SportsWrath

Are you kidding me?????

jerseygiantfan

This is what confuses me the most. We dont like him, cool. Tiki dont like him, problem. :huh:

But I dont want to open this can of worms again, Ive enjoyed getting along with everyone, please dont pelt me with grapefruits. :o

Speak for your self bro, I love Tom Coughlin. Now that he has a good DC you all are going to as well.

Speak for your self bro, I love Tom Coughlin. Now that he has a good DC you all are going to as well.

4 preseason games and one of those was dismal against the Panthers. Let's wait for a few regular season games before saying "the Spagster" is a good DC.

You have to think that there are 31 other teams out there that he could have played for if Coughlin is that bad. Tiki could turn a superbowl pretender into a champion, he had that kind of ability. He had options.

well he was under contract, his only options were to continue to play for the giants or retire.

while im probably the driver of the 'anti-tiki' bandwagon i probably dislike coughlin more. these excerpts only prove what most of us figured--that tiki quit because of coughlin. again, i dont like tiki as a person, but he was our best player and is gone now because of our coach. as a fan that's extremely depressing

Tiki is full of it. We all saw that clip of how busy he was on off days, getting ready for his new career. If Coughlin really sucked the desire out of him, why didn't he just demand a trade? Didn't he sign an extension during the Coughlin regime? If he did, why did he re-sign, and not sign somewhere else? There are 31 other football teams and coaches he could have played for. I don't believe him for one second. This is all about Tiki Barber and selling himself, his book, and his new career. It has absolutely nothing to do with Coughlin, who just happened to help him reach his ceiling. I don't like Coughlin much, but Barber is the first player I can remember who has gone out of his way to bash the New York Giants to better serve himself, and it's embarrassing the franchise. Come on, is he the first player ever not to like his coach?

Mr. Mara would be very disappointed.

Bingo. Which is exactly why I stand behind Tiki on this. He wasnt going to be with anyone else, he was a Giant, true blue.

He's not true blue, because he's going out of his way to bash Big Blue. In baseball, they always talk about "the Yankee Way". The Giants have always had that same aura about them. You were a Giant, you were a Giant for life. You did not bash the franchise when you left. Barber is the only player that I know of to break that code, and he's doing it to promote himself.

Bingo. Which is exactly why I stand behind Tiki on this. He wasnt going to be with anyone else, he was a Giant, true blue.

This is laughable, Tiki/Giants/True Blue in the same statement. When are you people going to realize he is the most self serving player to wear a Giant uniform in decades. It does not take away from the great things he did(particularly the past 3 years, we shall forget the failures of 97-99 and the fumbles of 00-03), but to think for one second that this guy has any loyalty to the Giants or anyone else for that matter is naive. Tiki is about TIKI, simple as that. Always has been, always will be. He just does it with a smile on his face. Like I have said the only difference between TO and Tiki is that when Tiki fucks you in the ass, he smiles and gives you a reach around when doing so.

This nonsense about him quitting because of Coughlin is yet another example of the Tiki Barber media machine deflecting blame. Anyone remember when this bullshit started last year, when he told the media(and anyone else with a mic)that it all started week 2, @ the Eagles when he said he did not feel like he was into it. No mention of the coach then. I am sure he did not like Coughlin, lets not forget it was Coughlin and the front office that put a stop to the Tiki Media gigs during the season and the twice a week trips up to the YES studios to do This Week in football, but everyone has to stop drinking the cool Aid. THis man was not gonna play in 2007 if Mother Teresa was the head coach. I think this was more about Coughlin stopping his abiity to be a TV guy and a football player and wanting him to concentrate on football.

Lets not forget, it was printed and spoken plenty of times in 2002-2003 that maybe Tiki needs to spend more time trying to hold onto the ball then rapping on TV with Bob Lorenz and Gary Myers during the season.

Tiki is full of it. We all saw that clip of how busy he was on off days, getting ready for his new career. If Coughlin really sucked the desire out of him, why didn't he just demand a trade? Didn't he sign an extension during the Coughlin regime? If he did, why did he re-sign, and not sign somewhere else? There are 31 other football teams and coaches he could have played for. I don't believe him for one second. This is all about Tiki Barber and selling himself, his book, and his new career. It has absolutely nothing to do with Coughlin, who just happened to help him reach his ceiling. I don't like Coughlin much, but Barber is the first player I can remember who has gone out of his way to bash the New York Giants to better serve himself, and it's embarrassing the franchise. Come on, is he the first player ever not to like his coach?

Mr. Mara would be very disappointed.

Yeah, what a bastard, this guy should know he should play football till he dies. :rolleyes:

Guys, guys, guys, I understand that there may be things that we can debate, but this aint one of them. Youre mad because he was thinking of his life after football?? Thats not being a douche, thats being prepared.

Yeah, what a bastard, this guy should know he should play football till he dies. :rolleyes:

Guys, guys, guys, I understand that there may be things that we can debate, but this aint one of them. Youre mad because he was thinking of his life after football?? Thats not being a douche, thats being prepared.

He's entitled to make a life for himself after football. Nobody would slam him for that. It's a good thing considering how life has turned out for some vets. But he could handle it differently that's for sure.

Last night I walked into the room and my wife asked me who this guy was selling clothes on Home shopping Network (don't ask). It was Carl Banks. Banks owns GIII and some of his stuff is pretty decent, but while on there, he was wearing his Giants Jacket. Banks wasn't a Giant all his life, he was with the Browns also, but regardless of his past with the franchise (Carl should have kicked Ray Handleys ass), he remains True Blue. There are so many past Giants who show great loyalty to the Giants after their playing days. Hell you'd swear OJ Anderson played his entire career as a Giant as opposed to 3-4 years. The Giants org overall has always treated it's players well, that was Mara's way, and Tiki got treated well also. That's why his taking swipes at the org are so annoying.

