SportsWrath

Imagine if the Giants won the superbowl...

osi724dasack

I mean his broadcasting career would be over.

If he doesnt make the hall of fame then he will be regretting not playing an extra year or 2...

he will regret not playing for a ring

he will not even get his # retired cuz of all the shit he is talking...

This is just bad for tiki...either way his little game will wear off as soon as his former teamates leave the giants...cuz he will hav nothing interesting to say

fake in that he was over half of the offense for this team for the last few years??.

We don't like Tiki's approach now, me included, but fair is fair.

I agree. Tiki played hard, and sometimes played injured. He always had the heart, except for that last game. He may have played well that day, but he clearly didn't care that the Giants had lost. :TD:

I said it before, not caring is different than not producing along the same lines as not having heart/passion is different from not being able to lead in the stats column. One can care about the team, organization, teammates, etc., but not produce for the team (look in the mirror if you're looking for an example). Tiki proved that the converse is also true. You can produce, but not care about the team or organization. I wouldn't go as far as him not caring about his teammates.

I said it before, not caring is different than not producing along the same lines as not having heart/passion is different from not being able to lead in the stats column. One can care about the team, organization, teammates, etc., but not produce for the team (look in the mirror if you're looking for an example). Tiki proved that the converse is also true. You can produce, but not care about the team or organization. I wouldn't go as far as him not caring about his teammates.

When he first came to the Giants...he had that gee whiz...aw shucks innocence about him; or at least that was what he was trying to project. But once he became established I guess he figured that the fake persona he projected would fool everyone and for a time it did. However there is a term in psychology known as cognitive dissonance where basically an individual can only fake it for so long. After awhile the work it takes to keep the mask on it becomes increasingly more difficult as time goes by.

What is often most paradoxical is that the more successful the mask the harder it is to maintain it. Essentially you have to become a totally separate personality. In my opinion as he obtained his insurance policy (e.g. broadcast career), it became increasingly more difficult for him to be the Fake Happy go lucky Tiki; and the real MeMe Barber came to fore. It started three or so years ago with that whole crazy confrontation with Strahan ( a real trusting nut case - see recent divorce settlement) that showed me who he really was underneath the mask. After that I believe most of the Giants Veterans kept their distance from him.

How exactly did Tiki prove he didn't care during his playing career?.

Seriously, it's not a reasonable argument guys, the Giants have been overreliant on Tiki. The guy would be flat out exhausted and come out for one play and go right back in. In fact, when he spoke up after the Carolina game, I think more than ever he showed he did give a shit. Like it or not he was right.

When Pettigout broke his leg last year, the only player who seemed genuinely concerned was Tiki.

Frankly if the last few years of Tiki's career are indicative of him "not caring", then I hope the team really doesn't give a shit this year, then we'll win the superbowl.

I agree. Tiki played hard, and sometimes played injured. He always had the heart, except for that last game. He may have played well that day, but he clearly didn't care that the Giants had lost. :TD:

That's not true. I don't doubt for one second that if he could have continued in the playoffs, he would have been happy to. Guys smile, talk shit to each other and pray after every single game and in this particular one, many of the Eagles came up to him and told him they respected him. I don't see what the big deal was that "he was smiling and blowing kisses". That's nuts. He was like that every game.

• 4 years later...