SportsWrath

WTF Phillies?

jranieli

what was that today? I am not busting your balls but what the hell has happened? I guess some of you were right by being optimistic after the Mets sweep. I just don't understand what happened? Kick the crap out of the Mets and the wheels fall off. No way they should have blew that game today. You can blame Manual for putting in Gordon for three straight games. His decisions are mind boggling. He got away with it against the Mets but some times it is going to catch up. I really think the comfort of home really helps your team. Not good on the road. I understand that. Manual has to go though. I do feel your pain.

easy there. It is not over yet. This is the Mets you are a talking about. Remember the team who lets other teams bullpens shut them down, like tonight.

:brooding:

I'm trying a new approach.

The Mets suck, and I never really liked them. The Phillies are the best team I have ever seen and will win the division.

Go Phillies.

Yay.

The Mets suck, and I never really liked them. The Phillies are the best team I have ever seen and will win the division.

Go Phillies.

Yay.

You've finally learned...

But in all honesty, I'm pretty much still fully expecting a last week Phillies collapse - just because I've become so accustomed to it. They keep it close till the very end (usually just the WC though) then in the last 5 or so games they just fold under the pressure. BUT, with the way the two teams are playing, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the Phils slipped in. I'd love to see it, but I can't say I'm counting on it.

Mets will win the division...only because the phils are even bigger choke artists

did you watch the highlights from last night? The pen is showing its true colors. It was holding its own over the year but over the last month, it has caught up to them. Remember the Yankees this year, couldn't hold a lead? Well they weren't scoring either but the Mets are but the pitching is letting them down. Too bad we don't have a Jabo in our pen. I think the Yanks season changed after he came up.

• 2 weeks later...