SportsWrath

Anyone notice this about our Miami contingent?

fishgutmartyr

Both Burress and Shockey insist on training in Miami, because, according to Shockey "they practice on natural turf."

But a funny thing: both of these guys have been injured for chunks of training camp. Have to wonder what's going to happen next offseason, since this preseason has pretty much blown that argument out of the water.

Granted Burress had surgery, but he's had problems with his other ankle, and his back.

Given the play of Mix, Smith, and Jennings this preaseason; Burress doesn't concern me near as much as before. Toomer has about a year or two left before it's curtains for him.

Shockey on the other hand is crucial to our offense. Granted, he might not have huge games, but his presence in the middle opens stuff up on the outside.

Given the play of Mix, Smith, and Jennings this preaseason; Burress doesn't concern me near as much as before. Toomer has about a year or two left before it's curtains for him.

Shockey on the other hand is crucial to our offense. Granted, he might not have huge games, but his presence in the middle opens stuff up on the outside.

I dont necessarily like Plax's "holier than thou" attitude, but he is prett crucial to our rec. game at this point too. If nothing more than his presence, demanding double coverage. But I agree, given what Smith and Mix have shown, it may not matter.

Man, three years ago I would have agreed with ya... but Manning doesn't seem to throw Shock's way much, hence the hand waving and crying by the latter.