, he'll play 110 games, and Endy and Carlos will platoon in the games he misses.

1. He kills the Mets

Would Milledge still be considered a rookie next year?

how many ab's does he have?

This year he started 70% of the games in the second half, at least.

Last year he played a good chunk of games too.

After how many games or ABs does it take to no longer be considered a rookie?

I think Milledge has nearly 2/3 a season's worth of ABs in his career.

If Pat Burrel were to replace Bobby Abreu he would instantly become great. Anywaydy Milledge is at 160 at bats already, his rookie status is gone and my guess is he is starting in RF in 2008 and Gomez gets one more full year in AAA to be ready to play LF(or RF) in the new Citifield in 2009.

Word is Moises wants to retire. Any FA OF out there that could stop by for 1 year?

Not sure yet, but that even makes it more possible that Milledge gets a starting job, at least to begin 2008. Free agent outfielders out there? Not sure on that. There is a plethora of good centerfielders on the market, but that is not an issue on the Mets. My guess is Omar convinces Alou to come back for 1 year, expect him to play 100 games at best and the Mets use some sort of rotation in rf and lf of Alou, Milledge, Chavez, with Milledge getting the bulk of the at bats and playing time.

supposedly the reds want to pick up dunn's option and trade him, abreau's got an option, and im pretty sure cameron and bradley are free agents too. there's also this japanese dude fukudome who is supposed to come to the majors next season, he's really good and he'll be a free agent so there wont be a posting process. he's a .300,+ 30 hrs, 100 rbi, 45 doubles player in japan and is supposed to be good in the field with a cannon for an arm.

my money's on luis gonzalez though as he is old and hispanic