SportsWrath

Giants Front office

Lughead

Some Sunday tidbits

Posted by Mike Garafolo September 02, 2007 2:29PM

Categories: Roster Moves

The NFL Network is reporting the Giants have claimed OL Kevin Boothe off waivers from the Raiders. No confirmation on that yet, but here are a few tidbits to hold you over:

*Looks like Lawrence Tynes didn't win the kicking job yet. According to someone who has spoken to K Dave Rayner recently, the former Packer will be visiting the Giants soon for a workout and physical. The person said Rayner could be here as soon as tonight and would presumably work out tomorrow. The Giants weren't willing to trade a draft pick for Rayner yesterday but would obviously like to take a look at him. Also, K Josh Huston is on his way to Kansas City for a workout with the Chiefs one day ater being cut by the Giants.

*CB E.J. Underwood and DE Marquies Gunn cleared waivers and will be signed to the practice squad today, their agents said. Someone else familiar with the team's thinking said WR Brandon London also cleared waivers and will be signed to the practice squad.

*S J.R. Reed found a new home -- his old one. Reed signed with the Eagles today, according to his agent, Jonathan Kline.

I'll keep you posted on any more news. There are five spots to be filled on the practice squad and the Boothe move is kind of interesting to me. We'll see what that's all about.

MG

The Giants claimed CB Dovonte Edwards off waivers, according to a league source. Edwards has a good shot to compete for playing time in a secondary that isn't very deep. The Giants have announced they've claimed Edwards and Boothe. They've also cut G Zach Piller, whom they signed in the spring. And in addition to Underwood, Gunn and London, they've signed G/C Matt Lentz to the practice squad. That leaves four spots on the practice squad to be filled by tomorrow.

I hate to see Reed go to Philly when I heard we cut Demps I was sure Reed would at least be on the practice squad.

so we have 4 PS positions to fill? who do we have left to put there ? I was thinking the other punter he looked ok and did an ok job, just needs to work on the place holding . Let's face it Feagles wont last forever.