:o complete bullshit... you wanna know why ... deep down in Tiki's heart of hearts he wanted to play for the Redskins . They were his Favorite team when he was a kid . and IF you watch his last Touchdown run as a GIANT he blows kisses to the REDSKIN crowd Knowing full well this was his last TD as An NFL player and he got to do it in front on the FANS he always dreamed he would be Cheered by.

You're missing the point, being that he already had his mind set that he was leaving, and was preparing to do so. I would believe his BS about leaving because of Coughlin if it had happened abruptly, and he decided he couldn't play for the guy anymore, but he already let the world know how much time he was spending preparing for his second career. It's smart to prepare yourself for life after football, but Tiki is not being honest about it, and is bashing his former team, the one who made him TIKI BARBER, to better himself in his new line of work. He's being an ass, and if he thinks he's fooling his fans, he's not as bright as we all thought.

:o complete bullshit... you wanna know why ... deep down in Tiki's heart of hearts he wanted to play for the Redskins . They were his Favorite team when he was a kid . and IF you watch his last Touchdown run as a GIANT he blows kisses to the REDSKIN crowd Knowing full well this was his last TD as An NFL player and he got to do it in front on the FANS he always dreamed he would be Cheered by.

Now its getting downright ridiculous. He blew kisses all the time. C'mon now. :rolleyes:

You're missing the point, being that he already had his mind set that he was leaving, and was preparing to do so. I would believe his BS about leaving because of Coughlin if it had happened abruptly, and he decided he couldn't play for the guy anymore, but he already let the world know how much time he was spending preparing for his second career. It's smart to prepare yourself for life after football, but Tiki is not being honest about it, and is bashing his former team, the one who made him TIKI BARBER, to better himself in his new line of work. He's being an ass, and if he thinks he's fooling his fans, he's not as bright as we all thought.

I agree with what youre saying up to the "Bashing his team" comments. I dont see it as bashing his team and coach. He gave TC respect, and also said his true feelings. Eli's situation, well maybe I could see how youd think that, but thats not how I interpret it. If I think someone is handling a situation "comically", I would tell that person those exact words, no other way to do it.

I agree with what youre saying up to the "Bashing his team" comments. I dont see it as bashing his team and coach. He gave TC respect, and also said his true feelings. Eli's situation, well maybe I could see how youd think that, but thats not how I interpret it. If I think someone is handling a situation "comically", I would tell that person those exact words, no other way to do it.

He's embarrassing the New York Giants, one of the most well known, respected franchises in sports. Why? The Giants made him who he is. The Giants always treated him fairly. He didn't even give a shit that his team was losing in last year's playoff game. He sat on the bench, by himself, not looking like he gave a damn what the outcome was going to be. After the game, he had a smile on his face like, "This shit is finally over." Tiki could learn a thing or two from Eli. Eli has always held himself accountable, and has NEVER had a bad thing to say about a teammate, no matter how bad things were going or who was pointing fingers around him. That's a true leader.

He's embarrassing the New York Giants, one of the most well known, respected franchises in sports. Why? The Giants made him who he is. The Giants always treated him fairly. He didn't even give a shit that his team was losing in last year's playoff game. He sat on the bench, by himself, not looking like he gave a damn what the outcome was going to be. After the game, he had a smile on his face like, "This shit is finally over." Tiki could learn a thing or two from Eli. Eli has always held himself accountable, and has NEVER had a bad thing to say about a teammate, no matter how bad things were going or who was pointing fingers around him. That's a true leader.

:huh::huh:

Embarrassing the NEW YORK GIANTS?? He made some comments that not everyone agrees with, do you think anyone will remember this a yr from now? They wont, and how do you know he didnt care? By his "look"? C'mon feififo, I understand what he's doing aint the greatest in everyones book, but dont you think youre exagerrating a little?

Embarrassing the NEW YORK GIANTS?? He made some comments that not everyone agrees with, do you think anyone will remember this a yr from now? They wont, and how do you know he didnt care? By his "look"? C'mon feififo, I understand what he's doing aint the greatest in everyones book, but dont you think youre exagerrating a little?

Your homerism is quite admirable, I will give you that.

I cannot reiterate enough that Giants fans like yourself with the blue colored glasses have to step away from this situation and look at it as though it were a player from another team. Really its the only way to truly see it for what it is.

Your homerism is quite admirable, I will give you that.

I cannot reiterate enough that Giants fans like yourself with the blue colored glasses have to step away from this situation and look at it as though it were a player from another team. Really its the only way to truly see it for what it is.

:clap:

thank you

NO. Did you watch last year's playoff game? He sat BY HIMSELF, looking like he didn't give a shit if the Giants won or lost. After the game, he was all smiles, while his teammates were taking a hard loss. Tiki didn't care that the Giants had lost, and the season was over. Tiki was happy that Tiki's days were done, and his new career could begin. And of course we'll remember this a year from now, because I'm sure Tiki will still be talking about it.

But he's always stated he grew up a Redskin fan, and no one had a problem with it till now. :rolleyes:

I thought I said I didnt want to get into this again.... :P

I never had a problem with that. do you think all players get to play on the team the grew up

with? no of course not. by th eway I only saw Tiki blowing kisses to Giants fan's untill that last game then he sat on the bench with that shit eating grin nowing full well what he was about to pull off in the next 8 months.

Tiki will return to football. As soon as his new act gets tired and no one wants to hear about his take on the Giants any longer, he'll announce his unretirement. But fuck him if he thinks he's getting back on this team

I was thinking the same thing today but then was reading that the Giants still own his rights for a few more years. If I were the Giants, I would would not give it up until that time is done with.